turbodog

Why Isn't the Helicopter Respawning?

Since the new patch, 1.7.2.6, the helicopter has NOT respawned on our server. It has been over 7 days since it crashed and blew up. Everytime we restart the server, it is seen crashing and blowing up again.

Is there any fix planned for this? Also, the vehicles are bascially doing the same thing. Although they save, when they are destroyed, they do not respawn in their supposed spawn points.

We have a Host Altitude server which runs 1.7.2.6/96584

Any help with this?

Thanks.

Since the new patch, 1.7.2.6, the helicopter has NOT respawned on our server. It has been over 7 days since it crashed and blew up. Everytime we restart the server, it is seen crashing and blowing up again.

If you don't save crashed chopper it will respawn at the crash location upon server restart - If it is in the water or chopper is stuck in the trees, it will continue to take damage...

Either

1. Go to the crash location and save crashed chopper and wait 7 days.

2. If the crash location is inland you could demolish trees around chopper with truck or push it carefully to open ground and possible fix it and refuel it...

Edited by Caine

1. Go to the crash location and save crashed chopper and wait 7 days.

Is that only for the helicopter is or is that for all vehicles? Is there a way to really destroy a vehicle so that a different one spawns? For example, I notice from my logs that there are no trucks on my server. Is there a way for me to destroy one of the bikes or ATVs so that it wouldn't respawn, but maybe a truck would spawn instead?

Is that only for the helicopter is or is that for all vehicles? Is there a way to really destroy a vehicle so that a different one spawns? For example, I notice from my logs that there are no trucks on my server. Is there a way for me to destroy one of the bikes or ATVs so that it wouldn't respawn, but maybe a truck would spawn instead?

What log do you refer by saying that there are no trucks on your server?. For example when you start your server last lines before things start rolling are after "HIVE: Commence Object Streaming..." and then it lists every tent, wire, tank trap, sandbag and vehicles by their ID so you can see what vehicles are currently in your server.

If you save crashed vehicle it will spawn again after 7 days on one of it's spawn point.

As far as I am aware, each vehicle type has a set amount of vehicles that it wants to have spawned on your server. No vehicle can "take up" a different vehicle's spot on your server and prevent it from spawning. If you have no trucks, they've been destroyed and are awaiting their 7 day cooldown before respawning.

The way vehicle destruction works is this.

*Vehicle gets destroyed*

[Possibility 1] If nobody "Saves" the burnt wreckage of the vehicle, on next server restart it will spawn at the last location that a person got in/got out of the vehicle. This means it's very realistic for a helicopter to have its location stored mid-air if people bail out of a crashing chopper before it hits the ground. Note this applies to ALL vehicles, not just choppers.

[Possibility 2] If somebody "Saves" the burnt wreckage, that date/time is then saved in the hive as "Vehicle lost on this date/time". After 7 days have passed of the time of that first burnt wreckage "Save" action, a replacement vehicle will randomly spawn during the next server restart at a valid spawn point for that vehicle type.

So if you have not been saving the wreckage and have just been watching it burn up restart after restart, your 7 day timer hasn't even started. That really sucks for you. Go save that thing! Then, wait 7 days.

It'll be around. I thought there were shenanigans on our server as the chopper didn't spawn on Skalisky for a number of days (8+) eventually we found it in a clans camp at Kelm.

What log do you refer

ARMA2OASERVER.RPT

For me, it shows it spawning 4 ATVs, 14 bikes, 2 Skodas, 3 motorcycles, and 7 UAZs. It spawned the chopper at the NE airfield but I crashed it :-) The crash site is gone and I haven't seen it respawn yet.

I'd really like to drop a grenade on one of the UAZs and see if I can get a truck of some kind.

As far as I am aware, each vehicle type has a set amount of vehicles that it wants to have spawned on your server.

My logs don't show that.

[Possibility 1] If nobody "Saves" the burnt wreckage of the vehicle, on next server restart it will spawn at the last location that a person got in/got out of the vehicle.

That's not happening for me. I found the chopper in the hanger at NE airfield. Put some fuel in it and flew it to the fuel point on the other side of the field. This will be the last place that anyone got in/out of it. I fueled it up, then flew toward devil's castle. But since I'm a noob and this is the first time I've flown a chopper, I crashed into the trees.

That was sunday. The chopper is not at its crash site and it's not in the hangar or at the fuel point where I got in/out of it.

I shut down the server when I'm not on it. Nobody else has found it and moved it. It's simply not at those locations.

So I can't save it. It's not there. I haven't searched the other possible spawn points.

My logs don't show that.

I stand corrected then ;)

...But since I'm a noob and this is the first time I've flown a chopper, I crashed into the trees.

If you're IN the vehicle when it explodes, then you'll have "gotten out" of the vehicle when it is in its exploded state, therefore causing a save. Anytime you get in or get out of a vehicle, it saves its repair state and location.

So, that would line up perfectly if you were in the cabin the whole time and only got out of the chopper as a result of it exploding, thus it force ejected you.

What I am talking about is where a vehicle explodes without someone being inside of it when it happened. For example, bailing out of a helicopter mid flight. Or, someone destroying a vehicle at someone's camp via grenade/satchel/etc.. I have witnessed the respawn of vehicles in their last saved state after they had exploded at least 5 times of my own server. But, like you've pointed out, only in situations where there was no riders inside at the time it exploded.

Edited by Venthos

On my server, the chopper crashed into the trees at NE of the map on september 4, we waited 7 days for it to respawn, it never respawned. So i moved to the location of the crash and made a restart, i see a big explosion at the crash location, but not any wreck, only broken trees everywhere. So i'm a unable to save the destroyed chopper and it seems i'm fucked...

The problem with the helicopter is that is spawns midair - crashes to the ground on the coast and it cannot be saved as it is totally destroyed. All there is initially is a hole in the ground which fixes itself eventually.

Edited by Turbodog

On my server, the chopper crashed into the trees at NE of the map on september 4, we waited 7 days for it to respawn, it never respawned. So i moved to the location of the crash and made a restart, i see a big explosion at the crash location, but not any wreck, only broken trees everywhere. So i'm a unable to save the destroyed chopper and it seems i'm fucked...

The problem with the helicopter is that is spawns midair - crashes to the ground on the coast and it cannot be saved as it is totally destroyed. All there is initially is a hole in the ground which fixes itself eventually.

This is exactly the same issue with our server.

Edited by Turbodog

Can anyone help me? Me and my friend have all the parts needed to repair a helicopter, but we cant seem to find one on any server we joined. We server hopped for at least an hour and still nothing. Did they change the spawn points from Skalisty Island?

Can anyone help me? Me and my friend have all the parts needed to repair a helicopter, but we cant seem to find one on any server we joined. We server hopped for at least an hour and still nothing. Did they change the spawn points from Skalisty Island?

There are about 5 possible spawn points....

Is there any fix planned for this? Also, the vehicles are bascially doing the same thing. Although they save, when they are destroyed, they do not respawn in their supposed spawn points.

We have a Host Altitude server which runs 1.7.2.6/96584

Any help with this?

Thanks.

See this thread I started in Bug Reports: Helicopter Spawn Bug

I also started a thread on dev-heaven for it here: Helicopter / Vehicle Spawn Bug