Sign in to follow this  
xxxtrigger50xxx (DayZ)

Dayz Lag Issue On a good Desktop (I hope anyways)

So recently I bought arma 2 combined operations like many other people to play this mod. Thankfully though i can play it on low graphics settings with no lag at all. Now I play with the settings below.

Screen Resolution: 800* 600 (Fullscreen)

3D Resoultion: 800 * 600

Texture Quality / Everything else: Very Low

RAM: Very High / Default (I switch between them doesn't seem to change.)

Also with modified launch steam options which are,

-mod=@dayz -CpuCount=4 -nosplash -winxp -maxmem=8192 (8 gig is the most recent amount you can use with the most recent update/patch of Dayz)

I also try this one to but see no difference.

-mod=@dayz -CpuCount=4 -nosplash -winxp (No ram modification)

Now here are my PC specs, Which I heard are "Good".

Processor: AMD FX - 4100 Quad-Core Processor 3.60GHz

System type: 64-Bit Operating System

Ram: 16GB

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium

Graphics Card Info:

Video RAM 4.0 GB

Pixel Shader version 4.1

Vertex Shader version 4.1

Hardware T&L Yes

DirectX Version: 11.0

So yes please tell me anything OI can do to play with DECENT graphics. I dont mind playing in low graphics but since I have a nice Desktop it would be nice to play in you know better graphics. Just having thew screen resolution up to lets say 1024 * 768 would be nice. It lags/stutters if i try that resolution if your wondering. And windowed mode blows wiener because it make the resolution and 3d resoultion way to high because i use a flat screen tv as my monitor which is a resolution of 1804 * 994 (Custom via Nividia Control Panel). Please dont say use -winxp or something stupid like -cpu count= 4 because i have done all that. And dont say did you donwload the "Beta Patch" because yes I have.

ALSO I HAVE TRYED booting my pc up with 4 gigs ram because of the ram issue which should have been fixed anyways but i stilled tryed it for myself.

I think this forum post should be answered for people with a quad core like myself. Thanks if you leave a comment if you don't then thanks for nothing.

You have a quad core (even if it is the wrong brand), 16gig of ram, 4gig of GPU and oyu run it at 800x600?! wtf?

Surely you've simply forgotten to activate the GPU and are using on-chip? Perhaps you have a dicky driver? Unless that GPU is shared memory (ie: an on-chip GPU that shares 4gig of your total available 16gig?)

You have a quad core (even if it is the wrong brand)' date=' 16gig of ram, 4gig of GPU and oyu run it at 800x600?! wtf?

Surely you've simply forgotten to activate the GPU and are using on-chip? Perhaps you have a dicky driver? Unless that GPU is shared memory (ie: an on-chip GPU that shares 4gig of your total available 16gig?)

[/quote']

This problem isn't going to go away until people realize that this game is so poorly optimized that many systems have issues running the game. The game is unable to use the full resources of most peoples systems. so no matter how good your PC is, the game is only using a small portion of what's on offer. It's nothing you can do on your end, it's just the game :l

I have the exact same issue.. go check your resource usage, I bet you are running at only 40-50% usage, like everyone else does with their problem

Granted, some people do play on poor computers, but us who have decent ones should be having no trouble at all playing a game like this

im lagging like shit, Frame spikes literally every second.

Running normal arma 2 att pretty good graphics and still high fps.

Running DayZ with the crappiest graphics ever, Framespikes about 10-15 fps..

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Processor, 2800 Mhz, 6 core.

64 bit computer

620W Power Supply.

Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3, Socket AM3 +

XFX Radeon HD6870 1GB 2xFAN

2Tb Caviar Green (yeah it sucks)

I dont know if these specs are good or not. It was all i could afford when i bought the computer.

Think i need to replace my Radeon HD and perhaps my AMD Phenom II X6

Edit:

I checked if i could run this game at, I passed it so i should be able to play this game without raging at the fps drops and low fps..

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx

im lagging like shit' date=' Frame spikes literally every second.

Running normal arma 2 att pretty good graphics and still high fps.

Running DayZ with the crappiest graphics ever, Framespikes about 10-15 fps..

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Processor, 2800 Mhz, 6 core.

64 bit computer

620W Power Supply.

Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3, Socket AM3 +

XFX Radeon HD6870 1GB 2xFAN

2Tb Caviar Green (yeah it sucks)

I dont know if these specs are good or not. It was all i could afford when i bought the computer.

Think i need to replace my Radeon HD and perhaps my AMD Phenom II X6

Edit:

I checked if i could run this game at, I passed it so i should be able to play this game without raging at the fps drops and low fps..

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx

[/quote']

Those are some good specs lol :) and yeah I always do research before buying a game and system req lab was one of my biggest things I rely on to tell if I can run a game. I meet the standards by far according to it and then even almost all of the recommended stats for arma 2 AO. But of course some people say this site is inaccurate sometimes even though the site usses the information found on the back of the actual games back. Tested it with AVP for pc and it had everything the req lab said on the back of the AVP box. lol Thanks for the reply good to know im not the only one mad here..

i get the same constant lag spikes.

i have a 3.16 GHz dual core with 6GB RAM and runnig a GTX460 overclocked.

i have no problem running the Arma 2 game even on high settings but wehn i get into Dayz i start getting crazy, constant lag spikes that sometimes last a whole 2 seconds.

turning down graphics settings does make the game run a bit faster but doesn't do anything for the lag spikes.

the funny part is i get the lag spikes even if i stand completely still in game and don't move the camera at all....:S

it's just the mod. it is Alpha after all.....

i get the same constant lag spikes.

i have a 3.16 GHz dual core with 6GB RAM and runnig a GTX460 overclocked.

i have no problem running the Arma 2 game even on high settings but wehn i get into Dayz i start getting crazy' date=' constant lag spikes that sometimes last a whole 2 seconds.

turning down graphics settings does make the game run a bit faster but doesn't do anything for the lag spikes.

the funny part is i get the lag spikes even if i stand completely still in game and don't move the camera at all....:S

it's just the mod. it is Alpha after all.....

[/quote']

I probably should mention that arma 2 OA runs really well but Dayz is were the lag is mainly at. I get lag spikes on both versions sometimes..

Are you guys connected straight to the router or using a wireless adapter?

I had the same exact issue. What I did to fix it was once I joined a game using Six Launcher I would ALT+TAB out of the game and close Six Launcher. It would literally cause my game to have lag spikes every few seconds so bad that I thought I was going to not be able to play DayZ.

I hope this helps you out.

Hey can any1 tell me if this is a good config of my PC?

4GB RAM

E5300 Dual core 2.6 GHz

ATI 4850 521 MB DDR3

Hey can any1 tell me if this is a good config of my PC?

4GB RAM

E5300 Dual core 2.6 GHz

ATI 4850 521 MB DDR3

It'll work I think, but not great. maxes out my 3.16GHz dual core, especially these occasional lag spikes.