Morchaint (DayZ)

New Hack Going Around?

So is there a new hack going around?

My server is completely up-to-date, including all the lastest battleye filters (including the newest publicvariables.txt & .log).

However, I just had someone sign on the server and do the "teleport everyone to middle of ocean and kill them" script, which I have not seen in over a month.

I know who it was who did it, and promptly banned them, since we were the only two on the server.

But, what really concerns me is that evidence of this is not showing up in any of my logs.

Is a new hack going around that completely by-passes battleye? Or has my server just been lucky for the past month or so?

Edited by Morchaint

What do you mean with "new hack", the teleporting and other scripts always existed.

Well yea, there was some public hack released today, it will most likely be detected within the next 12 hours. However, it only uses local/unflagged commands which are not flagged in the public remoteexec/ publicvariable files YET.

Nothing is ever 100% secure and obviously those files will have to be updated too.

Edited by Nik21

The filter files catch the execution of the hack AFTER THE EVENT only BE can prevent and ban cheats as they happen. It takes time to write detection code for hacks, so get checking those log files.

Last night we had so many hackers teleporting vehicles and teleporting people into the water. It was crazy I hope a new ban wave comes because I checked server log and nothing really so I am not sure what happened last night in our server but I took screenshots and banned those who teleported and spawned vehicle.

Crazy night though lol

I was doing ok in my game, the middle of nowhere just running around playing the game as you should, then suddenly there's a strange noise then i'm knocked to the ground - dead and then transported to the ocean and killed again. is this a cheat/hacker with a retarded sense of humour or is that a 'bug' in the game. seriously, this is f,,king annoying. play the game properly dude.

also hearing gun shots and being shot at and no one around. hacker?

happened to me, I think a lot of threads are going up about this.