Sign in to follow this  
CrazySerb

New graphic card!

Well after a long research i finaly know that my graphic card is problem why i cant run Dayz well, so i am about to buy a new one so i want an opinion.

Again my specs:

Phenom II X4 965 3.4Ghz

Ati HD 6790 1gb (replacing with SAPPHIRE HD7850 2GB OC 11200-01-20G )

8gb ram

So, any advice, or sugestion about SAPPHIRE HD7850 2GB OC 11200-01-20G this card, and how i will run dayz on it?

Yah man, 2 , but its will be little to much expensive, i got money just for one now,and i am really about to play this game with good fps, so that is what i am interested in, is it going to be good or?

Buy a HD6950. Great price for awesome performance! It's a 10-15% faster than HD7850, but cheaper.

If you can get your hands on a used HD6970 go for it. Still the best bang for the bucks!

• Like 1

Don't completely blame your graphics card, there are people with far higher spec who still have framerate issues running the DayZ mod.. it's an optimisation issue combined with a memory leak (so I hear) that drags the game down. There are several ways to tweak your card to maximise performance - this is a good one for ATI cards and definitely worth a try (gave me an extra 10fps).

Cpu is king in this game not graphics, i get great frames on an old 8800GTX because my cpu is an intel quad @ 3.4ghz.

• Like 1

Razorman is right your PCU is the key in this game, it doesn't run off your GPU hardly at all but your processor gets severly taxed running this game. So if your hoping for higher frame rates your gonna get a small bump but not like my 60FPS from my AMD 8150 running at 4.6Ghz.

• Like 1

I wont agree with the statement that CPU is the key. When I ordered my new PC I've got Phenom X3 @ 2.4GHz and 9800GTX. First I got my new GTX670OC and installed it in my old PC. It boosted my FPS to 60+. I've played with that setup for about a week before all other parts got delivered.

Then when I assembled all the new parts I thought to myself why did I spend $1300 on new PC when I could run just fine with only new GPU.

Edited by void_false

Agreed you get a small fps jump as on another rig i just upgraded from a 285gtx to a 670gtx, saw about 8fps increase on a quad intel @ 3.4ghz.

However i also just installed an i7 @ 3.6ghz running same GTX285 & fps increase was 15.

CPU is king ladies, suck it up.