Sign in to follow this  
nexuzkid

Searching for a server, which my friend cannot see

Hello guys.

I've recently bought Arma II and the OA, which I've played for about a week now. A few of my friends has also bought the game, and we decided to play on the same server.

There's just one problem... He can't see the same servers as I can. If I tell him to filter after a server with the ID: DE 872, then he can't see it.

Is there a specific reason to this?

Regards,

nexuzkid

ARMA 2 by default has the "max ping" set to 100 in the game server filter options so it might be worth checking that box is blank for him.

I remember when I first started and me and a USA friend couldn't see each others servers and it took us 20 minutes to work out why, the ping filter was the problem, we both had the default max 100.

It just happens time to time, go on something like Armaswe or DayZ commander or gametracker and get the IP and Port of the server either start the game with the parameters -connect= and -port= or go into the multi-player screen and do a remote connection with the infomation.

You could also try restarting the client, I've found that sometimes works also.

EDIT: As Annie has said above also.. good point I forgot (I go too technical :( )

Edited by Dez.

I run it with six launcher (plus I'm kind of new to this game). I don't know all the commands, or where to insert these commands at.

PS: Would refreshing the client really help?

I close the six launcher browser and just re-open it, works every time me and my friends had the same problem.

I close the six launcher browser and just re-open it, works every time me and my friends had the same problem.

Yep, this always works for me and my friends as well