Sign in to follow this  
Biito

Guns hiss?

So today I was attempting to snipe with a DMR (Don't trade this out for an m24) 10 or so minutes in I hear shots fired my direction (the bullet hits the ground next to me). Now I've been playing for awhile but I still haven't heard all the sounds they make but the sound the gun that fired on my made resembled a hissing noise. Was it the SVD or some form of silienced gun with the bullet hitting right next to me? I've played the game for close to two months now and honestly have no Idea what it could be. I've also heard my fair share of hacked guns/used and it didn't sound like any of them. (It also sounded like it was semi automatic if that helps anyone).

Weird. Like he says^^^, are you sure it wasn't the bullets hissing?

An M107 has probably the most distinctive sound in DayZ. It sounds like an elephant farting after a curry. I'm guessing the OP has heard this gun after 2 months of play but maybe I'm wrong... OP?

An M107 has probably the most distinctive sound in DayZ. It sounds like an elephant farting after a curry. I'm guessing the OP has heard this gun after 2 months of play but maybe I'm wrong... OP?

In 1 month of play I have yet to have an m107 fired at me, or to fire one myself.

In fact, most sniper sounds I hear are the distant echoes from elektro, booming across the mountains.

i think it was a bullet from a long shot..or a silenced one. they missed i guess so maybe a long sniper shot you couldn't hear the bang. it was just one ore more bullets? if more i'd say silenced