Sign in to follow this  
Gatsby (DayZ)

Devil's Castle

I've heard bad things about this place.

I usually don't head that far north, but I wanted to check it out, however, many of my friends stopped me from going.

My question: Is that really such a bad place? And if it is, why? Is the loot no good? Are there a lot of dangers? (whether it be falling, or potential bandits.)

Well I recently found some mountain dew and a ghillie there, not sure about other people's experiences.

Lots of bandits and clans camp up there. It's a pre-made fortress, and so it's a nice place to set up base.

Some zeds spawn, but very few, and can easily be taken out.

Don't believe supersticious rumors, either...

I have never met anyone there before. Just be cautious and you'll be fine. Just stay away from Green mountain.

Don't believe supersticious rumors, either...

Except Green Mountain...as mentioned before; avoid that place.

A heavy populated clan server may have people with their camps / base up there, but I have yet to run into anyone.

It has a whole bunch of trees around it, so it's usually safe to scope it out before entering.

It's definitely one of the more interesting places on the map, so it's worth a look.

Edited by Mayuyu

I've been there several times, and I've never met another person there. I have found the remains of people's camps though. In one server, every single entrance was blocked off by sandbags and barbed wire except for the front door. There were 30 or so tents inside... and every one was empty. Creepy as crap.

I did get my leg broken there by a zombie once and crawled all the way to the NWAF. :D

• Like 2

I've been there several times, and I've never met another person there. I have found the remains of people's camps though. In one server, every single entrance was blocked off by sandbags and barbed wire except for the front door. There were 30 or so tents inside... and every one was empty. Creepy as crap.

Sounds like an old, old camp that many have looted from...

It's pretty much a PvP area, A huge fortified area on the high ground with plenty of hiding spots / snipers positions, more often there not you won't know you are being targeted untill you are picking your brians up off the floor.

I went there once, no problems but then again no loot either.

EDIT: I've heard of people going to extreme lengths to hold that area, such as a large clan taking shifts in a chopper circling the area with sniper / heavy fire / explosives support.... Doesn't sound like somewhere I want to revisit haha.

Edited by Axz

Devils Castle isn't no Green Mountain, but it probably gets its scary reputation from the facts that:

A. It is very very north, meaning that the players you encounter that far up will be very experienced, and most likely very well geared, and not a place to mess around at.

B. It is an optimal location for crews to establish a base camp at if they want to do raids and hunts near Starry and the NWAF.

C. It is high walled and very well fortified, making it a good spot for snipers to setup outposts at.

D. It is the only place to go up there in that large stretch wilderness, so you are likely to run into other players that are in the area.

Also It is a good spot for residential loot and basic survival supplies. I've found Ghillie there before.

Edited by cash4gold

I did get my leg broken there by a zombie once and crawled all the way to the NWAF. :D

would that have been AU27? if so that was the remains of my clans old base we have since move all our gear to a newer location

The only thing i've gotten from Devils Castle was a chopper that was being kept there by a clan. other than that its like all the other castles just a bit bigger

-Paris