Sign in to follow this  
NinthReelPro

[VIDEO] DayZ Live Action Short Film

Hey everyone, we made a movie about DayZ called Chernarus-DayZ Live Action Short Film.

We took some liberties with the source material, but tried to stay loyal to some key aspects of the game. It was filmed with no budget and with a small crew over two months (very weird schedules to work with) but we're pretty happy with what we made. If you like it, help us out by liking, favoriting and giving us feedback. Hope you guys enjoy it.

• Like 11

Before I do any critiquing I should say that I have no experience under my belt of making short films. I'll start with the acting. The acting overall with good. There were times that it really seemed like the characters were just saying a line and not really having feeling and expression behind it. At other times the acting was amazing. As far as the effects go they were some of the best I've ever seen in a short film. Especially the gun shots. The camera angles were also amazing. They really worked in the scene with what was happening. The story plot is fairly good. I especially like the ending. Overall I would say this is probably one of the best DayZ short films I've seen.

Before I do any critiquing I should say that I have no experience under my belt of making short films. I'll start with the acting. The acting overall with good. There were times that it really seemed like the characters were just saying a line and not really having feeling and expression behind it. At other times the acting was amazing. As far as the effects go they were some of the best I've ever seen in a short film. Especially the gun shots. The camera angles were also amazing. They really worked in the scene with what was happening. The story plot is fairly good. I especially like the ending. Overall I would say this is probably one of the best DayZ short films I've seen.

Thanks alot for the feedback it's great to see it from all types of people.

Since everyone's schedules were off we had a very weird filming schedule so the actors were sometimes left confused on what was going on. You can almost tell when we started filming and when we ended by the acting progression. We really appreciate that you liked it!

Hey thanks guys for watching and liking it. We're glad you liked it, so far we've had alot of support from the community. It's definitely a big change from all the negative comments we'd usually receive.

Nice, we did think of something similar actually after our little photoshoot :) But i did like this a lot, thanks!