Sarevok (DayZ)

People really gotta start hiding their tents in better spots.

Story time kids :3

Alright, I leave my camp all the way from "none of your business" on UK 500 and set out to go to Stary Sobor. When I arrive, I of course take a cautious approach, hiding in the trees and scoping out the area with binoculars. I spot 2 things, a dead animal on the hill overlooking the tents at Stary and a tent in a nearby wood. I decide to stay hidden in the trees for a good 10 minutes, hoping to see the owner of said tent. I eventually get bored, charge across to the tent, rob it as quickly as possible and get the hell out of there! Mission accomplished!

I scored and M24 with 6 clips, as well as a bunch of food, drink and supplies as a bonus.

So yes my DayZ friends, have you ever had the pleasure of robbing someone else's tent? and what did you find?

• Like 2

You better not have robbed my tent you shit!! lol, if you have ill find you!

Well last night i found 3 tents on one of the small islands in the north east, i blew one up with a satchel charge and robbed the other 2, silenced rifles, night vision, tools, food, 8 or 9 clips. was a good find indeed!

• Like 1

I know of a wonderful server of tents close to the main cities with almost every kind of weapon/item in them. It re-stocks the tents every restart too, so I usually gear up my friends with ghille suits and everything before we head north to die again :). Also they have a tent close to chopper island with every part needed to get it running, which also restocks every restart :)

My friend and I actually did some tent raiding yesterday. We played for a blessed five hours with out running into hackers on a plus 20 people server. Anyways, the server we play on is 12 hours ahead of our actual time, so at 4 am in game me and my friend are going through the northwest airfield along the tree lines making sure there are no snipers. We then find a tent with some good gear but the best being a Bizon PP-19 SD with two mags for it. Well we didn't have room in our backpacks for the gun at the time so we had to leave it.

We then proceeded north towards the end of the map to start looking for tents. We find a tractor in the middle of the woods with a lot of good gear in it. Near the tractor lying on the ground is a MK 48. We get 300 rounds for it and then proceed to go somewhere else and set up our tents. We do more raiding and end up getting an armory of about 10 weapons. We then get the brilliant idea to go back to the NW Airfield and get the gun from the tent. We successfully get the gun and ammo with out running into any players and with out aggroing any zombies.

Edited by Skat3rat
  • Like 1

Our guys intentionally leave decoy camps around to bait would be raiders so be very careful lol Also on our real camps the sandbags are bugged and tend to kill or maim players jumping them. THeres usually a fair few corpses laying around them when we check in on them.

The other day on a european server I found a tent and a body with a rifle next to it. It was near Vysota I think. I used my binoculars to search for a sniper in the forest.

I didn't see anyone so I went closer to the tent, took the AK and some food on the body. At that time I had been in the open for like 20 seconds.

Then I heard a shot and saw a bullet hit the ground like 5 meters from me. I ran back to the trees and waited to see if the player was moving. Nothing happened for a few minutes, so I went back slowly to the tent, crawling.

That time I was able to have a look inside the tent (which was empty of course) so I think the sniper had disconnected. Maybe he thought I was coming after him from behind.

Anyway, that's definitely something I will try outside Cherno when I find a decent sniper rifle. :P

Some of the "obvious" tents are probably placed by newer players - or new to that side of the map. I remember when I first started playing months ago and put some tents in places that I now know are laughbly bad spots. I remembered thinking at the time "This is a great spot! It's right between two trees. No one will ever find it!" I think my first "awesome" spot was raided in less than 24 hours. The best way to learn how best to place a tent is to spend time looking for tents. Great for learning what NOT to do. I definitely learned not keep all my eggs in one basket.

No crap there I was, running through the wilderness heading north. When low and behold I come across a tent sitting on a hill top. As I'm looking at this here tent and trying to decide if I want to approach it I says to my self, Self you will never know what's in that tent unless you have a look see. So I ran over grab NVG and a GPS out of that there tent and then ran like the devil himself was chasing me. Best gear I ever found in a tent.... Course I lost it about a week later when a server reset and my tents were swallowed by the same monster that eats my socks when I do the laundry. But that's why rule 1 for Dayz in in my book is don't get attached to your gear. Geared today, spawned tomorrow.

• Like 1

a buddy found an old pick up truck, we fixed it up and went N-E. 10 tent cities (of over 10 each), with enough coyote backpacks to equip a 100person server and various weapons of which the most valuable, the camo one, forgot it's name.

draganov gillie sniper? I found 2 of them and 12 mags, those mags are fucking rare, got killed by a grenade while sitting in a bush near the airfield 30 min later :(

first time i started playing, found 3 tents, every tool, m14 aim with 5 mags, coyote, as-50 with 4 mags, 15 cooked meat, 2 full canteens, nvgs, range finders, ghillies and camos, and a handful of other weapons as well, plus on the map there was a marker saying 'atv', i went there and there was the atv lol, probably the best start anyone could have ever had in dayz.

I once found an idiot who "hid" his tent on the hill right next to Elektro. I went over to take from it but I heard shots fired from awhile off (which I later learned was my friend getting shot up in the city) and ran away.

I don't use tents, they are ofc usefull but you only really need 1 gun + ammo, medical supplies and food / water, all of which can be carried with a decent backpack. If you carry two guns by the time you've realised you need the other and have swaped you are already dead.

And if it's storage you're after, a vehicle would prob' be a better option, just a mobile tent really.

EDIT: And yes I was one of those newbs who placed a tent right at the border in a group of trees thinking "DERP, no one will look here!"

Edited by Axz

I found a big camp of about 12 tents in near Guglovo. Ghillies, camos, NVGs, antibiotics, GPS, and weapons and ammo galore. Woot! Going there is like going to DayZ Disney World. Thanks to whoever set that up! If you could put some vehicles there I'd really appreciate it :P

• Like 1

I've had similar experiences, found a tent city last night. Only 1 tent had anything in it but you can tell it's the start of a new camp. It was fairly well hidding just happened to be on the route from my camp to Stary. Scored a fn fal and as50. found another camp top of sniper hill above elektro with 2 as50's and 10 satchel charges. looted the as50's made 2nd trip for the charges then blew up the tent with 1 chage. Good times!

My little tent city(town/village) is just outside Cherno and STILL hasnt been raided, great when you respawn nearby, loot cherno, drop off new loot at tent, pick up gun, head north...lovely. I actually lost it, and decided it had been 'ka-boomed', but founfd it again when in the area a few days later. I think because it is so obvious people dont bother really looking around...

NE side of Vysoto, not on the hill, but amongst some trees behind it. Too bloody obvious....

Story time kids :3

Alright, I leave my camp all the way from "none of your business" on UK 500 and set out to go to Stary Sobor. When I arrive, I of course take a cautious approach, hiding in the trees and scoping out the area with binoculars. I spot 2 things, a dead animal on the hill overlooking the tents at Stary and a tent in a nearby wood. I decide to stay hidden in the trees for a good 10 minutes, hoping to see the owner of said tent. I eventually get bored, charge across to the tent, rob it as quickly as possible and get the hell out of there! Mission accomplished!

I scored and M24 with 6 clips, as well as a bunch of food, drink and supplies as a bonus.

So yes my DayZ friends, have you ever had the pleasure of robbing someone else's tent? and what did you find?

i robbed a place with 20 tents - 50 guillie suits, 30 satchel charges, as50s, m107s, l85s, svd camo, tonns of eat and drinks.......i blown up it with 20 satchel charges....

What did you say? You found a tent with m24? LOL

Edited by EduardBezer

No one has ever found my tents. I keep them close to the coast so there is no epic Forrest Gump run to get back to them to gear up again.

A couple days ago my friend and I were running around up north west and we were running from the NWAF to Kamenka, when we were running through a random forest and we found 5 tents and a URAL packed with stuff. We were on a server that we have tents set up on already so we immediately took whatever we could stocked the URAL up completely and geared ourselves up and we were on our way with the URAL back to our campsite :D.

I robbed a ghillie suit from a tent near Cherno. It didn't have anything else.

I've literally found everything in the game other than an RPG and radio in tents. Found so many hacked guns, I lost count. MK12, AS50 TWS, numerous SD weapons, etc.