Sign in to follow this  
Geoffrey (DayZ)

Just Curious on which gun I should have taken

Hey, I was at a crash site last night and I had a bit of a dilemma.

I was walking to the crash site with a M4A3 CCO in hand and an FN FAL AN/PVS-4 in my backpack. and I found an M16A2 M203, only with a flare and a couple of used makes to come with it.....obviously My M4 and the M16 take stanag mags, I was just highlighting that I had something for M203 at that point.

Which one should I have done? Keep my M4 or take the M16? I've already made my choice, just curious to see other peoples opinions

Cheers

Edited by Geoffrey

M4A3 would be my pick, same damage as the M16 but it has the red dot sight, full auto and the foregrip for reduced recoil.

I've had an M4 holo with HE rounds for the M203 and I've never had a use for them

• Like 3

M4A3 CCO is a keeper of course.

M16 M203 has horrible iron sights.

yeah n the m4 cco also comes with a flashlight attachment for those scary nights in chernarus

I would have definitely gone with the M4A3 CCO. Let's hope that was your choice :S

FN FAL - NV and Thermal scope is ace. But highly dependent on ammunition at crash site, even if it only had one no mag, I'd probably still take the FAL and search for more crashed helis at other locations for ammo.

Personal preference really.

Edited by Banicks

FN FAL - NV and Thermal scope is ace. But highly dependent on ammunition at crash site, even if it only had one no mag, I'd probably still take the FAL and search for more crashed helis at other locations for ammo.

Personal preference really.

Yeah, the an/pvs-4 is only a night scope. There is no thermal, and you cannot turn off the nv. Therefore, it is near-useless at day.

• Like 1

I would have definitely gone with the M4A3 CCO. Let's hope that was your choice :S

That was indeed my choice! haha, I picked up the M16 and remember how horrible the sight was because of the M203 sight behind it.

Another note I left out. There was also an M14 on the ground at that crash site too, but there weren't any mags for it, so I just left it, my luck with finding sniper rounds is not very high....the only rounds I do find are for the M24...

In that instance I would have dropped the FN-FAL, kept the M4A3, and grabbed the M14.

DMR mags are all over the place.

If you find 4 M24 mags, they can be combined for a DMR mag.

In that instance I would have dropped the FN-FAL, kept the M4A3, and grabbed the M14.

DMR mags are all over the place.

If you find 4 M24 mags, they can be combined for a DMR mag.

Holy crap :o fair enough.......thats a lot of inventory space though. Cheers for the tip!

I stole somebodies truck it had ghillie suits and camo up the ass, and an mk 12 SPR <3 and since the server crashed after i tented them it duped so I have 12 mags for the guns along with several mp5's and lots of food

Another note I left out. There was also an M14 on the ground at that crash site too, but there weren't any mags for it, so I just left it, my luck with finding sniper rounds is not very high....the only rounds I do find are for the M24...

it uses DMR rounds and they're pretty easy to find. I remember I found a m14 with DMR mags and left it behind like "stupid gun doesn't even have the right ammo" :facepalm: I also got rid of an m24 because I though the ammo was too hard to find :facepalm: (the DMR, m24, and m14 all use the same ammo)

as far as the m16, I only really like the one with an acog

I stole somebodies truck it had ghillie suits and camo up the ass, and an mk 12 SPR <3 and since the server crashed after i tented them it duped so I have 12 mags for the guns along with several mp5's and lots of food

Not sure if troll or fuckwit

If you have a tent or truck or something and can have a gun stashed for special occasions, I say get an M203 and some flares. They're just fun to put up in the night sky. I wish they'd cause zombies to stop and stare upward so they'd be momentarily blind and deaf, but it's enough just to enjoy the light show.

And yeah, the M14 is a boss gun. If it weren't for the Mk. 48 mod 0 beating it in every category (except style, obviously), I'd never use anything else. Up close, far off, the M14 solves problems.

I want to find a crashed CH47 Chinook and rip the mini guns off the side and the .50cal off the loading door :)