Sign in to follow this  
Exenima

Cigarettes

A downside to smoking would be that the burning cig can be seen out to a few hundred meters during night.

Because a cigarette is as big as a fucking bonfire in your face?

--

DBM

Because a cigarette is as big as a fucking bonfire in your face?

--

DBM

You would be suprised how visible smoking at night makes you, it was well known that Snipers back in world war one would wait for the flash of a match lighting a cigarette in the opposite trench and fire as soon as they saw it.

Edited by luke688

Yeah, no real advantage to smoking. And don't try to tell me than these survivors are smokers. They've got cardio for days and days.

I like smoking as a character trait and as a visual effect, but it's not needed here. The smoke in ArmA2 isn't the best anyway.

If anything, I'd like to see a cigarette as an emote. Anyone play Soldat? It's action packed with Predator references, for some reason, and the emotes including lighting a cigar and chewing tobacco. It's fun to get back to base with the flag, type out some recommendations for the next run, and see one of the guys on your team flick open his Zippo and light up before he heads out to cover an approach.

On the topic of emotes, I think character animations should be legion in standalone. I don't want my guy to hunker down and make a slurping sound when he eats a tin of beans. I want to see a whole long animation for that happening. Walk around with that Pepsi. Crack that Chemlight, strike that flare, gut that boar.