Sign in to follow this  
LeYuno (DayZ)

killing bandits should earn you their negative humanity reversed

Your not really doing a Hard decission people would start to Hunt Bandits for increased Humanity I confess i hunt hem myself but only for the fun not to be a better Hero. - you can´t get the feeling it would be in real ife in a Computer Game that has more then the 1 Life.

bandits kill players for loot, heros shoot bandits for positive humanity. The circle is complete. Right now, the game is too lopsided towards bandits. Give players an incentive to play something different, and they will be torn between the two options. It reflects real human emotion and morality.

It would end in Good vs Evil no Neutral anymore. And if you think about it Hero´s would kill Bandits for there loot not Humanity .

Who would be Good and who Evil

1: Bandits kill Heroes for loot.

2: Heroes kill Bandits for loot.

Lets name it another way:

1: Player kills Player for loot.

2: Player kills Player for loot.

So there wouldn´t be any difference left between heroes and bandits

Edited by Paddy0610

Killing one person to preserve the lives of many many others is an act of humanity, in my eyes. If I need to protect a group of people by shooting the guy that is trying to kill all of them, then I will.

Maybe it needs to be done but don't expect to be praised by the majority of people for killing someone. You'd be a monster in their eyes. Of course I am speaking about RL now, not a game. In a game the higher your kill count the better.

I think it depends. If they are fully aware of the danger that this person is posing to them, they would be thankful rather than view their rescuer as a monster.

You're sitting in your house playing DayZ, all of the sudden you hear a thud and loud foot steps, someone has broken into your house. However due to an alarm the cops are notified, you don't have any weapons so you decide to hide under the table behind your chair in hopes that the robber doesn't see you. However when the robber enters your room, he sees you and is shocked because he thought that you had left your house earlier. He wasn't expecting someone to be there so he didn't have a mask on. In his eyes he needs to get rid of you or you're just going to report him for breaking into your house with a weapon. As he lifts his gun to shoot you, a cop rushes into your house and shoots the robber before he can fire at you.

Is the cop a hero, a survivor, or a bandit?

I don't know about you, but the cop is a hero in my eyes, and it seems pretty damn obvious.

However more on topic, I don't think that shooting someone to protect someone is as heroic as shooting someone to steal from them is evil.

I think that killing bandits should give some humanity, but not the same ratio that bandits get negative humanity.

Edit, whoops necro...

Edited by Tehmedic101