Sign in to follow this  
PorkNBeans (DayZ)

Give Me a Reason To Kill Zeds

I want to kill Zeds. By the truckload. I'm tired of running from Zeds for no other reason than there's just no point in killing them.

I want to murdalize them. I want to funnel them into elaborate sandbag creations on the edge of town while I and my fellow survivors mow them down with M249s, M240s, Mk 48 Mod 0s, and even grenades by the dozens, hundreds, or thousands. We'll be cackling with glee as they go down in a deadly hail of bullets and shrapnel.

Sure, the noise of all this massive gunfire and explosions will attract other players. Sure, it will be a dangerous endeavor with the constant risk of being overrun by Zeds. But there will be a reward. A reward that you, the game designer, have created to be balanced and worth the risk.

A reason for me to kill.

• Like 6

-they killed your family.

-they injured you several times.

-think of it like Justin Bieber fans.

Reasons enough ? :P

• Like 7

They murdered and ate your family.

With intent.

Your family was terrorized as the fiends gave your loved ones a slow death.

Now the rotting corpses of Chernarus serve as a remainder of how you failed as the protector of your one true love.

They took happiness, wealth and love from you.

• Like 2

They murdered and ate your family.

With intent.

Your family was terrorized as the fiends gave your loved ones a slow death.

Now the rotting corpses of Chernarus serve as a remainder of how you failed as the protector of your one true love.

They took happiness, wealth and love from you.

That's deep...

i kill them just when they bother me, but i'm always glad to do it: when you run away from a succesfully looted town there is nothing better than shooting the last two fuckers that still follow you, or kill the bastards near the deerstands or crashed helis.

then now they have bear traps! wooow!!!

• Like 1

They took your BEEEEAAAAANNSS

DEEEEEYYY TEERRRKKK HIIIRRSSSS BEEEERRNSSSS!

• Like 1

DEEEEEYYY TEERRRKKK HIIIRRSSSS BEEEERRNSSSS!

DERRR BEEEEAARRRNNNNSSS

DayZ isn't a L4D where you have to kill all Zombies do get to the next Step.

DayZ is something new, something other, you can do what you want. Its Sandbox, make you as a Target to Clear Cherno from Zeds and DO IT and dont Ask for some Shitty Ribbons or Other shit.

I don't Say you did asked for them but i think you thougth it.

Just do it if you want!

If it's fun, it is worth otherwise no.

• Like 3

They are infected and still alive for all they look dead, you need to end their misery!

Besides that there's a cool little zombie land style score tally on the info screen keeping track of all the infected you wipe out!

DayZ isn't a L4D where you have to kill all Zombies do get to the next Step.

DayZ is something new, something other, you can do what you want. Its Sandbox, make you as a Target to Clear Cherno from Zeds and DO IT and dont Ask for some Shitty Ribbons or Other shit.

I don't Say you did asked for them but i think you thougth it.

Just do it if you want!

If it's fun, it is worth otherwise no.

I see your point about the sandbox but DayZ is full of rewards for other activities. Whether it's killing other players for their gear, healing others for the hero skin and the advantages that come with it, finding and fixing up vehicles to get around better, hunting animals for better food, etc., they all have incentives.

Killing infected on the other hand usually serves no practical purpose and is something to be avoided, which is exactly the opposite of what it should be, imho.

Killing infected moves you up on the score list, earning you unfathomable bragging rights on every server if you have enough kills to be near the top.

Killing people does NOT, unless you target those above you.

Your very numbers may scare people from going to barracks.

Killing infected on the other hand usually serves no practical purpose and is something to be avoided, which is exactly the opposite of what it should be, imho.

No, that's exactly what it should be like. It's a survival game not a mindless shooter. You're not meant to whipe out the entire Zombie population, if you could do that why'd it come to the apocalypse in the first place? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Edited by James Ashwood
  • Like 2

Yeah, I want being detected by zombies to be a harrowing and desperate experience. Being able to gun them down by the crowd-load would just make the game...... is 'generic' the word?

• Like 3

Again!

It's not L4D it's DayZ, the Gameplay was never meant to go and kill all Zed's.

If you want to do it, go and do it. But it's about surviving and having a lot of Fun, so if Surviving is not a Chellenge anymore (like for the most of Skilled Player they kill PPL to have a Chellenge) try some Sandbox things out. Use your Fantasy and make you a Target.

If you are afraid to get killed by Player then go an a low pop Server and Clear Cherno, if that is not Fun go on a hi pop Server and try to get all the hachetman's to help you killing the Zed's.

Still, it's not a Fokus of gameplay so Rocket haves no need to make you killing Zed's you only need to defend you and your buddy's from them. But it's still Sandbox and you CAN do it if you want.

I think /Thread

Edited by Lappihuan

Yeah, I want being detected by zombies to be a harrowing and desperate experience. Being able to gun them down by the crowd-load would just make the game...... is 'generic' the word?

Couldnt have said it better. It would make YOU feel in control. In dayz, you are not. It is the world/environment/players all against YOU. The odds are against you. Not the other way around.

I'd like to point out that there is a functional reason to kill zombies.

They have beans on them sometimes. Shit'll save your life, bro.

• Like 1

I have killed them out of desperation before. I had just respawned and was quickly starving (had water, but no food). So I took my winnie and started shooting up a small town in the hopes I would find some beans... All I got was some nasty sardines though

What I would do once I'd sorted out the pathing, animation quirkiness, and ability to hit through walls is make some that can run faster than we can. Then we'd have a reason to shoot them.

I predict the QQ is going to be legendary when they make it so they will run indoors again as well.

Think of this in the realest sense possible. In the apocalypse or in real life in general, killing 30 people (In northern Russia) could account for looting the following

maybe 300USD, a couple of switchblades, and keys to homes that contain food, maybe.

while the keys point is doable/cumbersome game play wise, the point of killing infected is because the pose a risk to you, nothing other than that.

The only reason should be defence. One zombie spawning is fixed you will be able to clear entire towns if you got a strong group. But currently you can't do that since zombie spawning sucks. Zombies should not re spawn in the town you are in.

Suggestions for standalone:

1) loot alteration: cops MAY have a pistol, soldiers may have rifle parts.

2) danger! Kill them or they kill you.

3) Title/award/achievement system - like "kill 500/1000/100500 zeds in one lifetime"

4) being able to completely clear the area from zeds for a time.

No no, a reason to kill zeds is good. Make then drop something besides beans and empty cans!