Rl-Warrior

Survivor Camp

I think a survivor camp would be awesome,maybe even have it with a safezone like life missions where people can't kill each other in it and have some sort of trade menu to easily trade between players.But any camp at all would be cool and would make people play as a team more rather than solo hitman style.

• Like 1

Survivor Camp, ie "Safe zone" would be very lame.

Just camp outside of it, anyone that steps a foot out, kill and take their things?

There are so many negatives to this suggestion. Nowhere should be safe.

Survivor Camp' date=' ie "Safe zone" would be very lame.

Just camp outside of it, anyone that steps a foot out, kill and take their things?

There are so many negatives to this suggestion. Nowhere should be safe.

[/quote']

How about a camp or area you can set up for trading where you can still kill each other but any pking in the area marks you? Either makes you easier to track or shows your a murderer.

I think it would be better that you can trade with anyone at anywhere you want.

Maybe a trade interface. But a safe zone or market takes away the survival. Players can easily make their own safe zones and defend it from other players.

No, we don't need safe zones, it's a zombie apocalypse. You want a survivor camp, find some people and start your own somewhere.

No' date=' we don't need safe zones, it's a zombie apocalypse. You want a survivor camp, find some people and start your own somewhere.

[/quote']

You cannot make camps atm.

Tents are basic and rather useless.

How about a Quarantine zone? Something akin to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. where you could recruit people, trade, re-arm re-supply, get/sell food water gear sell locations of items etc.

How about a Quarantine zone? Something akin to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. where you could recruit people' date=' trade, re-arm re-supply, get/sell food water gear sell locations of items etc.

[/quote']

I vote against an forced upon safe zone.

This game needs a base building system that is account tied and everything is fine. Then you have a base with your group.

People would just camp it, until you come out. Its pointless just wait I reckon that over time you will develop friendships with people and learn to trust them to do honest trading with you.

People would just camp it' date=' until you come out. Its pointless just wait I reckon that over time you will develop friendships with people and learn to trust them to do honest trading with you.

[/quote']

People are now camping the popular places like the two cities in the south, the southern airport, the castle and the airport.

So whats the difference?

Dont think there should be a safezone, but i do think there should be a build / craft system to create your own barricades or structures for survivors to setup thier own base camp anywhere in the wilderness.

example:

Gather wood, or bits of rubble from garbage piles everywhere, need to find nails, hammers, gaffa tape etc, use a drag / place system similar to ace to place objects / barricades.

a craft system where you can attached a flashlight to a pistol with tape, of course because the flashlight is bigger than the pistol your aim would not be so accurate

Find small generators and drag them a car (too heavy to put in backpack) to load into so you can take it to your base camp to power spot lights which also needs to found and dragged into a car

just a few possibilities that can be implemented with tried and true methods from PR & ACE

^ It may be a server sync issue

EDIT: What happened to the post I was replying to :S

How about a Quarantine zone? Something akin to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. where you could recruit people' date=' trade, re-arm re-supply, get/sell food water gear sell locations of items etc.

[/quote']

I vote against an forced upon safe zone.

This game needs a base building system that is account tied and everything is fine. Then you have a base with your group.

Building a small outpost with some friends would be cool. Would also draw attention to yourself from other survivors in the area. Make for some interesting confrontations.

I think players should strive to create their own "Safe Zones" and law.

Once the bandit system comes around we might see some of the "good" guys enforcing laws.

I want a sexy Tina Turner and beastly Master-Blaster clone to look over a safe zone.

Who run Bartertown?

Dammit, I told you, no more embargos.

Remember where you are - this is DayZ, and death is listening, and will take the first man that screams.

I feel like camps are a great idea and I suspect many members of the community would agree, but they need to be done right. The initial concern is obviously that players will just walk in when no one is online and screw with things or loot everything.

The method I would suggest is as follows.

Base Camp, some sort of object or item that can become a static re-spawn point for survivors who are members of the camp/faction. To create one of these you would need a minimum of 10 tents within a certain area and all owners to agree to the creation of a base camp.

Once this is established the players may begin building fortifications around the basecamp, including things like sand bag walls, barbed wire (slows movement and causes players to bleed lightly when passing through), Watch Towers or Hides, common buildings for storage/storage items like ammo boxes and such.

Creation of such things would require a lot of material gathering from around the continent, including aquiring items like ammo boxes, spools of wire, large sacks of sand to fill bags etc that are difficult to move on foot (see carying at a slow walking pace) or require vehicles to move.

Additionally make it possible to make things like a gate, which can be locked if the members of the camp are able to acquire the chains/locks etc. These of course could be bypassed with very rare items like lock picks or bolt cutters (perhaps with chance to break on use).

Just some thoughts, and without a doubt no Safe Zones.

And while we are disturbed about the "group" that would be imparted to the tents were sychronizowane each server as statistics. In addition the A to be such a thing, that for example: if there are two tents and a bonfire is made ​​camp where the players are dead they can spawn a lot easier to play in the group (as in our 40 people :P ).

I like the ideas. Here is my idea for a trading post/camp

Trading Camps

They have water source and are completely self sufficient. They accept items for trade and use a fiat currency(new item). Are heavily guarded by NPCs (maybe even an APC if necessary to deter bandits). Players can come and semi-safely trade here and meet other players to form groups. There is a bilboard that has the names of all known bandits with a bounty for them. Known bandits are shot on sight by the NPCs guarding the camps. The trading camps also carry military weapons like AKs for sale and they respawn such items every so often. This will open the door to more player to player friendly engagement and coop. Also open the door to a new objective of "Bounty hunting." The trading camp would use a formula based on supply and demand to establish prices for certain items. Rare items would be expensive or whatever. Introduce a new item "bandit head" to prove that a bandit was killed. If you are concerned that bandits cannot use the fiat money to their advantage you are wrong. A bandit player who has a survivor friend can steal money from his kills and give it to his buddy to purchase things for him at a trading post. This is a huge incentive not to become a "shoot on sight player" though because it still sucks not being able to enter a trading post. If you are tired of being a bandit then you can hit the "respawn" button. The main thing I that I would like to accomplish from the trading camp is cooperation and trade among survivors and an incentive not to become a shoot on sight player. The AI NPCs would be limited to gaurd a certain area and would not venture out ever and should pose a serious risk to any number of bandits trying to assault the place. This way bandits can still do hit and runs but cant just take over a camp. Some sort of respawning for NPC guards would have to be implemented. I honestly dont think this should be too hard to accomplish and would be fun to see.

• Like 1

Bad Idea.

The second you provide haven for people then they will feel safe.

They will know there are some safe places.

It will totally defeat the purpose of the game. The inherent fear.

Well Rocket did mention he wanted to put underground locations into the game, and also further fortifications. So further down the development road, perhaps these would be used as 'safehouses' that clans can take over. 'Grimlands' (another survival game in development) has a similar system in the works, where players who belong to a group or faction can take over any town on the map and the only thing that makes it a safe spot and stops it being taken over by other players, is the players themselves. Something like that could work in the scope of Day Z.

I like the ideas. Here is my idea for a trading post/camp

Trading Camps

They have water source and are completely self sufficient. They accept items for trade and use a fiat currency(new item). Are heavily guarded by NPCs (maybe even an APC if necessary to deter bandits). Players can come and semi-safely trade here and meet other players to form groups. There is a bilboard that has the names of all known bandits with a bounty for them. Known bandits are shot on sight by the NPCs guarding the camps. The trading camps also carry military weapons like AKs for sale and they respawn such items every so often. This will open the door to more player to player friendly engagement and coop. Also open the door to a new objective of "Bounty hunting." The trading camp would use a formula based on supply and demand to establish prices for certain items. Rare items would be expensive or whatever. Introduce a new item "bandit head" to prove that a bandit was killed. If you are concerned that bandits cannot use the fiat money to their advantage you are wrong. A bandit player who has a survivor friend can steal money from his kills and give it to his buddy to purchase things for him at a trading post. This is a huge incentive not to become a "shoot on sight player" though because it still sucks not being able to enter a trading post. If you are tired of being a bandit then you can hit the "respawn" button. The main thing I that I would like to accomplish from the trading camp is cooperation and trade among survivors and an incentive not to become a shoot on sight player. The AI NPCs would be limited to gaurd a certain area and would not venture out ever and should pose a serious risk to any number of bandits trying to assault the place. This way bandits can still do hit and runs but cant just take over a camp. Some sort of respawning for NPC guards would have to be implemented. I honestly dont think this should be too hard to accomplish and would be fun to see.

I had a similar idea so searched forums and found it here. I think it would be a great thing to have a 'camp' like area but controlled by players.

I am a long time Eve Online player and I think this game can take many pointers from it since they've been updating and refining it for years. Specifically the way eve null sec soverenty works.

So here's my proposal for what its worth. So camps can be taken over by groups of players who form named groups. Here other players can come to trade if the owners of the base are friendly or neutral towards them by accessing a trade point just outside the entrance that is active even when the hosts are offline. There is no currency in the apocalypse but u exchange goods for goods, for example u could buy a hatchet for 3 cans of beans etc. the hosts decide what equipment is worth to them and set an exchange value. This means all equipment that exists in the game has to be looted at some point and consumed, creating a liquid market.

A base cannot be conquered by other groups immediately since no1 can spend all day playing DayZ (although i wish i could). Instead a rival group must use a charge on the gate to the base or similar mechanic that makes the base become 'vulnerable' in 24 hours. This will give the controlling group time to organise a defence. The fight for the base then takes place between the rival teams. This could be a capture point in the base now the gates are open for example. After an amount of time there is a winner which decides the new owner of the base, who gain all the equipment located within. The base becomes secure and the process can start again.

Not really my idea but Eve without high sec in a zombie apocalypse is a sweet idea in my book.