joikd

US 3279 Las Vegas HARDCORE!!!! (RAMdisk!!!)

US 3279 Las Vegas HARDCORE!!!!

This server is dedicated to the few, the proud, the HARDCORE!!!

I am back with an awesome new server!!!. This time there is nothing between us players and a HARDCORE!!!! DayZ experience. Gone is the multi-instanced and/or rented dedicated box from a host that is nothing but an unnecessary and frustrating layer (sometimes two!) that diminishes our DayZ experience. There is only me and the data center where this awesome server is colocated. I bought and assembled the components. I installed all of the software. I control everything. This server is 100% dedicated to US 3279 (no other instances of anything!). This server is simply HARDCORE!!!!

HARDCORE!!!! Specs:

--Intel i5 3750k @ 4.2GHz (HARCORE!!!! without OC? I mean, come on, Shelly!)

--ASRock Z77 Extreme4 (server mobos do not allow OCing)

--32 GB DDR3 1600 (100% of ArmA 2/OA & DayZ is on a RAMdisk!!!!)

--Crucial M4 128GB SSD (not really necessary since everything is on a RAMdisk, but we're talking HARDCORE!!!! here)

--Intel PRO/1000 CT (forget that on-board crap!)

--1Gbps port (let's fill it up with a 100 player server!!!)

--Windows 2008 R2 (Server 2012 is installed on another partition, but 2008 R2 rocks just fine for now!)

--Primo Ramdisk Server Edition (this is where the RAMdisk magic happens)

--FancyCache (RAMdisk for anything not DayZ--i.e. Windows stuff)

DayZ - US 3279 Las Vegas (x.x.x.x / beta xxxxx) [HARDCORE 3DP:OFF CH:OFF NP:OFF][GMT+13] hosted by joikd

maxping=300

cfgdayz.ArmA2OAProfile:

class Expert

{

class Flags

{

Armor=0;

FriendlyTag=0;

EnemyTag=0;

HUD=0;

HUDPerm=0;

HUDWp=0;

HUDWpPerm=0;

WeaponCursor=0;

AutoAim=0;

AutoGuideAT=0;

3rdPersonView=0;

ClockIndicator=0;

Map=0;

Tracers=0;

AutoSpot=0;

UltraAI=0;

DeathMessages=0;

NetStats=1;

VonID=0;

};

skillFriendly=0.94999999;

skillEnemy=0.94999999;

precisionFriendly=0.94999999;

precisionEnemy=0.94999999;

};

};

shadingQuality=7;

shadowQuality=3;

singleVoice=0;

maxSamplesPlayed=32;

activeKeys[]={};

sceneComplexity=300000;

viewDistance=1600;

terrainGrid=25;

volumeCD=6.5;

volumeFX=6.5;

volumeSpeech=6.5;

volumeVoN=6.5;

vonRecThreshold=0.029999999;

arma2.cfg:

MinBandwidth=384000000;

MaxBandwidth=1073741824;

MaxMsgSend=92;

MaxSizeGuaranteed=128;

MaxSizeNonguaranteed=64;

MinErrorToSendNear=0.029999997;

MinErrorToSend=0.0019999994;

MaxCustomFileSize=0;

Windowed=0;

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=1;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

class sockets

{

maxPacketSize=1400;

};

serverLongitude=-115;

serverLatitude=36;

serverLongitudeAuto=-115;

serverLatitudeAuto=36;

server start.bat:

start /wait /REALTIME Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe -mod=EXPANSION\beta;EXPANSION\beta\Expansion;EXPANSION;ca;@dayz;@hive -ip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xx -port=xxxx -profiles=xxxxx -config=xxxx\serverxxx.cfg -cfg=xxxxx\arma2.cfg -name=xxxx -world=Chernarus -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=1 -maxmem=2047 -noCB -noSound

Feel free to make any suggestions regarding the settings (other than going against HARDCORE!!!!). If you have any issues, comments, questions, etc., post in this thread and/or PM me. I hope you will enjoy this server as much as me!!! See you in the north!!!

Edited by joikd
  • Like 1

What is your stance on hacked in gear on your server, I found a tent with an as50 tws and some pdw sd mags, wondering if I should flatten it or just let it be?

Well, that sure didn't take long. Damn server has only been up one day.

Any items that are not legit DayZ items need to be "lost" by legit players. For your protection--don't even pick them up at all (tough if they're in a pack, I know).

lol. Totally unnecessary system specs. You'll find out soon enough that you have way more than you need, but then you can just run more servers. It's fun putting together your own system huh?

Yeah. Overkill, I know. :) But, I wanted something that would last a while since switching out components isn't really cost effective with a colo setup. Part of the reason for the RAMdrive was to increase the lifespan of the SSD.

Fun? Not really. I just want control. Using a host was definitely not fun, though. I will never do that again. The fun will begin if I go to a private hive.

Is it hardcore?

I don't even know!. I'm in the middle of switching out components and doing a re-install.

Yeah. Overkill, I know. :) But, I wanted something that would last a while since switching out components isn't really cost effective with a colo setup. Part of the reason for the RAMdrive was to increase the lifespan of the SSD.

Fun? Not really. I just want control. Using a host was definitely not fun, though. I will never do that again. The fun will begin if I go to a private hive.

Private hive will give you actual control over your server and all that. You should probably go ahead and do that.

Should just use the SSD for the server. Use the ramdisk as temporary test server before you rollout changes on other servers, or just use it as normal ram.. More stable than a ramdisk. If the system crashes right now for some silly reason, your ramdisk will fail and youll have to resort to an automated backup of the ramdisk, which is probably a few hours old at least assuming you run automated backups of the ramdisk at all - which would mean your networking to another drive because you wouldn't want to store those on the SSD.

And yeah, major over kill. You won't be able to run a 100 man server, have it full and give people instant load times. Its just not possible, the server software is much too finicky to handle it.

You'll be able to however: Run as many 25 man servers as you want, have them all full and give people instant load times.

You're going to have to figure out how to run multiple servers from 1 directory though (assuming you want to run more than 2 or 3 servers) Good luck with that mess. If you get that figured out, your hardware should easily handle TEN servers running, all full with 25 people each and still produce instant load times for players. Its just a matter of figuring out how much you want to or have the help to manage. If you use the current and best software solution for dayz servers, restarts should only be needed every 6 to 8 hours.

If you want a recommendation for software, PM me. Tip: Avoid software that uses xampp databases. Go for something that uses a master mysql database installed as a windows service.

Edited by Mrdk

Thanks for this server, my favorite by far. I get a great connection and you always update to the latest patch right away. I haven't seen any hackers so far and hopefully it stays that way.

Glad you like it, Spiff!

Worsin, my understanding is that Ultra AI does nothing for DayZ.

So hey, what happened to all the vehicles? They all disapeared and no new ones spawned it looks like. Not a complaint, just wondering.

I gave the server another restart. Did you happen to have a saved vehicle that disappeared? Let me know if it is fixed. If not, maybe some people are hoarding--have to find their camps.

Some of you may have noticed that I changed the time one hour. The time changed for me in California and I wanted to get that hour of daylight back in the afternoon in-game. Sorry to you morning players--more darkness for you.

• Like 1

Well, I decided to be reckless yesterday, and went northeast yelling at a player in a tractor to stop, and tearing up zeds with my Mk 48 instead of sneaking around. I never could catch up with the tractor, but the zed massacre was very satisfying!!! I ended up at the northeast airfield, and was sniped while I was in the tower--good shot to you. So, there goes my 129 day old character (didn't play for some of that time). I never found a friggin' tent all that time!

Anyway, any of you server regulars feel like running with a partner? It would be cool to get a group together. However you want to roll is fine by me--sneak, go loud, tactical, reckless, bandit, hero, etc. I've just have enough of the whole loner thing. I usually play in the afternoon/evenings during the week, and during the day on the weekends (all PST).

we have a pretty nice little group going. we need to get you in our vent or have some way to contact you. looks like we had another one of those complete server wipe restart things happen.

Guys, server admins have been required to update the server hive files. After doing this, this server is giving an "incorrect version of the server side..." message. I am working on resolving this ASAP. Sorry for the downtime. I'll post ASAP when it is back up.

Guys, server admins have been required to update the server hive files. After doing this, this server is giving an "incorrect version of the server side..." message. I am working on resolving this ASAP. Sorry for the downtime. I'll post ASAP when it is back up.

I been reading about admin's getting this error - don't remember the fix but it's listed here on the forums

Mine is a private hive, don't have this problem - good luck

found it ---> http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/105854-hive-connection-refused/

Edited by kb5ixd

Unfortunately, I have already gone through that thread and tried those fixes (hive .0.9.6.6, port 80, compiled pbo). Thanks for trying!

Any other suggestions?

no can't help any more than that - mine is a hosted private hive on bliss

Was UK 463 now moved to a Phoenix Az waiting on new numbers from dayzmod.com

Numbers are a pain - takes 25 days or so now - Arg

Might be fun to swap admin stories - L O L

Server is back up!!!! Had to update Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86). Sorry for the delay.

Server down, guys. Getting a Hive error, and everything has been done on my end that I could think of doing. It was working last night just fine on 1.7.4.4, but now, for some reason, it gets a "wait" error in the hive debug.

I will post as soon as it is back up.

Well, folks, I was not able to resolve the issue. Everything was working fine with the new update until that hive issue occurred. I did everything I could, but it just wouldn't connect. I'm pretty sure that the issue was not on my end, since nothing was changed--it was working just fine. Also, now that I have switched over to a private hive, everything works fine.

Sorry for your loss of gear, tents, and vehicles. My group lost a lot of stuff, too, so I know how frustrating it feels. At least with the private server, I won't have to deal with these kind of hive issues.

The new private server is running Pwnoz0r's DayZ Private Server Pack (1.7.4.4 / beta 99153). Hope to see you on there! I'll get a thread going in the Private Hive sub-forum shortly.