Sign in to follow this  
Angel Knight

Just found my first AS50

Having found and repaired a pickup truck, I was cruising across the flat grasslands of western Chernarus when I noticed a hulk of metal on the landscape that didn't belong there. After closing some distance and checking the area for snipers, I pulled up to the chopper crash and got out of the car. All the zombies spawn in, so I get back in the car and run them all over.

While looting the chopper, I find an AS50 underneath the small rotor of the chopper. I have been playing this game for months. I have found in excess of 20 chopper crashes, dozens of DMRs and FALs and all kinds of goodies. But, this is the first time I have found a 'legit' AS50.

Now, I have carried around an AS50 multiple times. They are easy to get. Look through the woods for tents, look for camp coords in the bandit forum, look for snipers over major cities and take their guns, etc. I also was in a larger clan for a short while and they provided me with an AS50 whenever I wanted one.

But this, this was different. No one scripted this in. No one hacked this in via duping or anything else. All the other AS50s that I have found were simply that. An AS50. If I am traveling with a partner, I might say something like "Hey, pull an AS50 out of the truck." If I got killed, whatever, it was just another AS50.

This time around, it is not an AS50. It is MY AS50, a distinction that hackers/cheaters/dupers will never understand. Granted, I will die eventually and my stuff will be taken from me. Until that time, I have the distinction of carrying around the most powerful weapon in the game and truly feeling a sense of accomplishment every time I pull it out of my pack.

Ye who play the game legit, I salute you.

tl;dr Finding legit weapons is more satisfying.

• Like 11

put it on a dead zed and hide the body

Learn to read turd brains... just get the **** out

Edit: note to self, dont swear at kids.

Edited by Sgt.Asshat
  • Like 1

Ironic, because I to have found my first AS50, yesterday.

I was so damn ecstatic about it.

Then I dropped it into the black hole in my backpack, because I put it in there instead of switching to the other gun.

I should really get rid of that space vortex.

Good news though! Found an M24 in a tent. First time I've ever seen that!

I found a chopper crash with 2 as50's and an m107 yesterday, each as50 had 3 mags of NATO rounds. I nearly shat my pants, afterwards I replaced all my m107 rounds for the as50 I already had with the NATO rounds. Sure it's less ammo but I'm probably just going to be using it to take down vehicles anyways seeing as how I play almost exclusively at night.

I found my first one yesterday from a tent in the woods.

Not sure if it is legit or not, but I legitimately looted that tent like a BAWS.

• Like 2

Learn to read turd brains... just get the **** out

Edit: note to self, dont swear at kids.

lol u mad?

@OP: this was both an enthralling and heartwarming tale, but i am not a "hacker/cheater/duper" and the distinction is still lost upon me. it is just another AS50. it will do exactly the same thing your other AS50's did. i think the suggestion to bury it on a zombie was spot-on if you're this attached to it already.

tJveD.jpg

Edited by twitch13

lol u mad?

@OP: this was both an enthralling and heartwarming tale, but i am not a "hacker/cheater/duper" and the distinction is still lost upon me. it is just another AS50. it will do exactly the same thing your other AS50's did. i think the suggestion to bury it on a zombie was spot-on if you're this attached to it already.

I appreciate the concern, but as I already stated, I have been playing the game for months and I understand how death works.

Ye who play the game legit, I salute you.

i found mine at a crash site aswell dude it feels great !! like you worked for something special instead of killing some douche with a hacked as-50 or duped to death one . have some beans for you're effort

Me too, Angel, and you know what I did with mine? I gave it a pal of mine who's new to dayz. I've lost sleep worrying about him and that gun, and the trouble it might bring him.

I'm currently carrying an mp5sd6, and I hate it. It's so quiet that I didn't realise I was actually firing it. Still can't hit anything with it. Spent a clip trying to kill 2 zombies but only got one. I must turn down my mouse settings. It's too smooth and fast. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Me too, Angel, and you know what I did with mine? I gave it a pal of mine who's new to dayz. I've lost sleep worrying about him and that gun, and the trouble it might bring him.

I'm currently carrying an mp5sd6, and I hate it. It's so quiet that I didn't realise I was actually firing it. Still can't hit anything with it. Spent a clip trying to kill 2 zombies but only got one. I must turn down my mouse settings. It's too smooth and fast. :thumbsup:

My merry band of do-gooders has about 80% of the guns available in the game (We do not have M107, M24, Mk 48, M16A2 ACOG; I think we have everything else). If you don't like yours, tell me what you want and I'll have one of our guys drive over there and trade you one.

• Like 1

Very nice.

I still have yet to loot a tent, and the one time I took anything from a hacked item box, it was all the gear I had just lost to a hacker server-kill. Even that didn't feel okay, so I'm big on getting all my gear legit.

It does feel much, much better.

Thanks, Angel. I like a modern weapon with a biiiig magnifying scope so I can see the zombie I'm shooting at. I don't like anything too loud. I dropped an akm and 3 clips of ammo for this thing and I feel like I've got a 1900s weapon. The little thingy for aiming is a tiny circular whole and I can't see through it. So it's very quiet, incredibly quiet but I'm still using 8 bullets to kill a zombie, or sometimes still miss killing them.

i found mine on 2 bandits with ghillie last night who i gunned down with swift justice after they shot my brother.

Funny story actually i was hiding behing a rock saw a name on an island shot at it turns out he had a sniper rifle cos he shot my brother who was standing in the open looking around. I used this diversion to swim over and gun both of them down. Got my first ever NVG and range finger and every other nice thing imaginable bar ammo sadly. One was a as50 TVR didnt even know about it but man was it cool and short lived cos his team logged on and gunned me down

Edited by Cicero