killcamike

Trading 1 Mountain Dew for any repaired vehicle

Found a Mountain Dew a couple hours ago, decided to try and trade it. If you have any working vehicle that you are willing to trade for a Mountain Dew, please post it in the comments. Btw, I'm not kidding, this may seem like a stupid trade, but some people really want to have a Mountain Dew (hell, if I had a spare car, I'd trade it).

People think that Mountain Dew has value, but in truth it is really just a green can of coke. You'll probably never find a willing trader. Go to Novy Lug and take the motorcycle.

• Like 5

It would take me an hour or so to get up there, I'm currently near Cherno. I would be willing to trade it for even a ride up north.

Edited by yowobble

It would take me an hour or so to get up there, I'm currently near Cherno. I would be willing to trade it for even a ride up north.

Shouldn't take you more than 15 minutes as the crow flies.

• Like 3

We were going to start our great mountain dew quest not so long ago. Long story short. Shit went wack. Death came for us in stupid ways. Then two nights ago i find a dew in a fuckin industrial spawn. My partner is like..what the hell is it with you and the dew ?? She jumps off for the night and i think, fuck it, i will head to Skalisty, pitch our tent and start getting chopper parts ready. I get to the other side, night server no 3dp etc, raining, go to take a heat pack..no back no ak kob no fucking dew. Server does not have the swim with backpack enabled.

Run up the top of Skaliaty and of course there is a bunch of tents stashed around the island, find one snuck in a grove of trees all by itself away from the others. I have already grabbed a coyote, dmr, m4a1 cco plus mags, spare tent, morph, cooked meat form the others. Now check this shit. I have to go prone and crawl around the tent a bit to get the icon to come up so i can look in the tent, i am sort of half jammed in between what must be the trunks of the trees and the tent , i get the icon and select gear , my dude starts to sit up then fucking SNAP ! i fall down with an uuuuuh noise and have broken bones, i shit bricks right because i think some dude is behind me and has axed me , Nobody there, maybe a bear trap, or just a bitey tree. I morph myself and bandage, then crawl around a bit and look in the tent. Fucking can of Dew.

I take the Dew, run and hide and log.

• Like 6

Mountain Dew = Bad Luck.... nuff' said

I didn't believe this until the first can a teammate and I found was placed in a tent on a server we commonly used for awhile, and within a couple of days the tent disappeared and the next week the server was killed off (I shit you not.)

Y'know, people make all of these Mountain Dew stories, but like

I didn't believe this until the first can a teammate and I found was placed in a tent on a server we commonly used for awhile, and within a couple of days the tent disappeared and the next week the server was killed off (I shit you not.)

this chum said, it took a week. Unfortunate things happen all the time in DayZ. Automatically connecting them to some supersticious drink is ridiculous.
  • Like 1

Finds a Mountain Dew = YOLO time to go to cherno!

Dude, exactly.

YOLO isn't a reason to act like a dumbass.

It's a time to contemplate that you only have a limited time on this world, so spend it wisely.

• Like 2

this chum said, it took a week. Unfortunate things happen all the time in DayZ. Automatically connecting them to some supersticious drink is ridiculous.

You misunderstand the gravity of the power of the Dew, chum. Your error, not mine.

Edited by calthehunter

You misunderstand the gravity of the power of the Dew, chum. Your error, not mine.

And you, good sir, are ignorant of what the word "chum" means.

It's not "chump", where I'm making fun of you, it's chum.

chumplural of chum

Noun:

• A close friend.

It can also be used as a synonym of friend, comrade, pal, bud, buddy, etc.

Fuck now I'm starting to regret finding this cursed drink... Should I drink it?

Yup. But you'll die in an undefined period of time, but when you do, just blame the drink. It's so much easier rather than admitting that you suck, and Mt. Dew threads are a little more interesting to read than "ZOMFG I GOT KILLED BY SUM HAXORZZ" threads.

And you, good sir, are ignorant of what the word "chum" means.

It's not "chump", where I'm making fun of you, it's chum.

chumplural of chum

Noun:

• A close friend.

It can also be used as a synonym of friend, comrade, pal, bud, buddy, etc.

No, I understood what you meant and was well aware of it's definition. You misunderstand the power of the Dew, friend.

@yowobble: Non-believers everywhere! You could always save it and sneak up to the unsuspecting and plant the curse on them.

Edited by calthehunter

Yup. But you'll die in an undefined period of time, but when you do, just blame the drink. It's so much easier rather than admitting that you suck, and Mt. Dew threads are a little more interesting to read than "ZOMFG I GOT KILLED BY SUM HAXORZZ" threads.

Well, we we all die in an undefined period of time, but at least I will have something to blame besides my skill at this game.

Someone who knows what he is on about.

Got dew, slid into the quarry , died Mate stacked his bike and died. Partner got lost and died within sight of a shop. ( full power of the curse)

Got dew , lost bag and all items in water (clouded my thoughts, partial power of the curse)

Only one other time we had the Dew and shit went wrong straight after i grabbed it. (memory of events clouded by the power of the curse)

Believe what you will, the Dew is fucked.

I have a can on me now. Four cans in four months, i await the next insane chain of events.

• Like 1

Of course you will die. When you have the Dew your odds just go way the fuck down is all. Even hackers understand the power of the Dew. You will one day to my chummy chum chum. Unless of course you have somehow befriended the Dew ? You haven't been getting close and personal with the Zeds now have you..hmmmm?

• Like 3

Does anybody have a spare sense of humour for welch?

I'll give you a can of dew.