Sign in to follow this  
merrfack

Skins.... legit? or get you banned?

I was curious, because I have seen skins discussed by people before and I've seen them online. I assume it requires scripting? Will BI see this as "Hacking" and ban for the issue? Just a curious dayz'r who gets tired of the same skin

No, skins do not require scripting. It involves putting an image file into your Arma 2 profile folder. Some servers auto-kick if you have a custom face file.

• Like 1

The skins like rockets outfit or the actual face of your player?

You can use the custom skins(faces), its not cheating. Most servers have the file size required to use them set to 0 which means you will not be able to join the server as long as it is set.

• Like 1

some servers will kick/ban you for it. and most people will assume you're hacking if they see you

• Like 1

some servers will kick/ban you for it. and most people will assume you're hacking if they see you

Very true, My camo has been doing me nicely. Just going to stick with it... I don't want to take any chances

I have a custom face. Made it myself, there's nothing wrong with it, just a hassle to find servers that allow them.

It's discomforting seeing a Hero skin with a scary ass clown face.

Sub question here; how does a server admin on a managed server go about changing this custom face option? Is it even accessible? I want a custom face or something on my server.

Sub question here; how does a server admin on a managed server go about changing this custom face option? Is it even accessible? I want a custom face or something on my server.

cfgdayz/arma2.cfg -> MaxCustomFileSize=0;

Set it to 100000.

Only pictures that are 100kb or less can be used.

• Like 1

cfgdayz/arma2.cfg -> MaxCustomFileSize=0;

Set it to 100000.

Only pictures that are 100kb or less can be used.

Thank you!

I just picked up camo clothing at Devil's Castle, and as soon as I put it on I got kicked. How can it be in the game and not allowed? What am I missing?!?