hype00

Solution to backpack reseting, on random morphing for bandits.

I work out solution to a problem with loosing backpack on random morphing. As any bandit know, when you start new life, you have bandit skin, but after some time, in a random moment, you morph into survivor and if you aqcuierd any bacpack during being in bandit skinn, your bacpack gona reset to a coyote patrol pack. Its going even further, as if you get any murder (not bandit kill) while being in survivor skin, you gona morph again into bandit. It gona be a permanent change but you will lose backpack again, if you looted any, while being a survivor. So i found that when you freshly spawn in, you have to log out and log in again. This reloging must have place before first random morph into survivor. If you do that the way i described, after reloging, your bandit skin gona be permanent. Of course there is posibility that you aqcuire enought humanity to become survivor so you gona morph, thats why its good solution only for people who have humanity so low, that they for sure not gona morph because of humanity increase. Of course remember that if you find ghilie or camo suit, before wearing it, you have to drop your backpack to the ground (best place is default loot spawn) because any skin change cause backpack reset. After puting new cloths on simply pick up your bacpack. Hope it will help some of you guys. Thats work for me at least.

You have it partially right, hype00. You're involving a bit more complexity than you need to.

The solution is just to relog whenever you acquire a new backpack type. That's it. That's the ONLY step you need to follow. No dropping backpacks, no being careful about humanity changes. Relog once for a new backpack type. Done.

The bug is that whenever your outfit changes (be it hero/normal/bandit, or putting on a ghillie/camo) the game sets your backpack type to whatever you last logged in with. Therefore as long as you make sure to relog whenever you change backpack types, you'll be fine regardless how many times your outfit changes and regardless what reason it changes.

It's that simple.

New backup type?

Relog!

Never experience the bug again :D

Edited by Venthos
  • Like 1

Nice one:) One time i lost 4 bacpacks in 10 minutes so i was working on solution. Thx for tip.