elmendatfc@hotmail.com

DAYZ TEAM NOT GIVING MY SERVER ANY VEHICLES

Ok, really? Why?

No vehicles exist in my DayZ hive server since it got a new server ID. I've asked Vilayer and they told me that it isn´t up to them, that the DayZ team is who "adds" vehicles to the server.

I want vehicles on my server, just like the rest.

The DayZ team has targeted you specifically as part of a conspiracy. I'm not sure what you've done, but you've pissed the wrong people off. Your server is the only server to not have vehicles right now. I heard rumors that urbanfox and/or Max Planck are at the heart of this conspiracy. Be aware of the lies, trust no one. They feel you would be too powerful with vehicles and aim to keep you from ever getting behind the wheel.

You've stumbled onto something great here, sir. Godspeed and good luck in your quest to take down the tyrannical vehicle denying crew that has infiltrated DayZ's staff. I swear urbanfox has to be at the heart of it! I fear that by the time you've read my reply, urbanfox will have already sent men in suits with violin cases to my door step. The vehicles, man... you must... get... the vehicles! Avenge meeeeeeeeeeee....

------- OR ---------

It could be something rational like I believe vehicles don't spawn instantly for new instance IDs (to prevent abuse). You might want to, I don't know, ask rationally instead of making an ALL CAPS post and "calling out" the DayZ team for you not having vehicles and implying they've decided to not give you vehicles? Sweet christ, dude.

• Like 9

THOSE DAYZ TEAM GUYS I AM GOING TO ACCUSE BECAUSE I CAN. CAN I STOP WRITING IN ALL CAPS? PLEASE? NO? OKAY.

Contact some of the team over in IRC.

Ok, really? Why?

No vehicles exist in my DayZ hive server since it got a new server ID. I've asked Vilayer and they told me that it isn´t up to them, that the DayZ team is who "adds" vehicles to the server.

I want vehicles on my server, just like the rest.

Actually, it was me. I got on your server the second you started it and stole every single vehicle, I then proceeded to hide them where you will never find them.. I get on every now and then just to make sure they never reset.

• Like 1

So writing in caps got my attention. Sorry wrong door, i'm outta here!

The DayZ team has targeted you specifically as part of a conspiracy. I'm not sure what you've done, but you've pissed the wrong people off. Your server is the only server to not have vehicles right now. I heard rumors that urbanfox and/or Max Planck are at the heart of this conspiracy. Be aware of the lies, trust no one. They feel you would be too powerful with vehicles and aim to keep you from ever getting behind the wheel.

You've stumbled onto something great here, sir. Godspeed and good luck in your quest to take down the tyrannical vehicle denying crew that has infiltrated DayZ's staff. I swear urbanfox has to be at the heart of it! I fear that by the time you've read my reply, urbanfox will have already sent men in suits with violin cases to my door step. The vehicles, man... you must... get... the vehicles! Avenge meeeeeeeeeeee....

------- OR ---------

It could be something rational like I believe vehicles don't spawn instantly for new instance IDs (to prevent abuse). You might want to, I don't know, ask rationally instead of making an ALL CAPS post and "calling out" the DayZ team for you not having vehicles and implying they've decided to not give you vehicles? Sweet christ, dude.

Much as I agree with the sentiment of your post in relation to the OP (and LOLED hard), I think he may speak some truth. The server I play on has had the same issue, and after contacting Vilayer, we were told that all instance ID's over 10,000 no longer have vehicles, at least for the time being, :(

Edited by Tyrtaeus

Maybe is funny for you guys.

But I'm paying a hoster for having a DayZ server (and renting it isn't exactly "cheap"...), and the DayZ Team is not giving me a server with vehicles for no reason. I don't think is fair and I'm not laughing at all.

But I'm paying a hoster for having a DayZ server (and renting it isn't exactly "cheap"...), and the DayZ Team is not giving me a server with vehicles for no reason. I don't think is fair and I'm not laughing at all.

Seriously?

1. Dayz is a kick in the balls and whining won't make it go away

2. Learn a little patience and try searching the map for vehicles not just where they should spawn

:)

Edited by DGSix

Much as I agree with the sentiment of your post in relation to the OP (and LOLED hard), I think he may speak some truth. The server I play on has had the same issue, and after contacting Vilayer, we were told that all instance ID's over 10,000 no longer have vehicles, at least for the time being, :(

My point wasn't to say he was lying or not, just that he went about trying to find answers the absolute worst way possible. He may well very have a legitimate issue, but no one consciously decided to refuse him vehicles - DayZ Team or otherwise. That's just idiotic to think that. An all caps incoherent post is just ridiculous and has no excuse.

Oh, rest assured it's hilarious to me. Most notably because I pay for and run my own server which experienced an issue where IDs over 8000, i think it was, didn't spawn any vehicles. This was many weeks ago, though. So, I had the exact same problem you did (as did others) for about a week. People cried bloody murder over it, and I laughed the whole time at how worked up they got. I am paying more than you are paying for your Value/Budget rent-a-server, and I did not care that my server wasn't "fully functional". I knew it'd be fixed, eventually. I just made sure DayZ team was aware, and that was that. I moved on and continued playing on my vehicleless server. It's still fun without vehicles, mind you.

Why wasn't I angry? It's ALPHA. I'm an ALPHA TESTER running an ALPHA ARMA2 MOD. I leased my box full well knowing it's ALPHA and it will have LOTS OF BUGS. If there aren't any bugs, I would be concerned and curious what was going on. You are not entitled to a full featured working ALPHA MOD. Did I mention it's alpha? Yeah, it's alpha. THERE WILL BE BUGS. If you can't deal with it, then you shouldn't be leasing a server. All DayZ server owners should go into leasing a server fully understanding catastrophic things could happen, like the hive going down, and that they may not have access to the mod for some period of time. They should be fine with that.

Everyone, however, seems to be racing into this with the most smug self entitled "you owe me a retail finished product RIGHT NOW because I am paying MONEY for my server to host it on. Do you hear that?! MONEY!!" It's just tiresome. That's why I responded the way I did to you. Had you posted in a calm, coherent, and respectful manner I would genuinely want to see you get those features working. Since you're acting like an absolute asshole to the DayZ team and acting self entitled (and like they are intentionally not spawning your vehicles), I honestly hope the DayZ team sits on your request for a while and puts the people with nice and coherent support requests above yours. Rest assured I have absolutely no influence on anything, so you're safe on that front :P

Edited by Venthos
  • Like 2

You have it all wrong. No one is deciding to "give" or "not give" your server vehicles. All servers SHOULD have vehicles at some point.

I *thought* brand new servers didn't get vehicles right off the bat. But, I obviously have no such insider information and I could very well be flat out wrong. The only people capable of answering your question are DayZ staff. A DayZ forum staff member has *already* directed you to go to the IRC channel and talk to the DayZ staff there.

There may be a bug, there may not be. I don't know. My only point was you made the most asshole post ever to the DayZ forum staff accusing them of intentionally refusing you vehicles.

I'd recommend following up as Legacy has already directed you to do over 6 and a half hours ago. I don't know how DayZ support works when you're not the direct instance ID holder. If you were the instance ID holder, as I am, the best route is lodging a support ticket through their support system.

But yeah, I have no idea why you don't have vehicles good sir. Contact the proper people RATIONALLY and CALMLY. I bet you'll get quicker responses and people will *want* to help you then. Try it sometime.

YOU are PAYING for hosting for a ALPHA version of the game. You need to read up on what Alpha means for game development. Let me help... it means shit wont work as expected.

In my opinion you are a idiot for paying $ for hosting a alpha game and getting mad about it.

Edited by nohrt
  • Like 1

I just sent a FRIENDLY request for someone on the DayZ team to look into getting vehicles in my new Vilayer server.

We will see how this NON-RETARDED approach works.

• Like 1