zak757

Suggestion You Will Absolutely Hate

You guys will tear this thread to pieces, but here it goes.

1. On spawn, you cannot harm or be harmed by other players for 20 minutes. This goes away after 3 lives. When new players coming from Call of Duty and Battlefield pick up this game, they will shoot players because that is why they are holding a gun. To kill as many people as possible, obviously. If the game prevents this for 30 minutes, new players will have to get a taste teamwork and have time to decide whether being a survivor is worth it or not. It will also prevent bean bandits from shooting up the coast with their NVG's and DMR's just to make "the carebear tears flow". This is not realistic or plausible in the slightest and is completely counterproductive to the "anti-game" design of DayZ. But it will turn the game into less of a deathmatch situation.

2. If you initiate the gun fight, and lose it, you cannot spawn for 3 hours. If you don't initiate a gun fight and win it, 4 random things will be saved on your next spawn. This is a completely nonsensicle way to make killing people "the easy thing" and bring some risk-reward into the mix.

There are my opinions to make DayZ less like a large scale deathmatch, and more like a survival game with a mix of survivors/robbers/cops/bandits/loonatics, as a oppose to 80% loonatics.

I don't want to be mean but i can imagine ppl's reaction to this thread XD

People trying to kill me at the beach is what makes me run into the forest, and into the game. I would have resigned before that 20 minutes, because it would have been boring.

not sure if your just Trolling for Hater's but your going to get A LOT of hate.

My Thoughts tho.

I do not agree with the 20 minutes of time you are invincible. - Why?

Well isnt it obvious ? its not something that is actually possible.

also what stops a bandit from following you until 20 minutes is up?

if he has seen you, shot at you and found out that you can't be hurt. wouldn't he just follow you until your time is up?

What your suggesting is to make the game easier. but what i think should happen is the game should be harder.

Try Spawning without a gun for a change. No ammo. Just your cans of beans and maybe a cola.

What difference would it make? it would make the start harder to survive. players would have to find Guns before they start shooting at each other. rather then them spawning in and shooting at everything.

Your Second Idea i'm more in favour of although i'm still not sure of Punishing the players for attempting to kill another player. if something were to take effect i think it should be an in game thing rather then something that happens after you die or leave.

I think the only solution for PvP "problems" (I don't consider it so) - is to introduce some non-lethal weapons. if you don't want to kill people, you can stun them or something (because we often don't want to kill but don't trust strangers either).

but it's all your decision. don't make it a rule for everyone, or else choose another game to play

The beach spawn is the best part, it's like The Hunger Games, but with 100% less hot chicks named Katniss.

suggestion: if you know what you're going to say is so retarded that everyone will hate it, do not say that thing

1339560472231.jpg

suggestion: if you know what you're going to say is so retarded that everyone will hate it, do not say that thing

Maybe instead of just jumping around in every thread and trying to make the original poster look foolish , maybe you should be quiet or come up with some constructive criticism to the suggestions.

Just a thought.

I don't jump around in every thread. I only jump around in the threads that suggest things I hate (and will do everything I can to keep out of DayZ) and threads I love.

maybe you shouldn't slop your butthurt into other threads. I advise sleeping on it: maybe you'll wake up with an attribute increase inuring your behind against owies

What's wrong with killing people?

If you want a reason to team up, create a mechanic that encourages teamwork instead of doing something that punishes pvp.

All this would do would nerf the game. Add something to it, don't make it have worse features.