Xao

Hunamity, Group Play and Mental Illness

I'd quite like to see mental illness like schizophrenia in the game. Anyone can get it just the lower the humanity and the less human interaction you have with others the more likely you are to go sideways. In game possibilities could be seeing player ghosts in shadows and hearing noises that are not really there. Would be possibly a good counter the mass amount of qq posts about banditry having no negatives. My only problem with it would be the implemtation and what would trigger it, as i said it should not be only for low humanity as a complete lack of human interaction when playing solo would also most likely cause some form of pschological damage over a prolonged period of time. Would also make people have an incentive to play with others for the sake of their characters minds, rather than be a jumpy schizo murderer. Would also like to see humanity reset upon death as you are technically a different person when you respawn and it gives people the option everytime they play to try a differnt playstyle without having "turban" kos syndrome when they spawn again.

Any comment postive or negative would be appreciated as it is something i think could work just need some parameters of causes, affects and other possibilities.

Edited by Xao
  • Like 1

tbh I like the idea, would he see some1 runing somewhere, although he is not there ?

So he tries to shoot it and then it dissapears or something ? :D

Would be funny xD

Wouldn't even have to be seeing a player just shadows moving in the corner of your vision and the noise of footstps making you jumpy on edge, constantly thinking somene is watching trying to get you.

Been suggested before and has been shot down each time. We do not punish certain playstyles. If something for the bandit was added like that you'd have to add rainbows and unicorns everywhere for heroes... so no, thank you. :huh:

Never said it was just for the bandits......Just they would be more vulnerable to it as you know, commiting mass murder, has repercussions on ones psychological state of mind.

This wouldn't be practical for many bandits like me... We would go all schizo even though we roll in a group and kill snipers who try to fuck with newspawns.

Aka it would still punish "gallant bandits".

Never said it was just for the bandits......Just they would be more vulnerable to it as you know, commiting mass murder, has repercussions on ones psychological state of mind.

I guess you have personal experience in that matter?

just....why?

and there is no good way to implement this. you say it should occur when you have low humanity, but also when you have a lack of interaction with other players. what about bandits who play as part of a 10 man squad? what about peaceful survivors who play as a lone wolf?

this is a lot like other suggestions in the same vein - there is no good reason to add unnecessary complexity for the sake of "realism." how about adding brain tumors? chance for your character to just keel over and die out of the blue, you don't even see it coming. how about headaches from squinting if it's sunny and you don't have sunglasses? makes your aim shaky and unreliable. FUN RIGHT?!

I like the idea of humanity being restarted upon a new character but that is about it. I think that the character should be who the player makes him/her. That player is himself/herself. They should be the ones feeling guilt, or feeling nothing, becoming jumpy, or staying calm. Not the character.

Edited by Skat3rat

Should've made the title less focused on humanity and more on the group play aspect, was just a suggestion to for helping tone down KoS play and promote some degree of team play. Being a lone wolf in the apololypse would have mentally damaging repacussions, yet playing a bandit in a group would actually lessen the burden on the mind as you would still have someone to unload emotions on. Wasn't meant to be a crippling condtion just occasional delusion of someone being near them.

Edited by Xao