Sign in to follow this  
Leezeebub

Why can't I equip a hatchet while carrying a gun?!

The most annoying thing in the game for me, even more so than being sniped lol.

Obviously it's because of the game mechanics where you can only have one primary weapon but do you think this will be fixed in the main game?

Same reason why you can't walk and take something out of your pocket at the same time, the engine.

Edited by SillySil

Can you reload a hatchet in real life ? How many hatchets swings can i pocket anyway.. 10000 ? FUCK ME .. CHECK OUT MY BICEPS YO !!

I dont know in rl if i would carry a hatchet in one hand and my pistol in the other anyway..i mean would you ? why the hell you need a hatchet out when you all pistola'd up ?

He may be wanting to take advantage of the stealth of the weapon. In my squad we always have one designated axe man for zed duty until we acquire sd weapons. I do think shouldering your rifle to use an axe should be doable though as all the guns we have do have slings on them why wouldn't you be able to honestly. Just because you shoulder a rifle doesn't mean by default your unholstering your pistol.

Edited by Corpselooter

I did say in OP that I know it's because of the mechanics/engine, it's still annoying though.

The reason I like the hatchet is because of the stealth. If a Zed follows me into a building, I really don't want to fire a gun and attract everything nearby to my location.. I actually died because of this yesteday.

I just dont see why I can't sling my rifle then go on a hacking spree (hacking with the axe I mean, obviously) :P

Drop your weapon, Take the axe from your tool-belt, reload, stealth kill, put back in your tool-belt and pick up your weapon.

Problem solved =)

You should be able to sling your rifle over your shoulder and equip your axe, maybe in the standalone :)

@Fully

But isn't there a chance weapons will fall through the floor when you drop them? One of my friends told me that but I haven't seen it myself.

The axe and crowbar is hacked in to game as well as melee. That's why it's so weird.

They take up the same slot. This might be for balance as well though, what's the point of shooting zeds when you can find a silent melee weapon around every corner? I know I wouldn't shoot a single zed if I could equip the hatchet along with my primary + secondary. Now you might ask me, why don't you use it then? Because if someone shoots me or I get to a bad situation, I would die.

Edited by Sutinen

Yeah the axe and crowbar are basically guns with a different animation/sound and a very short range. That's why you must hit with your cross hairs (that circle thing i mean) just like a gun even though it sometimes looks like the axe swings right into someones head, if you didnt have the circle thing on them when you click it misses.