strict_flow

So I'm 5 days into DayZ..

5 days into the game now and I thought I would share some thoughts and opinions about the game. First off I like many I bought Arma 2 solely to play the DayZ mod like many. It is definitely worth the 30 dollars on steam. (add me strict_flow) Looking for teammates.

A few things I've learned:

- A very small percentage that play are actually friendly. I am shot at on sight 95% of the time

- Towns are where all the action is

- It is difficult to get properly equipped on a populated server when you are playing alone.

- Zombies spot you incredibly easy unless you are crawling around, and even then they still spot you at times.

A few dislikes or things I would like to be changed:

- When I die, show me how i died!! Often times I don't know if it was a player or a zombie that killed me. I don't want the game to show an instant replay and give away a players position like COD but I would like to know the name, weapon and where in the body the kill shot was delivered.

- The zombie AI in this game is very good. almost too good. I don't like how zombies seem to gravitate towards players regardless of distance. I don't mind how they spawn and when they spawn. It's how the zombies move after spawning. There movement should be as random as possible. If it is maybe I'm just imagining things.

- The new patch got rid of the debug monitor? I now have no way to tell how many hit points (blood) I have left

- the whole inventory system is a nightmare for a new player. I am used to it now but I hope it is revamped COMPLETELY for the standalone game.

- I think the realism of this game is what has drawn me in. I believe its what makes it truly unique. That being said i think players should get tired from running long distances much like real life.

- I was reading somewhere on the forums that said the item inventory that is currently presented is only the tip of the ice burg. I hope this is true. I would like to see the amount of usables increased by 10x.

- It seems that there are a lot of players getting bored with the game that are months in. I am hoping the standalone game offers more things to do while still keeping the sandbox feel.

Still loving the game 5 days in and I want it to be the same feeling 5 months in. Great job so far to the developers for creating such an interesting game.

• Like 6

The debug moniter was never suppose to be in the game. You can turn it on by going to game options and switching DayZUI.

The thing when you said you wished it will you how you died and such. I posted that a long time ago. I would greatly enjoy to know how I died.

I've done well avoiding major cities most of the time. As for bandits it would be great to know who they are so we can put bounties on their heads for survivors to hunt them down!

First off I like many I bought Arma 2 solely to play the DayZ mod like many. .

You should try playing Arma 2 now that you have it anyway. Its a lot of fun and can really help you play DayZ a lot better. You willl be much more familliar with the controls, and how the weapons and gear work in game. Plus I think it makes DayZ just that much better when you have experianced Arma 2

Also try project reality arma 2. Another mod. But you'll keep playing this like many people, I started back when it was really woefull but it's came on leaps n bounds I can tell you

Just to put your mind at rest, things like the UI and inventory are being built from the ground up for the standalone along with loads more features. If you like that basic premise of the game here then you should have a lot to look forward to.

depending on how much you will obsess with the subtleties of this game you will be enjoying this game for the next 2 to 6 months as it is right now. I suggest playing with other people that you know they won't kill you on the spot or behind, try threads and so on.

A COD style kill cam would be nice.

3qc53x.jpg

Edited by Ashnik
  • Like 4

Beans just because that picture was perfectly placed.

Holy shit you from Muncie?!