Sign in to follow this  
zak757

Screen Disappearing into Taskbar

I've been dealing with this since I bought ARMA II, but I never asked it because googling it yielded no results. I assumed there was no fix, but this is getting bad and extremely annoying. The occurences are random and don't appear to occur due to any ingame event, but on average they occur every 45 minutes. It has yet to happen during a gunfight, but I bet it will.

EVGA GTX 560Ti Superclocked

Intel i5-2500k @ 3.7GHz

Corsair Vengeance 8Gb DDR3 RAM

Western Digital Caviar Black 500Gb 7200RPM

Windows 7 64-bit

This has been occuring before patch 1.7, after patch 1.7, with and without beta patches, on various servers. It doesn't matter if I launch using Steam, the game folder, or the Six Launcher. It occurs in ARMA II, so it doesn't have to do with DayZ itself, but I was able to find nothing concerning it.

Here is what happens: I will be playing the game, going about my business. The screen freezes for a couple seconds, and it appears as though my game minimizes. I can see my desktop wallpaper and icons. However, my computer doesn't appear to think I changed windows at all. I can still hear everything in the game, and all my controls work. When I press G, I can hear my inventory being opened. When I use ASWD, I can hear my character moving. The only thing effected seems to be the visuals.

I usually hit Alt + Tab to "switch" to a different window (usually the one I see) and hit right click; close on ARMA II OA. Either that, or Control + Alt + Delete, and end the process. Then I log back onto DayZ and everything is as normal until it happens again.

The hell is going on?

I am becoming sure that this game is just completely fucked up. I have had crashing problem for 4 weeks now and I have tried everything. Latest try was to clean up GPU drivers and fresh install new ones. Nothing helps. Im just posting because I am also very interested of any ideas and telling you are not alone. I am super frustrated and slowly giving up for this game.

I had this problem and the only fix I can find is to play the game in windowed mode, I've managed to play sessions of several hours in length with it happening once. Infact since I started playing in windowed mode I dont think it's happened to me at all.

@OP Are you running dual monitors?

Edit: If you're not running two monitors have you checked to see if your PC is trying to? I've seen issues very similar to this with users having a PC attempting to run two monitors when only one is connected. If you need any help on how to check this feel free to PM me or just reply here.