Sign in to follow this  
veteranheroes

CD Key in use?

Hello everyone. I have been playing DayZ for the past 5 months now and I have recently joined a server and it gave me this error! Can anyone please tell me why I am seeing this. I really want to go back to my AS50 sniping team. Thanks!

d80ceb.png

Looks like you tried to DL a hack XD. Battleye has been sending out warnings about CD keys being stolen from DL a fake hack. When downloaded it gets into you reg files, I believe, and gets a hold of your CD and then they sell it off.

downloaded anything recently have we? Dodgy lingor installer? Cheats?

(fast feckers!)

Edited by Dankine

Yea, as everyone has clearly pointed out Arma 2 has been targeted massively for CD keys (As they are in high demand for a cheap price), what hackers do is they install a code in a software (This can range from a hack, script, update and even Lingor Island with a dodgy link).

What it does is it simply takes your CD key (Steals it) and replaces it with an invlalid/banned CD-Key, you have next to no chance in retrieving your unique CD key (Could try re-installing but i doubt it will work).

Sorry to tell you bud, you've been tricked like the other thousands of people with the same problem, these hackers are getting smarter by the day, the only thing we can do is stay smart and not fall into their dirty tricks.

Hope this helped.

• Like 1

If he did actually have his key stolen, would it not have been most likely replaced with a banned key?

So does the fact it says in use not hint that they may have bought it from a hack site? And the legitimate owner has just reverted the registry value.

Have fun with that AS50 sniping team hacky mc hackerson.

how bout them beans

How "bout" you piss off you useless minge.

• Like 4

he's probably right though...

Edited by Dankine
  • Like 1

boohoo a hacker got banned let me piss and moan about it.

• Like 1

Have fun with that AS50 sniping team hacky mc hackerson.

pretty much what I was thinking

I assume most AS50's are hacked and/or duped. the gun is rare, but more importantly is how rare the ammo is (at only 5 rounds each)

• Like 1

Well it looks like he could have just tried to DL Lingor as well. I never heard of that until now. In all likely hood though it was probably a hack attempt, sadly people want to have "fun" while at the same time running the game into the ground. That's how it goes (Game gets popular--hackers come and destroy said game--People stop playing the game--hackers move on to next big game) kinda a pointless mess of backwards logic. >:( I hope he did not try to hack, but if he did, he got whats coming to him. Of course some other hacker now has the CD key... <_<

Hello everyone. I have been hacking in DayZ for the past 5 months now and I have recently hacked in a server and it gave me this justified message! Can anyone please tell me why I got my ass spanked. I really want to go back to my hacked/duped AS50 sniping team. Thanks!

fixed the original post

Edited by Machxin
  • Like 1

fixed the original post

2 tries in one thread? Your fishing doesn't seem to be paying off, friend.

I couldn't get Lingor working through DayZcommander so I decided to do a manual install, which didn't work, but I have yet to be informed my CD Key is in use. I also don't run with an as50 sniping group...especially since one or more members of an "as50 sniping group" probably get those as50's through illicit means.

because you downloaded some hacking softwares and instead got ur ass hacked by other hackers

Nope. I've read all these comments, seems like 90% of the DayZ forum's community are complete dicks. I don't hack, and I don't cheat. I've been playing for a very long time now and I've never insisted on downloading nothing. I just want someone to tell me how I can fix this and who I need to contact.

Thanks.

Nope. I've read all these comments, seems like 90% of the DayZ forum's community are complete dicks. I don't hack, and I don't cheat. I've been playing for a very long time now and I've never insisted on downloading nothing. I just want someone to tell me how I can fix this and who I need to contact.

Thanks.

but that is the (main) way you get your key stolen.

unless you bought it from a dodgy forum...

Edited by Dankine

Yea, as everyone has clearly pointed out Arma 2 has been targeted massively for CD keys (As they are in high demand for a cheap price), what hackers do is they install a code in a software (This can range from a hack, script, update and even Lingor Island with a dodgy link).

What it does is it simply takes your CD key (Steals it) and replaces it with an invlalid/banned CD-Key, you have next to no chance in retrieving your unique CD key (Could try re-installing but i doubt it will work).

Sorry to tell you bud, you've been tricked like the other thousands of people with the same problem, these hackers are getting smarter by the day, the only thing we can do is stay smart and not fall into their dirty tricks.

Hope this helped.

Wow! Finally! A useful reply. Thanks, and I was also wanting to know, how on earth does one simply just take someone's CD Key? I don't download malicious programs, and I don't download programs that I don't know. Hypothetically speaking, if I did download one of "those" programs, my Norton virus protecting program would of detected it as a virus or something. I am a bit skeptical on what is going on here. Thank you for your reply.

they can't unless you download one of those programs. which is why people are so untrusting of you saying you've not dl'd anything.

norton is a piece of shit by the way.

pretty much what I was thinking

I assume most AS50's are hacked and/or duped. the gun is rare, but more importantly is how rare the ammo is (at only 5 rounds each)

I found my first AS50 on a crashed helicopter site. It came with 2 m107 magazines. They're not hacked. AS50's are very easy to get if you find a crashed helicopter. My team is just me and 2 other friends that go to school. We like to mess around and have fun.

Wow! Finally! A useful reply. Thanks, and I was also wanting to know, how on earth does one simply just take someone's CD Key? I don't download malicious programs, and I don't download programs that I don't know. Hypothetically speaking, if I did download one of "those" programs, my Norton virus protecting program would of detected it as a virus or something. I am a bit skeptical on what is going on here. Thank you for your reply.

I doubt norton would catch it

anyway, you need to contact battleye

http://www.battleye.com/support.html

they can't unless you download one of those programs. which is why people are so untrusting of you saying you've not dl'd anything.

norton is a piece of shit by the way.

Like I said, I haven't downloaded nothing. Can't trust me? I understand. Like I said, I am really skeptical on what is going on. I heard that thousands of people are getting hacked? Well thank god I'm not the only one. Poor people. Bunch of low life god forsaken fuckers hacking innocent people. Well, what do I do now? Contact Steam Support?

I doubt norton would catch it

anyway, you need to contact battleye

http://www.battleye.com/support.html

I have not been global banned. I got that error earlier and recently I was able to join a server. I was in a different location though. The hacker took nothing from my inventory. So I am not banned.

I have not been global banned. I got that error earlier and recently I was able to join a server. I was in a different location though. The hacker took nothing from my inventory. So I am not banned.

you might want to contact them anyway

As already mentioned in the previous news post, there is currently a massive ongoing effort by certain entities to steal people's cd-keys to then sell them for a profit. Private hack forums are full of posts of these fraudsters trying to sell heaps of cd-keys for a cheap price. We are talking about hundreds of cd-keys here, so this is not a small issue at all. The game developers confirmed that this is a huge problem right now.

Their process of stealing cd-keys is quite simple: They advertise a supposedly undetected hack on sites like YouTube and the moment you download and run it (it will probably report that the hack failed to load) your cd-key is already stolen. In many cases your actual cd-key in registry is overwritten with a banned one, so you will automatically receive a global ban message on join (see below). This is done to prevent you from using your cd-key again, so the fraudsters can sell them claiming that they are valid and not in use. Note that this can be fixed (temporarily) by deleting the cd-key from the registry and reinstalling your game. While your original cd-key is not banned due to this, it might very well end up being soon when your cd-key is being used by a cheater that purchased it. This causes many players to think they were innocently banned when in fact their cd-key was stolen and used for cheating. At the very least you will often receive a "CD key in use" message when trying to connect to servers.

If you think this is false propaganda to cover up supposed false global bans I advise you to do some research on this yourself. You can easily verify this by searching for "free ***" on YouTube. You will see lots of results and almost all of them are scams. Most of them are actually quite popular and have thousands of views. When downloading them and opening the .exe file in e.g. Notepad (warning: do not actually run the .exe!), you can find cd-key related strings such as "SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 OA" (the registry location of the cd-key) inside.

In short, heed the following: DO NOT EVER RUN ANY HACKS OR OTHER SUSPICIOUS SOFTWARE! If you end up being banned due to your cd-key being stolen there is nothing we can do for you.

Edited by daze23