Rastamaus

bandits posing as medics

It had to happen, obvious really when you think about it....vulnerable players, often with valuable loot are posting requests for medical assistance, precise locations at the ready in the hope of salvation, it's a bandits dream, they just have to sit on the forums and the victims come to them lol.

Right? It's awesome.

But then again, a bandit could be posing hurt, and then kill the medic (who's probably got nice loot, too).

Maybe two bandit-posers will meet up and fight it out!

• Like 3

Right? It's awesome.

But then again, a bandit could be posing hurt, and then kill the medic (who's probably got nice loot, too).

it is a fair point and has been raised in previous threads, you have to love dayz, bringing the best and worst out in peeps the world over =)

Lol I've been meaning to try it for a while.

I might now that I have access to very good loot...

Yes, but I as a wounded player would rather PM a whitelisted medic, than posting my position right on the forums waiting for some random guys response :-)

• Like 1

Yes, but I as a wounded player would rather PM a whitelisted medic, than posting my position right on the forums waiting for some random guys response :-)

that's the key point, don't trust anyone who isn't at least white listed..... the drawback there of course is it makes it harder for a guy to become white listed in the first place, And can you really trust a white listed medic?

This is one possible scenario - white listed medic is taking buddies with him on rescue missions, he patches em up, logs off and recieves his testimonials while the squad moves in and kills the patient, of course if you log immediately following the treatment this won't happen.

Sorry it had to happen to you Guetapens - i know from dealing with you before, your a nice bloke. Shame.

• Like 2

Sorry it had to happen to you Guetapens - i know from dealing with you before, your a nice bloke. Shame.

It's all part of the game Grimm =) i actually laughed afterwards at the audacity of the guy, and believe it or not i love DayZ just that little bit more as a result of the ingenuity of giuys like that

Guess what you get when you kill a medic?

...Medical supplies! And usually that's about it. Most medics aren't lugging around AS50's and the like when they go on a rescue mission.

This stuff happens but it's usually a one time deal for the people involved. The medic/patient that kills is blacklisted and most of the time nobody helps/receives help from them.

If you do happen to be killed by a bandit in medic's clothing, some of the TMW logistics members would be willing to give you some extra gear (and they have a lot of it). Now I'm not saying go talk to them and start demanding for NVG's and coyotes, but post the story about it on the TMW forum and there will likely be someone willing to help you out.

• Like 2

Right? It's awesome.

I am sure this is bound to happen too, perhaps justice has many faces. I have seen a trusted list of medics, not to say that one can help who comes with "aid" be it a friend or foe. I would imagine if bandits begin to pose as medics experienced players will most likely start bypassing the DayZ forums for help and start going straight to the medic's private communication venues.

Edited by Dr. Shepherds

...players will most likely start bypassing the DayZ forums for help and start going straight to the medic's private communication venues.

It's already happening. TMW gets more and more requests directly on our webpage and/or TeamSpeak server.

Typically we operate with at least one bodyguard, if not a full rescue squad, to make sure patients are not a threat. When running solo, S.O.P. is to leave non-essential gear at base and head to the patient with the bare minimum equipment. For me that means a sidearm, a compass and a map... enjoy your loot.

Having said that, I've never run into a hostile or uncooperative patient, or been intercepted by bandits during a rescue mission. I still believe :)

Edited by Nurse Kobra
  • Like 1