Sign in to follow this  
Muncywolverine

Tents still aren't fucking saving.

Just had 3 different tents on 3 different servers appear empty after restarts.

Fuck this game. What am i doing wrong?

The items / tents might appear next restart..

Someone else told me it had to be a new tent, not a tent left over from 2.5. Haven't had a chance to test myself.

Are you positive the tent and items inside were saved by you?

Are you also sure that it just wasn't raided and emptied out by other players?

My buddy and I came across two tents last night and cleaned them out and resaved them to us, leaving them empty. I can see someone logging back today to their "secret" camp and finding them empty and thinking the items didn't save.

• Like 4

It has to be new tents. Tents from 2.5 will not save new Items. That is what I have been reading anyways.

I placed down tents in a 2.6 server but the tents i used were picked up during 2.5, though i did place them down in a 2.6 server i put items in them saved them and they were empty today, doubt they were raided, still think it's a bug

• Like 1

There is (and has been for many versions) an issue where a new tent will not save gear through its first server restart. That is, when you place a tent for the first time save it but don't put anything in it until after the next scheduled restart, after that the tent will work just fine.

There is (and has been for many versions) an issue where a new tent will not save gear through its first server restart. That is, when you place a tent for the first time save it but don't put anything in it until after the next scheduled restart, after that the tent will work just fine.

This seems to have been the issue. It's odd that it seemed to work instantly for a while there on 1.7.2.4 servers for me though...

Edited by Muncywolverine

This seems to have been the issue. It's odd that it seemed to work instantly for a while there on 1.7.2.4 servers for me though...

I honestly cannot remember if it happened for us on 2.4 but it was one of the first things we tested when we rolled 2.6 and it's definitely still an issue. We laid down a new camp site last night but left the tents empty waiting for the next scheduled restart. It's just par for the course.

Edited by omniomi

I bet the op put the items in the tent saved then took them back out again, now after the server refresh it's still empty

Edited by L1CKEYSPL1T

No issues here. Placed 3 new tents, stocked them with several visits over two days and a few restarts. Just checked them, everything i have put in them is still there.

Next experiment: Remove some items, save tent and see if that works as well. I primarily use tents to temporarily store my gear, then loot high value areas to get respawns geared up. The last thing i want is my randomly placed tents to keep duping gear. In the past, if there was a restart during one of these looting expeditions, i would reclaim my gear, save the tent, then pack it up. Some time later i would return to that area to find the tent set up with all my original gear in it. Im curious to see if that is still the case.

I also thought tents were working again so I put a FAL which I had raided from another tent into my tent, saved and went away. After the server restart the FAL and everything else was gone. At that time I assumed someone had raided my tent but decided to make sure because all the stuff was gone which made me suspicious. So I put again stuff in it, saved (twice), waited for the restart and it was still there.

After the next restart my tent was gone. So I guess tents are working again like they used to before 1.7.2.5.

Probably still broken, but honestly all I ever cared about was vehicles saving properly. The gear on my back is enough for me and if my tent actually saves then I am playing with house money.

Probably still broken, but honestly all I ever cared about was vehicles saving properly. The gear on my back is enough for me and if my tent actually saves then I am playing with house money.

Same.

I never put anything important to me in my tents. Ammo and food and medical. I am quite happy for these items to be 'raided' as I always leave my tents in very easy to spot areas. My tents are a service to the survivors.

• Like 1

Tents are more sort of buggered than in 1.7.2.5.... Tested with my server.

In 1.7.2.5, you could only save your tent once & the tent would restore it self back to it's former glory ( the first save) after restarts even if it was destroyed.

In 1.7.2.6, Tents don't save straight off! I lost quite a large quantity of loot :( How i got tents to work was... First Save a bandage/pistol ammo... restart server, it Should now be there & now you have a tent which after restarts will to restore to it's LAST manual save. So yeah the patch didn't fix duping :/

However i just tried saving a standag sd clip in a tent which destroyed my stuff & it survived :S so no clue :S

If you want a safe camp on my server, pm me & i can restart my server to test your camp is storing.

Edited by Woolerland

In 2 days I setup a camp of 4 tents loaded with weapons a GAZ and a 4- wheeler on atl 117. I was at my camp when server finally restarted and when I log back in 5 mins later everything is gone!

So thats where all the nooby snipers with AS50's & L85's come from :/

Seriously though, your doing more harm than good, you're killing their survivor experience.

I disagree. My style of play is slightly different. That doesn't make it wrong.

There is no need to take what you can't use from tents. There are those that are too greedy and will empty every tent they see - but that is more a measure of their character than anything else.

I am willing to take the risk of raiding in cities and airfields because I know how to do it safelyish.

I will then happily share my spoils. Not with an overpowered mob, sorry clan, but with strangers that just don't want to risk being sniped for some morphine or a watch.

I think I add to the survival element. I believe that I am adding something positive to a game where negative seems to prevail.

I also mark my loot piles on maps for those that want to use them before any server restarts.

• Like 1

Well here's a curve ball for ya, my tents left over from 1.7.2.5 actually saved.

Dafaq?

All 40 or so tents whose location in 1.7.2.5 that I noted down have since disappeared entirely.

Ha.

So thats where all the nooby snipers with AS50's & L85's come from :/

Seriously though, your doing more harm than good, you're killing their survivor experience.

Tents are already ruining the survivor experience. All he's doing is giving away free stuff.

And considering AS50's drop in random helicopter crashes, let's not pretend that rare loot is a display of survivor achievement. It's just an object whose sole purpose is to kill other players.

All 40 or so tents whose location in 1.7.2.5 that I noted down have since disappeared entirely.

Ha.

Same here. Tents on 3 different servers are now gone since this afternoon..

Good news, Restarted my server like 5x and tents and vehicles are now there!

I don't know how many times this must have been mentioned on these forums, yet people still fail to search.

If the ground is not flat and the tent collides with ANYTHING, the first restart will trigger it to reposition and adjust to the terrain which causes all contents to be wiped. From there on out, tents save just fine.