redilS

RunAsDate - possible Servertool?

I have found a nice little tool that might come in handy for all you serveradmins/-hosters.

http://xxxxxxx

I have especially those admins in mind, that are running more than one server instance and maybe want every single one to have a different day/night cycle.

EDIT:

Link be gone for good

This might muck up the server, i wouldn't advise it/

There are edits that can be made with group policies on servers to allow a different timezone per user. Run one as ARMA2_1 and one as ARMA2_2 users, apply your offsets to each user and profit.

Yeah, might. Which noone knows until having tried it.

that was the attitude of i think UK11? the guys got blacklisted because he tried making it perma day.

This resulted in corruption happening on HIVE which ruined the experience for everyone.

I'm not poo-pooing your idea, I think it's a good find, just that it may or may not get you blacklisted if it causes issues with HIVE, this is something that needs to be considered before trying.

Taking that into mind, i have to say that you are absolutely right. Getting blacklisted for fking up the time is a real dealbreaker.

As long as the time isn't being changed WHILE the server is running, it should be ok, Your also not suppose to change the day/night cycle to lengthen or shorten them either.

A lot of people have been looking for a solution to running different time zones on the same box. I'll ask rocket the next time I talk to him about the specifics of exactly what you can and can't do with time, and get back to you guys(If rocket doesn't beat me too it first) with what he says.