#BASEDGOD

CZ550 vs. DMR vs. M24 vs. M107

Where is the ammo for the M107? Only in the barracks?

You can find the ammo in hangers and ATC buildings.

By all means, compare every sniper rifle in the DayZ mod. Someone mentioned the AS50 and this gun should be included.

I'm currently outfitted with a DMR, ghillie suit and an M1911. My friend has the M107, M4A1 M203 and M1911 with a ghillie suit.

This is 900 meters

900m with SVD

900m with DMR

I think the zoom is worth it and since DMR has 2 different zoom levels you don't even lose closer range vision.

Although it's worth mentioning that most sniper kills (my own anyway) seem to happen at 300-700 meter range. I'd say out of the last 100 kills in the past week maybe 3 were longer than 800m. But that also has to do with the fact that it's seems to be rare to see able to see even to 1km in towns in DayZ. You can enter Chernarus in the editor' date=' go to Elektro or Cherno docks and see the other town's buildings from there. 4km away.

[/quote']

Oh that explains everything, your screen is really really blurry.

My screen is clear as water running at 1080p and anti-aliasing on high so I have no problems with my SVD. Killing that guy at 950m was easy as pie, I just had to shoot in the right chevron.

Why does recoil even matters if it's a one-shot-kill?

Because it's nice to be able to follow up with a shot when you eventually miss?

accuracy and zeroing.

M24 is just as accurate and has zeroing.

Because it's nice to be able to follow up with a shot when you eventually miss?

accuracy and zeroing.

M24 is just as accurate and has zeroing.

And why the hell would you miss?

Because everyone misses eventually. Less, if you play on a newbie server that tells you the exact range. People can still make sudden movements. Unless you only take sure shots. If you're forced to only take sure shots so you don't miss, that's a bad thing as well.

SVD has a built in range finder. I am kind of partial to it myself. DMR for night time easy though.

M24 is also a wonderful weapon.

Does anyone else work as a pair with another sniper? I won't even get on a server unless I have my friends playing with me. We usually work in two teams of two or three. Sniper/Overwatch is usually 1-2 players while the others are the ones searching bodies or looting buildings.

Because everyone misses eventually. Less' date=' if you play on a newbie server that tells you the exact range. People can still make sudden movements. Unless you only take sure shots. If you're forced to only take sure shots so you don't miss, that's a bad thing as well.

[/quote']

Before I even consider sniping somewhere, I first check the distances myself. Even without a range finder I can estimate the distance and test them BEFORE sniping. That's how I do it, and, well, I guess I've never missed a shot as far as I can remember. I do wait a lot for the right moment too, so sometimes I end up don't killing anyone.

I used to roll with the M107 and it was awesome. Then I found a SVD and now an AS50. The AS50 is by far the most accurate sniper rifle' date=' problem is that it's too f'ing big so it's easier to spot you, even with ghilli. So most of times I borrow my friend's SVD and try to master it (I find it the most difficult gun to shoot!)

[/quote']

One shot, one kill is not the same as "I-hit-with-every-shot", With the DMR -> Bam bam bam bam bamazang. Easy as shit to find ammo. It's better for moving targets and vehicles. DMR ammo is by far the most common ammunition found for sniper rifles.

Also,

http://dayzwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Weapon_Comparison_Table

AS50.

The same stopping power and accuracy of an M107, uses the same ammo AND it's slightly silenced, best sniper rifle in the game without a doubt.

But the DMR is better for night ops, considering you can actually use NVG's with it.

I personally like the as50. Better scope and much more accurate then the Barrett. Yes it is big but when ur shooting from 800-1000 meters away I think you'll be fine

I prefer the M107, yea it makes a lot of noise, but I just love the fact that it basicly destroy everything in its path, yesterday I shot at someones ATV while he was driving (don't want that shit vehicle for myself) and it just exploded. Maybe it's not the best of the snipers, but its the most fun to use, since you can destroy everything in DayZ with just 1 shot.

I prefer the M107' date=' yea it makes a lot of noise, but I just love the fact that it basicly destroy everything in its path, yesterday I shot at someones ATV while he was driving (don't want that shit vehicle for myself) and it just exploded. Maybe it's not the best of the snipers, but its the most fun to use, since you can destroy everything in DayZ with just 1 shot.

[/quote']

yea both the m107 and the as50 are anti-material weapons made to be able to take out vehicles. and they are absolutly devestating when used on a person

I don't use scoped rifles. I prefer Lee Enfield.

Lee enfield. Newbie gun. Dinner bell. Yea, I prefer Scoped rifles over the Enfield.

m24>>>>>>>>>>>>

or DMR + NVGs, although nigh time at the moment is shit. no one goes on dark servers

yea both the m107 and the as50 are anti-material weapons made to be able to take out vehicles. and they are absolutly devestating when used on a person

I have never actually seen/tried the as50, do you find it on crashed choppers? or is it just a rare drop like DMR?

U know I'm not really sure. I think crashed helis but the two times I found them (I have one now) I got from looting other people's camps

I just shot cows for a few hours with my lee enfield untill I was lethal up to 400 meters.

It only takes 1 shot to kill.

For snipers it's the SVD for ranging scope or M24 for me.

I found an SVD Camo one time, but I never killed someone with it, I don'T really like to kill people btw. Well, I returned in cherno, and because I don't like people and because I had and m4a1 scoped SD, I just threw it on the ground on a restaurant, with 3 mags. Whoever find it, you're so damn lucky ^^'

My like order is:

DMR> M24(if you find alot of ammo)> CZ550> M107.

Dragunov is my dream, and with 220 hours of DayZ i yet didn't find that gun =/

M107 is the worst sniper IMO, freaaking loud, almost no ammo at all. To big! hahaha =)

124D4AD70D483A3F1DE607754F5D5CD0886DB1E4