#BASEDGOD

CZ550 vs. DMR vs. M24 vs. M107

I've used both the CZ550 and the DMR to kill people. I haven't had the opportunity to shoot the M24 or the M107 but I'd like to hear input on each gun from my fellow banditos.

CZ550 seems to do a bit better with longer range shots, but suffers from the 5 round magazine and slower follow up shots.

The DMR is quick, has a 20 round magazine but doesn't have the same accuracy past 600m like the CZ550.

I use the M24 - for threading needles at 1km. Ammo is rare but it's the best scoped rifle I've used.

I highley reccomend using the M24 over the M24 and CZ50.

The M24 and the DMR fire the same calibre but I like bolt action rifles compared to semi automatic.

I wish they would fix the loading physics when it came to the M24 and other rifles, cause comes on Im not going to wack the upper side after putting a 5 round mag in.

M107 Is great! nice 50 cal round! 1 shot wonder I like to call it:angel: theres 2 advanteges it has over the other rifles is. 1 shot kill, rounds are easier to find.

Disadvantages are it makes a hell of sound and attracts zombies like a plague lol. But having said that if your a kean Sniper like myself you will be sitting far away and concealed and only take 1 shot anymore and your position is gone. Thats a general thumb rule for anyone.

Anyway, Hope this helps mate :blush:

The DMR is the ideal banditry weapon, as far as I'm concerned. Excellent accuracy up until ~500m, 20 round magazine, semi-auto, and compatible with NVGs. What more could you ask for?

I recently traded my M107 for a DMR, it takes up 2 slots, and honestly most accurately placed sniper shots should be killshots anyways. The .50 cal is more for e peen than anything. It roars like a lion and hits like a fucking tank though. Also great for killing someone on the other side of a building, since it..Y'know. Pretty much blows a hole through anything.

DMR is great due to variable zoom, M24 is my favourite sniper rifle, and I prefer bolt actions, but the DMR is just more viable, 2 shots over 1 incase of that tiny chance that it doesn't kill in the upper body region, also the ammo for DMR is EVERYWHERE, whereas I've only found a few M24 mags. Didn't use it for long regardless.

CZ550 is great for your first rifle, and it's a fantastic rifle allaround, it has it's flaws, but it's easy to find and ammo a plenty, so no complaints here. It gets outclassed at longer ranges, and doesn't hit quite as hard as the others.

I recently traded my M107 for a DMR' date=' it takes up 2 slots, and honestly most accurately placed sniper shots should be killshots anyways. The .50 cal is more for e peen than anything. It roars like a lion and hits like a fucking tank though. Also great for killing someone on the other side of a building, since it..Y'know. Pretty much blows a hole through anything.

DMR is great due to variable zoom, M24 is my favourite sniper rifle, and I prefer bolt actions, but the DMR is just more viable, 2 shots over 1 incase of that tiny chance that it doesn't kill in the upper body region, also the ammo for DMR is EVERYWHERE, whereas I've only found a few M24 mags. Didn't use it for long regardless.

CZ550 is great for your first rifle, and it's a fantastic rifle allaround, it has it's flaws, but it's easy to find and ammo a plenty, so no complaints here. It gets outclassed at longer ranges, and doesn't hit quite as hard as the others.

[/quote']

DMR has variable zoom? How?

M107 is really not all that good. Sure, it's fun to kill people in a single shot no matter where you hit, but the fact that it

a) makes a lot of noise

b) has a lot of recoil

makes it not worth it. The recoil is a huge deal: you can't immediately see if your shot hit or not and you can't immediately shoot at the same target again like with some lesser recoil rifles.

I recently traded my M107 for a DMR' date=' it takes up 2 slots, and honestly most accurately placed sniper shots should be killshots anyways. The .50 cal is more for e peen than anything. It roars like a lion and hits like a fucking tank though. Also great for killing someone on the other side of a building, since it..Y'know. Pretty much blows a hole through anything.

[/quote']

My friends and I have found 2 CZs with about 11 mags for it versus 4 DMRs with countless mags for them in the last 3 weeks.

SVD, you blend in perfect with your environment.

6b4c80f5.png

SVD' date=' you blend in perfect with your environment.

[img']http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/terrex/6b4c80f5.png

Finally someone who share my tastes. I'm using the exact same setup myself along with a M4A1 CCO SD, M9 SD and a Range Finder.

Altough I do wish I had a M24 instead. I have yet to master the reticle of the SVD.

I know the M9SD is a tad unnecessary but hey, I enjoy it.

I've had all four guns, and I would drop any of them for the m107 with a few clips of ammo. It is the best gun in the game hands down.. The zeroing is easy to use and the scope is very nice. It's incredibly loud but so are all the rest of them. My second favorite would be the DMR for the increased ammo and fire rate. The M24 was nice, but I sniped a guy with an m107 and traded up so didn't have it very long. The CZ 550 is just crap compared to the rest but if i had nothing else i'd use it.

I've had all four guns' date=' and I would drop any of them for the m107 with a few clips of ammo. It is the best gun in the game hands down.. The zeroing is easy to use and the scope is very nice. It's incredibly loud but so are all the rest of them. My second favorite would be the DMR for the increased ammo and fire rate. The M24 was nice, but I sniped a guy with an m107 and traded up so didn't have it very long. The CZ 550 is just crap compared to the rest but if i had nothing else i'd use it.

[/quote']

What makes the M107 the best gun? All the snipers kill with 1 hit if you aim right. Most of them also have a ton less recoil and more ammo per clip.

I've had all four guns' date=' and I would drop any of them for the m107 with a few clips of ammo. It is the best gun in the game hands down.. The zeroing is easy to use and the scope is very nice. It's incredibly loud but so are all the rest of them. My second favorite would be the DMR for the increased ammo and fire rate. The M24 was nice, but I sniped a guy with an m107 and traded up so didn't have it very long. The CZ 550 is just crap compared to the rest but if i had nothing else i'd use it.

[/quote']

What makes the M107 the best gun? All the snipers kill with 1 hit if you aim right. Most of them also have a ton less recoil and more ammo per clip.

accuracy and zeroing.

M107 ammo only spawns in the barracks? Correct? I have one I stole from a bandit but no ammo (inventory bug ate it all). I really cant be bothered camping / server hopping in the barracks to get ammo. I think I might dump it and use the DMR.

Why does recoil even matters if it's a one-shot-kill?

I used to roll with the M107 and it was awesome. Then I found a SVD and now an AS50. The AS50 is by far the most accurate sniper rifle, problem is that it's too f'ing big so it's easier to spot you, even with ghilli. So most of times I borrow my friend's SVD and try to master it (I find it the most difficult gun to shoot!)

AS50 is better than the m107 but that wasn't part of this discussion. The m107 is way more accurate and the zeroing is important.

I agree with you. AS50 > M107 > SVD (personal preference).

I love to zero guns and that's why I used the M107 instead of DMR (also because of range, the M107 goes up to 1200m). Like I said, I only use SVD for camouflage purposes. It's nowhere near as good as the M107 or the AS50.

http://wolverine.cameron.edu/~ac113448/ARMA2/ARMA2WeaponRangingAndCorrectionGuide.pdf

This is a good guide on how to use mil dots AND the russian sight on the SVD.

The m107 is easily the best sniper, but the dmr is much easier to find and once you get the hang of simple mildots on the dmr, its great.

To those of you that don't know about zeroing, lets say you have a target thats exactly at 900 m... You'll need to see a guide on how to judge distance without a range finder, or use a range finder. Once you can do this you just Zero your weapon from 500 m (default) to 900 m and then you have 0 bullet drop. You put the crosshairs on a 900 m target and then go collect your loot. It's accurate up to 1200 m so sound isn't really an issue if you know how to pick your spots.

I really like the swag of the SVD but the magnification really hurts the overall balance of the gun to me. It's accurate up to 1000 m, but the limited magnification means the arrows you use to target are often bigger than your target, making accuracy hard to judge.

Does anybody know how to use mildots to hit a running target? I'm having a hard time hitting consistently without waiting for them to stop or crawl.

Thanks for the guide. The AS50 is better than the M107 because of it's accuracy and range, but anyways...

It's not so hard to hit a running target. See, the bullets on Day Z travel at 800m/s, so if the target is at 800m away from you, make your own calculations and adjust your sights. Really, it's not that hard!

Also, the SVD magnification sucks, I agree. But I've just killed a guy 900m away from me and it's quite simple, you just have to get used to it... it you really want to use the SVD, make sure you have a lot of ammo, lol. (or just learn how to use it at single player)

Plusses and minuses

tl;dr at night with NVG: DMR >>>>>> rest

during day time AS50 >>> m107 (unless you care about backpack) > DMR >>> SVD/CZ/m24

CZ:

+Easiest to find, easiest to find ammo for.

-5 bullets per mag

-2 body shots to kill

DMR:

+NVG while scoped

+NVG while scoped. It's simply worth mentioning twice.

+Semi automatic

+Great magnification

+20 bullets per mag

+Second easiest to find ammo for

-2 body shots to kill

-no zeroing

M107:

The one I had took my backpack slot. I'm not sure if it was just a really old weapon or if all of them are still bugged (supposed to be changed in 1.6 or something).

+One hit kill

+The sound is fucking amazing

-Most likely takes your backpack slot

-The sound is fucking loud

AS50:

+Doesn't take backpack slot for sure

+One hit kill

+Great magnification

+Instant zoom in (different from DMR which takes a second to fully zoom while scoped)

+Sound is extremely quiet compared to M107

+Semi automatic

-Massive, can be seen through walls and other stuff unless you are careful.

SVD:

+One body shot kills (I think)

-Bad magnification

-The scope seemed weird. Distorted on the edges or something?

M24 (only one that I haven't used):

-Bolt action

-5 bullets per mag

-2 body shots to kill

Everybody mentions the DMR function of being usable with NV googles, but think for a second... Most servers at night are rarely full (~20 people). Why would you ever need a DMR? If you like to snipe, you'll have to find a server that's full of people. That means it's gonna be daytime. Not to mention that it doesn't has zeroing.

Also, I consider the SVD way better than the DMR. It's a one-shot-kill and has a built-in range finder. It's range is also higher (1000m) and the scope is just alright. I killed a guy 950m away from me and had no problems with it, could see him just fine. Honestly, if you have to zoom a lot, you're just unskilled.

This is 900 meters

900m with SVD

900m with DMR

I think the zoom is worth it and since DMR has 2 different zoom levels you don't even lose closer range vision.

Although it's worth mentioning that most sniper kills (my own anyway) seem to happen at 300-700 meter range. I'd say out of the last 100 kills in the past week maybe 3 were longer than 800m. But that also has to do with the fact that it's seems to be rare to see able to see even to 1km in towns in DayZ. You can enter Chernarus in the editor, go to Elektro or Cherno docks and see the other town's buildings from there. 4km away.