Coyote_Blue

I think I just won DayZ

Hi All,

My first post.

After many deaths and adventures I finally feel like posting.

I think I finally won DayZ.

A few days ago my son and I found a car hidden in the forest. Red UAV. Nothing in it but it had fuel and was totally serviceable. We drove around and got the fuel to max. We stored our stuff and logged out.

About 10 mins later my son asked if I had pressed save on the car as we put our surplus gear in the trunk.

"I thought you did".....

Anyway we left the car hidden as it was empty the next day and got killed going into a supermarket. It has taken us 3 days to get geared up again with a death each in between to bandits.

Today after my last death I went to see if the car was still there. It Was! Wow.

I deposited the stuff I had found which was surplus and went scrounging in balota airfield.

I found 2 dead guys in the control tower in Ghillie suits. They were fully loaded out. Short story is we now have most of the tools including a gps, a sniper rifle, an ak, a uzi, and assorted stuff. I feel like I just won DayZ.

I hope it was legit loot. BTW I got the hero skin the night befor for killing a bandit. Lols and fun.

Can't wait to tell my son about my solo success.

Be good. I'm a Friendly.

Coyote_Blue

• Like 12

How long have you guys been playing?

Its good to be friendly, I have 40000 humanity in chenarus and 2500 in lingor island (despite defending myself and killing 2 people as murders and 1 bandit kill)

If your friendly, stay friendly :)

As you go down the path in day z, more and more will temp you to just shoot on sight and not give a crap. But ive managed to play for three months without killing anyone me and my group havent percieved as hostile. If we see your name out there we will be sure to say hi

I feel exactly how you feel. I have a tent city with a group of 20 and we just sit around really..We camp electro like assholes now it's how bored we are.

Christ when i read UAZ i thought that was mine, fortunately no.

i'll be gunning for you, i want that GPS

I feel exactly how you feel. I have a tent city with a group of 20 and we just sit around really..We camp electro like assholes now it's how bored we are.

bad ass.

• Like 1

bad ass.

And you know it ;D

Want free shit? We give As50s with nato rounds to fresh spawns.

Edited by Ashnik

sp86, can't we just pretend there's some badass red UAV out there, somewhere?

Paint it red, it'll go faster.

Add it to the mission files.

Edited by sp86
  • Like 1

The car we have is red and quite slow, but it is home. I will stay friendly. I basically role play how I would act in RL if this calamity befell us.

Has anyone read : The Road? We are carrying the flame. Karma sent me the car.

I have to keep counselling my son to not go bandit as we are usually on the end of the iron sight.

Having killed a couple of bandits now over my 4 week adventure in DayZ I feel better for not taking the evil option.

I will call friendly. And heal you. I hope to recruit friends that way as a 2 man team is limited in our survivability.(Is that a word?)

Anyway there are some good guys out there still :)

Cheers

• Like 1

Pretty sure you have a GAZ. GAZ is only slow on dirt. I think it's the second or third fastest vehicle on road.

Pretty sure you have a GAZ. GAZ is only slow on dirt. I think it's the second or third fastest vehicle on road.

I stand corrected. It's red. I love it. Now where do you find a heli? My son is a great pilot in Arma2.

I stand corrected. It's red. I love it. Now where do you find a heli? My son is a great pilot in Arma2.

Peoples camps in the debug plains (95% of the time), Skalisty (5% of the time and only on fresh or 1.7.2.5 servers), Rog/Cherno/NWAF/NEAF/Skalka (Negligible).

Peoples camps in the debug plains (95% of the time), Skalisty (5% of the time and only on fresh or 1.7.2.5 servers), Rog/Cherno/NWAF/NEAF/Skalka (Negligible).

Does stuff actually save in the debug plains? How far out do they go? That would be a pain in the aaaaaaaasssssssssss trying to get back to your stuff after death.

Does stuff actually save in the debug plains? How far out do they go? That would be a pain in the aaaaaaaasssssssssss trying to get back to your stuff after death.

With choppers it's generally a group that has it, getting someone to fly down to pick you up is the opposite of a pain in the ass. Also for distance it's hard to say, depends how much the cheaters want their vehicles... Someone in my group found a pickup truck over 1km off map.

With choppers it's generally a group that has it, getting someone to fly down to pick you up is the opposite of a pain in the ass. Also for distance it's hard to say, depends how much the cheaters want their vehicles... Someone in my group found a pickup truck over 1km off map.

With Choppers I've seen camps in logs ten kilometers out. you'd never find them. Never.

Edited by sp86

Son here,

we did have a ball with our gear, I don't know if i'm just really lucky or that in the newest patch the rareness of Ghillie Suits has gone down.. I have found lots of Ghillie Suits in the last couple of days.. I died this afternoon with a hatchet stuck under a wall.. Glitches... Uhh I hate em...

Note:

Me and my Dad are recruiting people for a non bandit based gameplay. Prob better to be in AUS (like us) and connect to the server we call home. Skype or any other voice chat program would be great too.. Message us and we will get back to you.

Life of a bandit, life of boringness. Survivor became Hero.

If you guys are wanting to be Anti- bandit, we would love to have you guys in the Regulator clan.

We fight for whats right, help out people if they are willing to accept it and take out snipers and people who are just running around mowing down every new spawn that moves.

If your interested, check out our forums and youtube and see what you think.

It doesnt matter where your from, we have about 170 members from all over the globe :)

http://regulators.freeforums.org/

So go hunting for other player bases - it wil ltake a while but if you've nothing better to do....

I think people need to give themselves objectives to work towards. Scouting out player bases is a big one but there's other things to think up to do - maybe steal cars via an ambush and then just drive them into cherno and leave it there for whomever comes by.

Darn playing DayZ with your son must be super cool.

My son is just 1,5 year old so he will play PC games with me no sooner then 4-5 years and I guess at that age I should not allow him to play FPS anyway.

Oh well, he will grow up one day and we will have our father-son game session in maybe DayZ 3 or such :)

So go hunting for other player bases - it wil ltake a while but if you've nothing better to do....

I think people need to give themselves objectives to work towards. Scouting out player bases is a big one but there's other things to think up to do - maybe steal cars via an ambush and then just drive them into cherno and leave it there for whomever comes by.

I do when I'm solo, I take a pedal bike around the edge of the map on clan servers.

Does that still work on 1.7.2.6? I tried flying a heli out there and ended up getting thrown out as I crossed 000 aka the edge.

Does that still work on 1.7.2.6? I tried flying a heli out there and ended up getting thrown out as I crossed 000 aka the edge.

I don't know, I'm still on 1.7.2.4 but hopefully my home server will be updated to 1.7.2.6 soon.

As a side note, it's good that you got thrown out of your chopper, I would preferred it to have exploded than instant respawn elsewhere because of your disgusting play style. The map is 225 km2, can't you find somewhere in that space to place your vehicles?

I don't know, I'm still on 1.7.2.4 but hopefully my home server will be updated to 1.7.2.6 soon.

As a side note, it's good that you got thrown out of your chopper, I would preferred it to have exploded than instant respawn elsewhere because of your disgusting play style. The map is 225 km2, can't you find somewhere in that space to place your vehicles?

Before making assumptions, it might be good to know that I destroy pretty much every vehicle I come across and said heli was stolen and was merely being used to look around the place. If I wanted to hide a vehicle, it wouldn't be in a place that required an hour of running.