d00m

Banned From 303 Dallas - Server Admin Abuse

I was banned from 303 Dallas after killing and looting a sniper on the lighthouse outside Electro. The server is banning anyone with certain items without proof the person is cheating and needs to be disconnected from the Hive until this practice changes.

Additionally, the admin is not following the server hosting rules by reporting every ban to http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/forum/32-cheat-reporting/

The server admin is violating the following rules:

"You are not permitted to ban for suspected cheats . . . UNLESS you have solid evidence, IE logs." Players without cheats may loot bodies and obtain spawned items, sometimes unknowingly.

"All kick or ban actions must be reported in the forums under section http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/forum/32-cheat-reporting/"

If you had an illegal gun then, yeah it's ground for a ban. Hell, I ban for soldier and rocket skins too...The main reason is because hackers will generally use these skins while normal players will not, and I don't have time to investigate this garbage if you only use local scripts.

Edited by icomrade

If you had an illegal gun then, yeah it's ground for a ban. Hell, I ban for soldier and rocket skins too...The main reason is because hackers will generally use these skins while normal players will not, and I don't have time to investigate this garbage if you only use local scripts.

You are wrong; you are not permitted to ban for suspected cheats unless you have solid evidence. Your evidence of suspected behavior patterns of hackers is poor and will result in legitimate players being banned.

Someone knowingly using a hacked weapon can be considered cheating by the server rules. How can someone think using a .50 cal. AS-50 TWS that can snipe people over a mile away is NOT an unfair advantage? Please, explain that to me!

Before you now try to weasel out by saying "But you can't ban people for using hacked stuff because they didn't hack them in themselfs! Even rocket said that!". That's not what rocket answered to. The original question regarded a DayZ (global) ban and rocket said that he won't ban for using hacked stuff, but closely monitor those accounts for hacking activities in the hive. So yes, you won't get globally banned in DayZ for using hacked equipment, BUT:

11. As a server admin you must not:

You are not permitted to ban players for killing yourself or clan members.

You are not permitted to shutdown your server when your killed.

You are not permitted to shutdown your server when you lose a vehicle.

You are not permitted to kick or ban for smacktalk.

You are not permitted to ban for suspected cheats or exploits of a non-server-disruptive nature, including but not limited to ghosting, unverified cheating, duping and similar, UNLESS you have solid evidence, IE logs.

As long as the server rules have this paragraph, server admins might indeed ban you for using hacked weapons, even though you did not hack them in yourself! If I find someone in the logs using such stuff, he will get a "warning-ban" so he knows what he did wrong. On our server we have a message of the day (MOTD) informing players about hacked weapons etc. and also a link to our forum where they can check a huge list of legit items in DayZ. If someone is catched using an illegal weapon they will be banned for 48 h. If he does it again he'll be banned for 7 days. If he keeps using hacked stuff the 3rd violation will be a perma ban on our server. That way every legit player on the server can enjoy the game.

Don't use hacked/cheated weapons that give unfair advanatges (in other communites/games, this is called CHEATING) and then come to the forum and complain about rules being broken. If you can't play fair yourself, don't complain about others.

Edited by System98

As an admin, i personally ban every single people using hacked stuff on my server, i dont give a fuck if they are cheating or not, don't want to be banned? Use legit stuff. And stop crying if you dont.

Someone knowingly using a hacked weapon can be considered cheating by the server rules. How can someone think using a .50 cal. AS-50 TWS that can snipe people over a mile away is NOT an unfair advantage? Please, explain that to me!

When I have an AK and you have a hatchet, I have an unfair advantage. When someone else a mile away has an M107 and I have an AK, that someone else has an unfair advantage. Fortunately, you cannot ban for unfair advantages; you can ban for cheating. Rocket has set the bar very high for server admins and he requires solid evidence of cheating so that legitimate players are not banned.

When I have an AK and you have a hatchet, I have an unfair advantage. When someone else a mile away has an M107 and I have an AK, that someone else has an unfair advantage. Fortunately, you cannot ban for unfair advantages; you can ban for cheating. Rocket has set the bar very high for server admins and he requires solid evidence of cheating so that legitimate players are not banned.

Mate, you having an AS50 TWS and someone else having a regular AS50 is an unfair advantage on your part. Especially if it's night time or there is fog involved. Might as well use some player tracking cheat, it's the same. The TWS was removed from the game for a reason and it should stay that way. Those 2 examples you gave are part of the game, so i don't see what's unfair about those. I like to believe that no player here has an issue being killed with a weapon that's in the game. On the other hand, killing players with a weapon that was removed from the database is pretty much cheating.

Edited by razyel_kain
  • Like 1

You are wrong; you are not permitted to ban for suspected cheats unless you have solid evidence. Your evidence of suspected behavior patterns of hackers is poor and will result in legitimate players being banned.

That is not true.

Go ahead, try it. Keep server hopping with those hacked guns and watch how often you get banned. Stop trying to hide behind the "rules" when you yourself are breaking them

So we're clear, no server has ever been blacklisted for this nor will they be. Ever.

Although I bet the Day-z team loooves when you say shit like "They MUST be disconnected from the hive". I'm sure they'll get right on that for you.