cbarnes1

My friend and I were banned from US 3040 wrongfully

My friend Stephen and I were playing on US 3040 when we ran into the admin and his clan in a heli. After being circled and shot at repeatedly for what seemed like 10 minutes my friend got a lucky shot with his as50 and took the heli down. We were ecstatic at the dumb luck he had and quickly moved on after looting their bodies. Not two hours later we run into the same clan driving a bus up the coast. They quickly took the opportunity to ram the bus into our ural and try to kill us with no prior aggravation. Since they were only armed with lee entfields and crossbows dispatching them was rather easy.

About 30 minutes after the last showdown happened we were banned for spawning vehicle tires and aim bots. I understand the admin was angry after being killed repeatedly by us but to say that we were using any form of cheating is a complete and utter lie. My friend and I do not cheat and don't have the slightest clue of how to script. This is either a blatant misuse of admin power or a big misunderstanding. Either way we were wrongfully banned from this server and do not believe this was the correct way for the admin to handle this situation.

Chris

Banned from US 3040

Sounds reasonable but that what everyone says when they get banned, lets see if the admins that were present have any form of evidence or logs of it, if they do then your out of luck. but if they don't or its evidence proveing you didn't then a dayz staff member will order the admins of the server to unban you.

I understand and would gladly have the admins show me what evidence they used to ban me and my friend.

I believe Chris you were banned by association and for that I do apologies and will immediately remove your ban. Losing the chopper was not a big deal, its Dayz, that stuff happens and we are not afraid of putting in the time to get another. The issue is that your friend Stephen was seen in Direct chat stating that he was going to use an "Auto wheel Fix" for a vehicle he was interacting with. He was also seen discussing his use of "Ghosting" so that he could avoid harm. The final straw for him was that we went back to the location of the bus shootout and looking back to how he killed us, its impossible for him to do what he did without assistance. In fact the two of us who jumped out of the truck where still hidden behind the trees when we miraculously got shot. However we are still in the process of looking through the logs for evidence of the third ordeal. Though we still believe his first two actions are still worth a temp ban and I would be glad to update you once/if we do find such evidence. We did not show any abuse of admin power when we were shot down like I said it's Dayz things happen and I know there are other admins who would have the server reset button standing by in such an event. We are only trying to keep our server as hacker free as possible even if it is a futile process. Please feel free to contact me if you have any other questions or concerns.

Ah ok there is the problem. My friend at the time was using an as50 aws. We did not see anything about using hacked in guns that we had just found but if that is against the server rules then we understand. He said he did have a ridiculous no-scope on the driver of the bus but the people in the trees showed up on thermal. Also, shooting down the heli was possibly the coolest thing we have ever done in dayz. ^_^ gg

I believe Chris you were banned by association and for that I do apologies and will immediately remove your ban. Losing the chopper was not a big deal, its Dayz, that stuff happens and we are not afraid of putting in the time to get another. The issue is that your friend Stephen was seen in Direct chat stating that he was going to use an "Auto wheel Fix" for a vehicle he was interacting with. He was also seen discussing his use of "Ghosting" so that he could avoid harm. The final straw for him was that we went back to the location of the bus shootout and looking back to how he killed us, its impossible for him to do what he did without assistance. In fact the two of us who jumped out of the truck where still hidden behind the trees when we miraculously got shot. However we are still in the process of looking through the logs for evidence of the third ordeal. Though we still believe his first two actions are still worth a temp ban and I would be glad to update you once/if we do find such evidence. We did not show any abuse of admin power when we were shot down like I said it's Dayz things happen and I know there are other admins who would have the server reset button standing by in such an event. We are only trying to keep our server as hacker free as possible even if it is a futile process. Please feel free to contact me if you have any other questions or concerns.

Ok, stephen here. First of all I never once said anything about using an auto-wheel fix. Feel free to prove me wrong with a screen shot here? I do remember Chris saying to me though that he messed up the wheel on his motorcycle -- To which I replied hmm ok let's go check the factory, but upon getting on his motorcycle to assess the damage the wheel fixed itself. A facet of your server, not something that I was doing externally. (again, feel free to prove me wrong with some actual evidence) As for the discussion of 'ghosting' this is a blatant lie. I did however say to Chris that I got surrounded by zombies, and logged out not to die. The admin then told me this was against the rules, i apologized and he said not to do it again. Finally for the bus shootout, the guy who charged me in a bus -- he was an easy kill with the as50 because your server supports crosshairs. As for the two of you hiding in trees, i had the as50 with the thermal scope, which i'm pretty sure I found on your server, so those were also easy kills.

Another point that i'd like to bring up is when you first banned me you only cited aim-bot. (would we of taken 30 minutes to shoot you out of the huey with an aimbot?) After this post, you've gone back and added the claim that I created an auto wheel fix. Something you guys fairly regularly accuse of people -- http://dayzmod.com/f...0-dayz-rangerz/

I mean, let's be honest here. We both know I didn't cheat. Your reply, was nothing but a few petty lies, backed up by literally no evidence. Rocket himself said people won't be banned for using hacked in weapons, only for creating them. So show me some logs here, or un-ban me. Simple as that

Oh, and for un-banning purposes I have now changed my name to "KreaYshawn" if that makes a difference :)

Edited by stephens

Rocket himself said people won't be banned for using hacked in weapons, only for creating them.

Please use some common sense and have some honor. The weapon is not obtainable by any other means than hacking, meaning legit players will never have it. Kill a Zombie. place it on the body and hide the body.

• Like 1

So if you were surviving in a zombie apocalypse and found a gun you would rather leave it there? Playing the game realistically anything I find is fair game, who cares if someone else hacked it in. A lee entfield can be just as dangerous as an as50 tws.

Please use some common sense and have some honor. The weapon is not obtainable by any other means than hacking, meaning legit players will never have it. Kill a Zombie. place it on the body and hide the body.

If other people are continuing to use it, i'm going to continue to use it. Plain and simple it's not against the rules for me to use it to kill them. Especially when it's coming from their server.... lol

Still banned btw. Just when ever you guys have the time is cool. Thanks

this. i have a sneaky suspicion they are going to clear out our camp and then unban :(

If other people are continuing to use it, i'm going to continue to use it. Plain and simple it's not against the rules for me to use it to kill them. Especially when it's coming from their server.... lol

Then all those other people deserve to get a server ban also.

Then all those other people deserve to get a server ban also.

Dude, this thread isn't about what you think should be a rule. It wasn't explicitly stated in their server rules and rocket is cool with it. Why should they get banned? Explain to me, why. Give me some actual compelling reasons other than you thinking it's wrong

If you can't see what is wrong with playing with HACKED weapons, then it is not worth my time to try and explain it to you.

/thread

Stephen I must agree with AADiC. We are trying to keep our server as hack free as possible. This means that even players continuously using hacked weapons when they know they shouldn't will get them a ban on our server as stated in the server MOTD. I have told Chris his ban would be removed and have sent him a message on exactly how to go about doing it since I need him to try joining again to access his GUID ID with ease. As for Stephen, I never said that yours would be removed. I would like to make it clear that I will NOT be removing your ban for the reasons stated in my earlier post. Your attitude regarding the hacked weapon is a clear indicator that you are willing to continue using hacked weapons/items because you feel you are entitled to do so since someone left them there. This is exactly the thing we are trying to avoid with the players that join our server. We have no idea where your camp is and have even less interest in clearing it out.

• Like 2

Stephen I must agree with AADiC. We are trying to keep our server as hack free as possible. This means that even players continuously using hacked weapons when they know they shouldn't will get them a ban on our server as stated in the server MOTD. I have told Chris his ban would be removed and have sent him a message on exactly how to go about doing it since I need him to try joining again to access his GUID ID with ease. As for Stephen, I never said that yours would be removed. I would like to make it clear that I will NOT be removing your ban for the reasons stated in my earlier post. Your attitude regarding the hacked weapon is a clear indicator that you are willing to continue using hacked weapons/items because you feel you are entitled to do so since someone left them there. This is exactly the thing we are trying to avoid with the players that join our server. We have no idea where your camp is and have even less interest in clearing it out.

haha seriously? -- First you accuse me of cheating, then you realize it was a baseless claim so you're banning me for using a gun someone else put on your server. if changing the reason for the ban twice wasn't enough, we now have three times. Aimbot --> Created a wheel --> Hacked gun

If you un-ban me I will agree to no longer used hack guns on your server, but i can 100% for sure say that in all the times i've played there never once has it said in the bottom left using hacked guns aren't allowed (why would i assume differently when rocket says it's fine). I mean when we shot you guys down one of you even had a radio... lol ... isn't that hacked?

Edited by stephens

I'll clear it out for you? haha.

It amazes me that people blindly follow the almighty Rocket's words. Use the brains you were given, they took the weapons out of the game for a reason, now what reason they have to then say, "but as long as you didn't script it in, you can use them" is beyond logic, if they do not want the weapons in the game, then don't use them, SMH.

Edit:

"but i can 100% for sure say that in all the times i've played there never once has it said in the bottom left using hacked guns aren't allowed (why would i assume differently when rocket says it's fine)."

Because it is common sense that is why you would.

Edited by AADiC
  • Like 1

One of us had a radio? Ok Stephen please just stop. Now you're just embarrassing yourself. Please go bother another server that will take the likes of you in. We will not have players like you ruining the experience for other players in our server. Your friend Chris has already been back to the server and playing. I suggest you do the same somewhere else. The conversation between you and I has ended.

Edited by General Maximus

One of us had a radio? Ok Stephen please just stop. Now you're just embarrassing yourself. Please go bother another server that will take the likes of you in. We will not have players like you ruining the experience for other players in our server. Your friend Chris has already been back to the server and playing. I suggest you do the same somewhere else. The conversation between you and I has ended.

You're the one ruining the experience... banning people because you shoot at them, and then they kill you? Let's add false accusations, and hypocrisy in and you have your server. We shall see what day-Z staff has to say

Funny how rockets words always get used to support the usage of hacked weapons.

But to be fair, someone asked if they would be [globally] banned [by DayZ Staff] for using hacked items. Rockets answer was no, but they would closely watch such accounts as they are suspicious for being hackers. So no one at this point gets globally banned for using hacked weapons by DayZ Staff. But there's always a "but".

Let's take this to the level were it get's interesting, the server-hosting rules.

11. As a server admin you must not:

You are not permitted to ban players for killing yourself or clan members.

You are not permitted to shutdown your server when your killed.

You are not permitted to shutdown your server when you lose a vehicle.

You are not permitted to kick or ban for smacktalk.

You are not permitted to ban for suspected cheats or exploits of a non-server-disruptive nature, including but not limited to ghosting, unverified cheating, duping and similar, UNLESS you have solid evidence, IE logs.

I marked the important part here. Basically server admins can ban players for using hacked stuff, because that can be considered cheating. How can some members of this communtiy actually think hacking stuff in is cheating and bad, but using that stuff is not??? Seriously, I want one solid explanation on why using hacked-in equipment is not considered cheating and against the server hosting rules? DayZ staff removed the M107 TWS from the game because it was totally overpowered. The AS-50 TWS never was in the game and always hacked. When the M107 TWS got removed, there had been less than a dozens of legit ones around according to a staff members post. The chance for one of those still being around (and not just a dupe or ahcked version) is around zero after such a long time.

So again, please explain to me why using a weapon that was removed by staff for being overpowered and now can only be obtained from hackers is not cheating? Oh yes, because in a Zombie-Apocalypse you wouldn't fair play. Is that your argument? If and when we have a ZA, use whatever you get, I don't care, but as long as DayZ is a game you also have to follow certain rules of fairness and not ruin the fun of everyone else. Server admins have access to the logs were you can see who spawned with which equipment and what stuff was created ingame. That's solid proof according to the server hosting rules and you can get banend according to that. That's not a global ban, but a server ban. So don't say you can't get banned for it. You can't globally in DayZ by the staff, but keep cheating on servers and sooner or later you will be banned on most of them.

A lot of members of the DayZ community have double-standards here. If you can do stuff that profits you - do it! But god forbid someone does it too! Then he should be banned or their server blacklisted. You can see that attitude every day here. Server admins banning exploiters, hackers and cheaters and the banned guys complain about admins not following rules ("abusive admins"). Those server admins are at least trying to be part of the solution of the hacking and cheating in DayZ whilest you guys (those who use such hacked weapons) are just part of the problem!

As a community, we all should work together to solve the hacking problem. A first step every user can do is to not use those weapons and items, but to destroy them whenever he finds them!

If someone can't follow the most basic rules of fair play, honesty and common sense, he shouldn't go to the forum to QQ and complain about others. Really.

On our clan server it works like this: Upon joining you get a link to our forum where you can find a huge list of legit items in DayZ sorted by class. So everyone knows or at least has the chance to inform himself about it. If they don't, they might have to live with the consequences. I will ban every user of hacked stuff on our clans server for 48 h. They can consider this as a warning ban with the reason and a link to the "legit weapon list". Then they know the reason for 100%. If they join again with hacked stuff or obtain it while on the server and keep it for a longer time, they will be banned for a week. If they violate the rules of fair play again the third ban is permanent. We don't want hackers, cheaters and exploiters on our server. If you don't want to play fair, join another server or just stop playing DayZ (would be the best option BTW). This is an online MP game and everyone has the same right to enjoy it and have fun. Just because your fun got spoiled at some point by someone hacking stuff in or using hacked stuff against you doesn't allow you to do the same!

Just my two :beans: .

Edited by System98
  • Like 1

The problem here is not that he was using a hacked weapon. We were originally banned for using scripts and aimbots of which the admins had no actual proof. No logs, nothing said in chat, nothing. Later they find out that he was using this weapon and decide to ban him for that. Stephen and I were not even aware that using the tws was against the server rules because we were never informed or even given a warning. The admins clearly broke the bottom line that you so clearly pointed out and then backtracked when they had no evidence. Some servers are fine with having hacked weapons so long as you do not run scripts. So why should he get a perma-ban for using a weapon that we had no idea was not permitted. I understand some people think weapons like the tws are not fair but that is your opinion and must me stated somewhere, so that we are aware it will get us banned on the server. Likewise the admins have no proof that he was using the tws until after I stated he was not using an aimbot. The only proof they have is something that I said, and I was not even present for the last battle which he got banned for. For all I know he could have found a regular as50 and done the same thing. There is just a lack of evidence here for this to be a permanent ban AND a shady way to treat a situation where the admins had no evidence to support their claims. We stated above that if we had known the weapon was not allowed on that server then we would not have used it or even joined the server in the first place. So honestly I don't care about your two cents, we were both banned with no evidence to support it and only after the fact did they change his ban for using the hacked weapons.

Edited by cbarnes1

the whole thing sounds really fishy to me...why don't you just suck it up and try to find another server? i think most ppl will agree that keeping a hacked weapon may not be punishable according to rocket but it's still a fucking immoral thing to do for a honorable gamer trying to enjoy this game. And don't give us that "he didn't know it was hacked" crap ... you don't shoot down helis with your as50 in this game when you don't even know when you use a hacked weapon.

Actually i can't really believe you come here for a ban appeal pointing on the server rules when your claim is clearly morally indefensible.

We were banned 5 minutes after killing their clan, with the reason of aim-bot, and vehicle creation. They have no proof of this, and it was a completely bogus claim.

They didn't even know I had an as.50 TWS, until we told them ourselves.

Stop thinking about whether or not it was wrong that I picked up a hacked gun, and look at the real issue.

Is this not an abuse of their power?

Edited by stephens