Sign in to follow this  
Chapin

Choosing the correct server

Well hello everyone. I have been playing and on the forums for a few weeks trying to learn as much as possible. Most of the time it seems like the forums have become lacking in knowledge :D. What I would like to know is how you figured out your "home" server. I understand that there are a few variables: ping, clan, number of players, maybe even server start date.

I have just acquired a few decent items and wanting to set up a camp so I can empty my backpack.

Thanks in advance,

Chapin

ca 15 was a fresh new server

we had access to the admins

took all the single spawn utility vehicles quickly

during day time it was 20-50 people playing, during night it was 0-5

RESET EVERY 4 HOURS <- FUCKING IMPORTANT

extremely low ping

I enjoy a server (won't name due to not wanting hackers), and I just like the fast load times and no hackers in-game. Plus I'm playing with the owner and he's got the good trucks and loot.

Wow, your first two responses boil down to "Play on a server where you know the admin so you can hoard all the good lootz." Douche bags.

Things I look for, in no particular order:

• Consistently good number of players.
  • A webpage or forum (gives you a hint of how active the admins are)
  • How long has the server been around? Are the admins hosting servers for other games? Stability is a good thing.
  • Good performance at different times of day.

Wow, your first two responses boil down to "Play on a server where you know the admin so you can hoard all the good lootz." Douche bags.

Piss off.

There is nothing about knowing the owner that gives you special access to "the good lootz" in any sort of underhanded manner. Playing on the server constantly does that, and who plays on it more than the owner?

Edited by Just a Goat