Sign in to follow this  
mdmonnik@deakin.edu.au

This story beats all. Most UNFORTUNATE bandit story ever!

All credit goes to the respective owner (Mooncabbage) at the games.on.net forums.

I can pretty much guarantee my "Oops, now I'm a bandit" story, trumps all the rest of yours.

Over the past few days, a few of us from the forums here have been trying to form a survivor group, although we were all initially spread all over the map, we planned to come together, build a camp, and then venture forth to improve our general situation.

Our first attempt was thwarted by the GoN server not saving properly, and a crash. Tonight we tried again. The sun was setting as we all got in. The server was fixed and saving, but we'd all turned up at random spawns along the beach. There were 5 of us, at the start.

Without landmarks, and in total darkness, chose a heading that I knew would take me roughly where the others would be joining up. I ran for what felt like hours, with only my Gamma Vision to guide me. Eventually, and somewhat coincidentally, we all met up at Kozlovka around the same time. From there we began to move towards our chosen camp site.

With the moon now set, the darkness was near total, even with the most xray vision possible. In order to stay together it was decided that two of us would carry chemlights, one leading in front, and one at the rear. I drew the short straw, and would be the rearguard.

On we went, stopping once to raid a deer stand for precious AKM ammo, and then one of our number had to leave. At the time, it seemed unfortunate. The four of us continued on, stopping only once, to loot a few supplies. Finally we were only 1 short km from our destination, when our chemlights ran out. Not a worry, I thought, we'll just light another. And so it was, for our pathfinder, the only one of us with a card good enough to see 5 ft in front of his face. When it came my turn, I experienced a moment of lag, resulting in my throwing a chemlight slightly further than I had intended. Only as it turns out, it was not a chemlight, but infact, a hand grenade. It landed plop, smack bang among my compatriots.

I was knocked to the ground by the force of the blast. I rose, checked myself, and realised there was not a scratch on me. I wasn't even bleeding. My friends had not been so lucky. Every one of them was dead. And it was in that moment that I realised, I had a towel on my head.

I wonder, is sorry enough?

Edited by Shad0w_St3p

Why you use chemlight to light yourselfs up for snipers?

I once killed a clan taking screenshots with a buddy.

22 kills and all of their vehicles, including a huey, in less than 30 seconds.

mm.