jerryk

Tips from a 100+ day survivor

I think I will start playing this way... I have a ton of gear... DMR, M249 SAW, PDW, 2 NVG, 2 GPS, Ghillie etc etc...

I find I don't really need any of that gear to survive (my original goal) and unless I plan to start killing people I don't really need the DMR.

I've gotten so bored I'm about ready to just give my gear away and start over. Working so hard for all that gear only to realize how utterly useless most of it is... quite unrewarding. I started playing private hive servers just to get the excitement of gearing back up again and I do just as well with a hatchet and maybe a pistol to survive... and it's more exciting.

Yea I believe such dangerous gameplay is far more rewarding then just hoard weapons and vehicles and basicaly never to use them because you are affraid of losing them.

One tip, before you bandage or blood transfusion anybody, tell them to drop their gun or put hatchet on toolbelt.

This will drasticaly improve your chances of surviving while maintaining friendly / hero gameplay :-).

Ofcourse if we were in real apocalypse, I would probably hid in the middle of a large forest and avoid people like a plague, but luckily, DayZ is just a game :).

Dude. Mad respect for lasting 100+ days, but DayZ is a video game. Video Games are made to be fun, after a long day of work or whatever you do you sit back with your friends and play to relax, sit back, and have some fun. No player interaction? You're essentially taking all the spontaneous fun, nervousness, anxiety, and basically everything else that makes me want to come back.

• Like 1

Each to his own and all that. But what do you actually do once you filled your canteen and shot a cow ? Log off lol ? I dont mean to slate how you play mate i just dont get how anyone could enjoy this.

• Like 1

Delta it's the little things, that in survival matter. DayZ can be played similar to a ego-shooter and shooting everything... But i think he is playing it more realisticly in a way. If this notion could be added to DayZ, it really would be a long-term game for the survival experts. I guess one can achieve that with increased difficulty, would be cool to have a mode just for the purpose to live the longest, respawning the least, staying on one server etc.

I really think Xpherion got a different side of the game and that side i would love to be supported or brought up better, lately i've been to busy searching for hacker camps and blowing them up or killing everything in cherno and especially the as50 tws idiots...

If there would be more content or stuff to do while surviving, you could achieve an emotional level, one thats simply shootin everything, would never achieve.

Have my beans Xpherion!

Kind Regards Rex

Sooo .... Hide in the corner of the map on an empty server next to water and only log in once a month maximum. Alt + F4 the second anyone else joins the server. And make sure you never put yourself in any situation where a zombie even has a chance of spawning on the map.

Yeah, sounds like fun .... Why did you bother downloading DayZ?

Very nice first post, welcome to DayZ forums, have my beans.

Delta it's the little things, that in survival matter. DayZ can be played similar to a ego-shooter and shooting everything... But i think he is playing it more realisticly in a way. If this notion could be added to DayZ, it really would be a long-term game for the survival experts. I guess one can achieve that with increased difficulty, would be cool to have a mode just for the purpose to live the longest, respawning the least, staying on one server etc.

I really think Xpherion got a different side of the game and that side i would love to be supported or brought up better, lately i've been to busy searching for hacker camps and blowing them up or killing everything in cherno and especially the as50 tws idiots...

If there would be more content or stuff to do while surviving, you could achieve an emotional level, one thats simply shootin everything, would never achieve.

Have my beans Xpherion!

Kind Regards Rex

We all do everything OP does on a daily basis mixed with PVP, looting, heli hunting and vehicle repair. The point im trying to get across is, if he doesnt do any or the fore mentioned things, what does he do once he fills canteens and shoots a cow?

His gameplay vid atleast started nice discussion and it was fresh in a sense that his vid was not of bushwooking with hacked Thermal AS50 north of cherno / elektro.

Realising this I had to give him beans ASAP :)

Have them my kind hermit.

Edited by Hombre