trav

Yacht Rockers Private Hive (Chernarus & Panthera Island)

The Yacht Rockers have set up their DayZ private hive. We are running both a Chernarus AND Panthera Island map. The settings are Veteran WITH 3rd person ON. Side chat is enabled with a very strict no VOIP on sidechat policy. Vehicles are currently limited at 25, to prevent the map becoming a parking lot. That number may increase/decrease with server population. Destroyed vehicles & vehicles/tents off map are removed from the DB and a random respawn will take its place at the next reboot. Tents/vehicles auto save whenever someone is within mousewheel distance of them, to prevent "accidental" duping. The server is located in Chicago, but set for GMT+10, and reboots 4 times a day, at 2am, 8am, 2pm, 8pm EST.

If you want to play, and have some fun, check us out at www.yachtrockers.org. You will need to register on the site, READ THE RULES, and post in the Request Access forum. You will then be whitelisted. We are looking to form a tight knit community of rivalries. Leave your baggage at the door. Friendly trash talk is welcome, but dont be too much of a dick. If you are going to combat log, or try to hack, dont come here. The server administrator DOES NOT PLAY the game. He got tired of DZ, and is involved with GW2 now... This means all administration is neutral. The only person who has admin access, has no vested interest in anything other than making sure that the server runs smooth, and keeping cheaters and combat loggers at bay.

The server will have Yacht Rockers playing, and monitoring the forums. If you are tired of the high stress environment on other servers, and want to set sail in an ocean of smooth and soulful rhythms... Come on and rock our yacht.

(Panthera Island went live 10-19-12, while Chernarus has been rolling since this post was made)

changes made to server since orginal post :

1) we now use whitelisting instead of pwd protection

2) "Care packages" can be found on the map.

3) Custom skins enabled

Edited by trav
  • Like 1

The server is using the most recent beta patch, and most recent DZ patch.

Wow a private server, about rocking Yachts.. I am in. I hope we get more people, safe, secure and no hackers.

• Like 1

Apparently the Lingor server had a bad load string, that is now sorted. Apply people, I need more targets.

What kind of players are you looking for? Can I bring a group of freinds? Do they all have to register?

Welcome Scion!!

Pawdaw,

Ideally just people who like to play and have fun... also people who dont get too bent over getting whacked, who arent going to camp the beaches, but be social on the forums, etc. Bring as many friends as you can. The more the merrier!

What do you mean by lingor units? There is a Lingor Hive, but I don't think anyone from Yacht Rockers will be playing on it.

What do you mean by lingor units?

It's part of the Lingor Island package, custom vehicles for the map. In the non-DayZ version Lingor has a lot of story to it, the guy did a really amazing job with custom factions, items, vehicles and stuff but for DayZ it was really gutted and most people don't include the Units part of it. Units adds stuff like some airplanes, choppers, vans, ambulances, police cars and stuff made specifically for Lingor.

That would be a question to pose to our admin. He doesnt read these forums where I whore us out, but feel free to post on our forums and he will reply. www.yachtrockers.org

I dont know that he is even aware of any additional Lingor utilities.

The Lingor server is a vanilla DayZ Lingor experience. The devs of the private hive server have not enabled those vehicles or their spawn points. The Lingor server has the same vehicle/weapon restrictions as a normal Cherno DayZ server. Modding it to allow those items would unbalace the DayZ gameplay in my opinion.

Edited by chaosportal

I want to encourage more people to sign up to play on our servers. I am the admin for the servers and I do not play DayZ so you won't see any admin abuse there. You can also depend on me to stay on top of fixes and updates.

Also, if you play Guild Wars 2 we have a guild on Jade Quarry that is recruiting. Sign up on our recruiting forum to join us !

http://www.yachtrockers.org

Edited by chaosportal

Been playing on your Lingor server for a couple of days. At present, it provides an unmatched PvE environment, not saying that wont change as more people join up. The server is rock steady, good ping and restarts on schedule. At the very least people should sign up for access to experience Lingor in its entirety. With no hackers or griefers you get a chance to truly explore the Island. 5 Members of my group have signed up for it and spent hours on it last night, enjoyed every minute.

• Like 1

Been playing on your Lingor server for a couple of days. At present, it provides an unmatched PvE environment, not saying that wont change as more people join up. The server is rock steady, good ping and restarts on schedule. At the very least people should sign up for access to experience Lingor in its entirety. With no hackers or griefers you get a chance to truly explore the Island. 5 Members of my group have signed up for it and spent hours on it last night, enjoyed every minute.

Ditto to what Scott says, it is a good server and I look forward to others joining up so that we can get some PVP along side some great PVE.

• Like 1

We still have plenty of space on our servers. The Lingor server has been steadily growing, I would love to see more players on the Chernarus map as well!

Register and play noobs!

I had been loggin some time on the Lingor server lately, and last night its dated build began to rear its ugly head. The respawns at the beach, combined with the broken leg/debug respawn/respawn naked thing began haunting us. Anyone have any idea if the dev for Lingor is still active, or is it a dead project?

Oh well, back to Chernarus!

I love Lingor, but, like trav mentioned it's rather buggy because of the lack of updates. Really good servers, though, both Chernarus and Lingor. Amazing community of people that seems to be growing pretty steadily. Giving it some though, it's safe to say I've consistently had the best experiences on Yacht DayZ servers

• Like 1

Thanks Windmill... Cant have enough players, or praise!

We are getting some good action on the Yacht Rockers Chenarus server with all the new connections it is not always concentrated in the same spot. Lingor was fun, but like someone here said. What is the fun of having cool loot if there is no one to shoot.

Lots of action tonight for sure. Nice to have a full blown battle with another group and know your not getting hacked. Honorable Kills/deaths all around tonight gentlemen.

Server is still going strong. We dropped support for Lingor, due to the dev not updating it. We have a pair of active clans playing nightly, as well as some lonewolves and smaller crews. Always room for more!

Yup, there is the possibility of there being 1 chopper in play. It has spawned (I think) 3 times, and has blown up 3 times... never under enemy fire, just because our server is full of dumb pilots. :)