Sign in to follow this  
Cazami

Lost my backpack, why?

So.... for 5 minutes ago i tried to equip a civilian clothing i found. It popped up with a wierd sound and blue like screen for 1 second, and then i had it on. So i was gonne but it back into my backpack but then it was gone! I got all my food in there and alot of carparts so it REAAAAALLY sucks can anyone help me out with this problem please ? :(

If you put on clothes without taking your pack off first, you have a high risk of losing your bag, and you did.

Sorry, pal!

And i guess theres no way to retrive it... well a warning would have been nice... Guess i'll have to find all the car parts again before i get to drive :/

By the way... How do you know if a car isnt too damaged to be repaired ? Or is there like special spawned cars that can be repaired?

• Like 1

And i guess theres no way to retrive it...

Nope

well a warning would have been nice...

Yep

Guess i'll have to find all the car parts again before i get to drive :/

Sucks, doesnt it ...

By the way... How do you know if a car isnt too damaged to be repaired ?

left top icons when in car, red = bad

prolly can drive if has fuel and wheels, but might explode while driving ... :D

Or is there like special spawned cars that can be repaired?

hmm.. does .. not .. compute ?

think most spawned cars need repairs

Edited by M4L
  • Like 1

Im new to this game so alot of wierd quiestions, but can you sit in all the cars that stand around in town ? Those that are rusty and have broken windscreens ? :)

Im new to this game so alot of wierd quiestions, but can you sit in all the cars that stand around in town ? Those that are rusty and have broken windscreens ? :)

nope, just tha ones looking drivable ...

edit:

check the dayz wiki to see how they look

Edited by M4L

weid, i keep hearing this is an issue, but ive never had a pack go missing whilst equipping camo or ghillies..

course now that ive said it im sure my pack will go poof next time, hhah

If I had a dollar for every time a glitch took my gear I'd have 8 dollars. Everything from switching backpacks to disconnecting while inside a vehicle and spawning in the seated position. I've made just about every "guess I won't do that again" mistake in the book lol.

• Like 1

And i guess theres no way to retrive it... well a warning would have been nice... Guess i'll have to find all the car parts again before i get to drive :/

By the way... How do you know if a car isnt too damaged to be repaired ? Or is there like special spawned cars that can be repaired?

Don't do anything in DayZ without researching it first.

There is a list of known bugs, study it. This is on there.

• Like 1

I will indeed take all this in considaration :) THanks for the help

>.< please search before posting next time theres hundreds of threads I don't think we need one more.

To avoid this happening I always drop my backpack then put on the clothing, it will dupe your backpack to so if your friend wants one then you can give it to him :)

if you can when changing clothes drop your backpack on ground first if all possible.

this helps with not losing it during some clothing swaps. I hope this helps :D