ersan

DayZ.ST - $30/mo for 50 Slot US/EU Servers - FTP - DayZ 1.8.0.3 - Epoch 1.0.3.1 - Instant Setup - Custom Panel - Live Map Tool

We have resolved the issues with the starting loadout as well as custom loadouts, we have also added the new features to Namalsk. You will need to revert your pbos to default to have the custom features as well as the loadout editing.

DayZ 1.8.0.2 released, revert your PBOs to default.

It is a selectable mod in the control panel (not a forced update).

Edited by ersan191

We have resolved the issues with the starting loadout as well as custom loadouts, we have also added the new features to Namalsk. You will need to revert your pbos to default to have the custom features as well as the loadout editing.

What new features? :|

What new features? :|

The live editing feature on the map - if you make a change on the map it happens in-game immediately without a server restart. We're adding the support to maps as people request it and thought it would be convenient to add while we fixed the problem with loadouts.

Hello!

Like some, I have had a a lot of difficulty finding a server that is run and configured exactly how I like it. Some have too little of one thing, some have too much of another, and in some cases, the server is perfect but the admins are pushy and annoying. So, I've been contemplating hosting my own and molding it to the exact specifications and conditions that my friends and I want (and perhaps anyone else who may stumble onto it)

However, my biggest is concern is, admittedly, the fact that I have never hosted my own server before. Ever. I am coming into this as unseasoned and untested as one can be.

I would like to know what sort of guidance, support and/or information you have for a first-timer such as myself? On that note, are you and/or your staff tolerant and patient enough to deal with my epic-level deluge of moronic and potentially frustrating questions?

Ok, so I changed the server pbo's etc, only problem is I can't add stuff like a PKP anymore with the admin map tool. 

Some weapons work, some don't.

Our Chicago provider had smoke alarms go off in the datacenter so all Chicago servers are offline for the next 1-2 hours. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Hello!

Like some, I have had a a lot of difficulty finding a server that is run and configured exactly how I like it. Some have too little of one thing, some have too much of another, and in some cases, the server is perfect but the admins are pushy and annoying. So, I've been contemplating hosting my own and molding it to the exact specifications and conditions that my friends and I want (and perhaps anyone else who may stumble onto it)

However, my biggest is concern is, admittedly, the fact that I have never hosted my own server before. Ever. I am coming into this as unseasoned and untested as one can be.

I would like to know what sort of guidance, support and/or information you have for a first-timer such as myself? On that note, are you and/or your staff tolerant and patient enough to deal with my epic-level deluge of moronic and potentially frustrating questions?

We are by far the easiest DayZ hosting company to use - not even disputable, and if you want to run an unmodified, mostly stock server it is extremely easy. You just order it, change a couple options, and everything just works. You can place vehicles, move players, manage inventories, etc. through the easy to use control panel. There is a beginner's guide on our wiki that explains every feature of the control panel in depth and some basic server administration stuff.

If you want to add a lot of modifications (scripts like self blood bags, lifting, AI, custom loading screens, whatever) then that is on you to figure out, we don't offer much support when it comes to custom mods like that. We have a pretty active community on IRC and the hive.dayz.st forums that are very helpful, and a few people that lurk in the chat room that you can pay (usually around $30) to customize and install complex mods. Our official support won't assist you if you intend to make custom modifications like that. There are also a few articles on our wiki that cover making modifications.

For some reason teleporting players has stopped working

Did you check the 'draggable' option at the bottom of the map? Edited by ersan191

Our Chicago provider had smoke alarms go off in the datacenter so all Chicago servers are offline for the next 1-2 hours. We apologize for the inconvenience.

We are by far the easiest DayZ hosting company to use - not even disputable, and if you want to run an unmodified, mostly stock server it is extremely easy. You just order it, change a couple options, and everything just works. You can place vehicles, move players, manage inventories, etc. through the easy to use control panel. There is a beginner's guide on our wiki that explains every feature of the control panel in depth and some basic server administration stuff.

If you want to add a lot of modifications (scripts like self blood bags, lifting, AI, custom loading screens, whatever) then that is on you to figure out, we don't offer much support when it comes to custom mods like that. We have a pretty active community on IRC and the hive.dayz.st forums that are very helpful, and a few people that lurk in the chat room that you can pay (usually around $30) to customize and install complex mods. Our official support won't assist you if you intend to make custom modifications like that. There are also a few articles on our wiki that cover making modifications. 

Hello, Bean King!

First and foremost, thank you for the prompt response. What you explained is extremely appealing. My mental server image would have SelfBB, AI, Towing and Helilift... but to start, I would want to run one relatively simple and basic; I want to learn to walk before I try to run.

I acknowledge the limited assistance you would on a modified setup; that seems pretty sensible. Just as if you heavily modify a brand new car, you're jeopardizing the warranty. Knowing that, regardless of the path I take, help options will exist is a comforting thing. A beginner's guide and a handy Wiki simply sweeten the deal. 

I have three final questions that will convince me to make it happen this weekend or to shelve it and reconsider.

First, is the opportunity to alter the spawning load-out, add additional vehicle spawn points and add additional buildings something within the realm of reasonable possibilities? By this I mean, is this something that can be easily done with your interface or are those types of changing something that will require external assistance?

Next, is there a required contract term? For example, I sign up, I pay my first month and 20 days in I realize that I have bitten off more than I can chew, or that the grass really isn't always greener on the other side. Can I simply cancel, thank you for the experience and be on my way?

Finally, I confess that I am not familiar with the different server-type options; what's the difference between official? Private? Hive?

Thank you again for this.

Hello, Bean King!

First and foremost, thank you for the prompt response. What you explained is extremely appealing. My mental server image would have SelfBB, AI, Towing and Helilift... but to start, I would want to run one relatively simple and basic; I want to learn to walk before I try to run.

I acknowledge the limited assistance you would on a modified setup; that seems pretty sensible. Just as if you heavily modify a brand new car, you're jeopardizing the warranty. Knowing that, regardless of the path I take, help options will exist is a comforting thing. A beginner's guide and a handy Wiki simply sweeten the deal. 

I have three final questions that will convince me to make it happen this weekend or to shelve it and reconsider.

First, is the opportunity to alter the spawning load-out, add additional vehicle spawn points and add additional buildings something within the realm of reasonable possibilities? By this I mean, is this something that can be easily done with your interface or are those types of changing something that will require external assistance?

Next, is there a required contract term? For example, I sign up, I pay my first month and 20 days in I realize that I have bitten off more than I can chew, or that the grass really isn't always greener on the other side. Can I simply cancel, thank you for the experience and be on my way?

Finally, I confess that I am not familiar with the different server-type options; what's the difference between official? Private? Hive?

Thank you again for this.

Editing loadouts and placing vehicles are built-in to our interface (except on Epoch where you can't edit starting loadouts through our tools yet, you should be able to soon). Adding buildings is not simple because the map is not accurate enough to be able to position them properly - you have to use the arma map editor, there are several guides at http://dayz.st/w/Custom_Buildings

We are a month-to-month service, we do not offer contracts or prepay any farther than 1 month in advance. Generally if you are unsatisfied with the service you can get a full refund within 7 days and a pro-rated refund (refund minus $1 per day of use) at any time after 7 dayz.

You want a private hive, the other options do not give you much control over the server.

Edited by ersan191

Hi,

Really liking the new options. I have, however, a few questions.

1. My anti-hack has, for some reason, stoped working (AH script). Any idea why?

2. I can't add the PKP to loadouts anymore, either for online or offline players. It says it adds it, but in the game it's just a no-show.

3. Can I add custom vehicles that will spawn directly? I tried adding a T90 just to test it. It works when it is a spawn vehivle for after the next restart, but not as a vehicle I can add in realtime.

Thanks in advance

Just gone back to to .st after trying a few other hosts over the last few months. In my opinion .st are among the best and most straight forward hosts. Really pleased to be back with .st.

However, Is it possible to get our Epoch server Object decay timer increased from 6 days to about 30? We dont have access to the hive.ini file by default...

The object decay system has been set to a negative value and does not require any changes to the Hiveext.ini we have set it to where buildings will not disappear after 6 days, we have a page on our wiki to show you how to delete buildings that have been built and abandoned that you would like to get rid of at: http://dayz.st/w/Epoch_PBO_config_options_and_how_they_work.

You can find everything for Epoch specific configs listed on that wiki page.

Hi,

Really liking the new options. I have, however, a few questions.

1. I can't add the PKP to loadouts anymore, either for online or offline players. It says it adds it, but in the game it's just a no-show.

2. Can I add custom vehicles that will spawn directly? I tried adding a T90 just to test it. It works when it is a spawn vehivle for after the next restart, but not as a vehicle I can add in realtime.

Thanks in advance

Edited by OverRun

Updated to DayZ 1.0.8.3 (automatic, no server side changes) and Epoch 1.0.2.4 (manual, must change to using 'mod' field in the control panel and reset mission/server pbo to default)

• Like 1

You know what? I'm going to give it a shot.

Thank you for all of your help and feedback, Bean King. The way I see it, best case scenario, it's a great experience and my friends and I have a blast. Worst case scenario, I bite off more than I can chew, call it a day and notch my belt with another lesson learned.

Well...

It's clearly not as easy as one would have suspected, but the way the Control Panel is arranged and the Beginner's Guide provided really make it a smooth and simple transition. Like anything you try out, things will only be as complicated as you let them. The more you want to tweak and modify the game, the more difficult it will be; but that's understandable and, frankly, expected If you want to run a simple, stable and straight-forward game of DayZ, this would definitely be my recommendation.

I have found that nearly all of my questions (so far, this is only Day 2) can be answered either in the Beginner's Guide or on the Wiki in general... except for one.

Where can I get proper Admin Tools that would help facilitate my tasks and responsibilities? For example, the ability to TP from place to place, the ability to trigger God Mode, spawn-in items instantly, change my appearance, etc. If these abilities are offered through third-party software, is there one that you endorse or recommend?

Thank you!

Edited by Ragepriest

terrible Host, constant DDoS attacks, fires in the buildings now!!!! problems with databases. Support takes forever to write you back with a response that does not help your problem in any way. constant IP changes without any notification. saw messages about some kind of reinburstment due to Hosting problems..nope they still took our money. I dont even know where my Server is now, but we did pay till November 7th. Location Chicago.

boooooo. dont do it guys. pay few bucks more and find something better.

btw, control panel is not that good anyways.

i give you 3 out of 10 DayzST.

Well...

It's clearly not as easy as one would have suspected, but the way the Control Panel is arranged and the Beginner's Guide provided really make it a smooth and simple transition. Like anything you try out, things will only be as complicated as you let them. The more you want to tweak and modify the game, the more difficult it will be; but that's understandable and, frankly, expected If you want to run a simple, stable and straight-forward game of DayZ, this would definitely be my recommendation.

I have found that nearly all of my questions (so far, this is only Day 2) can be answered either in the Beginner's Guide or on the Wiki in general... except for one.

Where can I get proper Admin Tools that would help facilitate my tasks and responsibilities? For example, the ability to TP from place to place, the ability to trigger God Mode, spawn-in items instantly, change my appearance, etc. If these abilities are offered through third-party software, is there one that you endorse or recommend?

Thank you!

You can teleport players and edit inventories using our map tool (drag and drop a player dot to teleport, click on a players' name to open the inventory editor).  "God mode" is not something we offer, or anyone that I know of.  The only way to change your appearance is to modify your face texture, instructions to do that are on the wiki.  You cannot add skins that do not exist in the maps themselves.

terrible Host, constant DDoS attacks, fires in the buildings now!!!! problems with databases. Support takes forever to write you back with a response that does not help your problem in any way. constant IP changes without any notification. saw messages about some kind of reinburstment due to Hosting problems..nope they still took our money. I dont even know where my Server is now, but we did pay till November 7th. Location Chicago.

boooooo. dont do it guys. pay few bucks more and find something better.

btw, control panel is not that good anyways.

i give you 3 out of 10 DayzST.

If you feel like you've been cheated for some reason contact admin@dayz.st - we are very liberal with refunds.  We have also never changed the IP's of any user in Chicago, we gave significant amounts of notice for when Dallas and Washington DC were decomissioned, and we had no choice - we also offered compensation for the downtime if you contact support.  We are now protected against DDoS attacks in Los Angeles, Chicago, and London (to some extent) at no additional cost to you, while bearing a significantly increased cost ourselves - Singapore has not received large enough attacks to matter, mostly because it is difficult to attack an Asian target due to bandwidth constraints in the region.  The fire turned out to be a problem with one of the diesel generators and the servers in Chicago were down less than two hours.

Again contact admin@dayz.st - put ATTN: Ersan in the subject if you want and I'll make sure it gets taken care of.

Edited by ersan191

sounds about right...

noob: "your service sucks, i have had repeated issues over the last 3 months!"

provider: "did you send in any support tickets?"

noob: "of course not, i just prefer to complain on someone else's forums!"

provider:"if you put a ticket in we can make you happy..."

noob: "no thanks, that would take away my exaggerated self-righteous fury! rawr!"

• Like 1

Hello, Bean King!

I'm experiencing several problems; are these easy fixes or would I need to submit a ticket?

(1) When I move a player on the map from the Control Panel, I receive the pop-up saying "Survivor was moved", but then after about 3-4 seconds, the map shows them back where they were before. In-game, the player has not moved at all.

(2) The command to Heal Player, once activated, generates a pop-up which reads "Survivor healed and infection removed. Refreshing players", but nothing happened and the player remains in his same condition.

(3) Vehicles added into the map with the RCLICK+Add Vehicle option do not immediately appear on the map.

(4) While I initially set up my account selecting Lingor Island as the map, I later decided to try Fallujah instead. Unfortunately, each time I tried to connect I was stuck at "Waiting for host" until finally I was kicked because "BattleEye Not Responding". I didn't have this problem with Lingor (and yes, I have installed the Fallujah mod through DayZ Commander, just as I did with Lingor, which worked).

(5) Finally, where can I go to in order to verify which email address I used to sign up for your service? I recall various options when I set up my account, but none of these asked for an email address (if one did, I apologize that I do not recall it). If I have to send you a ticket, I want to be sure it comes from an email address that you will recognize.

Regards,

Edited by Ragepriest

To anybody reading this and thinking of handing over your hard earned money to these people.

Don't do it.

The servers are constantly not working. Right now my server show up as 10k ping in DZC, without a server name, only ip numbers.

No problem I think, I'll go to the control panel and see whats up.

Nope. That doesn't work right now either.

Matter of fact the only page that somehow manages to soldier on and keep working throughout all the "insert excuse here", (bullshit), is the page that lets you sign up for a new server.

What a load of shit. You may hand over your hard earned cash to them, but don't expect much in return.

To anybody reading this and thinking of handing over your hard earned money to these people.

Don't do it.

The servers are constantly not working. Right now my server show up as 10k ping in DZC, without a server name, only ip numbers.

No problem I think, I'll go to the control panel and see whats up.

Nope. That doesn't work right now either.

Matter of fact the only page that somehow manages to soldier on and keep working throughout all the "insert excuse here", (bullshit), is the page that lets you sign up for a new server.

What a load of shit. You may hand over your hard earned cash to them, but don't expect much in return.

Nothing was working for the last 12 hours or so, including the page where you order a new server. If it was it was because you had a cached copy. Our primary web/db server had a hardware failure yesterday and we had to get a new one online as soon as possible. All should be back up running now and I apologize for any issues.

In the future, we post status updates on twitter (http://twitter.com/dayzdotst) which is always accessible, even if our site is down.

We've made a new database backup and restore tool that works on all maps and database structures. Never worry about doing your own backups again.

KtEFXV6.png

Edited by ersan191