ersan

DayZ.ST - $30/mo for 50 Slot US/EU Servers - FTP - DayZ 1.8.0.3 - Epoch 1.0.3.1 - Instant Setup - Custom Panel - Live Map Tool

I'm porting the local anticheat i use on my own PC, to PHP to being used remotely interfaced directly with the DB. It does some DB analisys to determine if someone is a *possible* cheater, leave to the owner a further investigation.

It analyzes how long is user instance (survival time) trying to determine if he could have collected certain gear in a given time.. it check for banned weapons server side (no more client shit).. and stuff like this.

Related but separate.. i finally disable the gotcha thing and my server is finally flying, the rcon chat works like a charm now... just one thing, after a restart the thing returned alive! GRRRRRRRRR... it won't leave my server! :D ..ersan please disable it again.. :\

Our namalsk server is having tons of restriction 45 kicks again as of about an hour ago. Anything get changed or updated?

Check the last twitter/news post - restart your server to fix.

Okay we finally determined the problem with the players getting joined to the wrong server issue.

The problem is that ArmA2 for some reason will attempt to connect to the port you specify plus 12 ports ad infinitum (or 15 times, from our test), so if your port is running on 2600 (right now we put 18 ports between servers) and you try to connect it will either connect to port 2600, 2612, 2624, 2636, etc. (or on our servers 2612, 2636, 2672, 2708, 2744, etc. because those are all multiples of 18 AND 12 from the base port). God knows why the ArmA dev's did this - it doesn't function like any other game I've ever worked with or played before, I think before it would just try to connect to the first port but the recent patches they implemented a system that will connect to the 'best' available server out of the list instead.

We're working on an algorithm for making sure there are no port multiple conflicts and I'll post here and on twitter when we have it finished. As of right now switching ports will NOT fix the problem (switching to 18 ports from 10 actually made the problem much worse). The fix WILL involve changing ports when we have it implemented.

EDIT: We have determined that spacing servers by 17 ports should have no collision problems and we have also changed the base port to 3000 to avoid any conflicts.

To change your server's port switch to a different datacenter location and back again, this WILL change your port and MAY change your ip - please keep in mind that anyone who has your server saved as a favorite will not be able to connect until they update the listing.

I still have the same issue. Attempted to switch datacenters but none were selectable as they are sold out.

I would rent from you in a heart beat, but your locations leave me wanting. I'm in Pennsylvania and the Washington DC location pings worse for me than the Salt Lake City location. Unfortunately we're all players from the northeast, with some in the Maine area. Salt Lake City is fine for me, but not the others.

If you're looking for suggestions on locales, I would suggest Chicago.

Could a hacker have the ability to overload a server and crash it? Because just like the last two nights our server just crashed and when people were getting back on it crashed again... really starting to piss me off.

Edited by Traeyu

I would rent from you in a heart beat, but your locations leave me wanting. I'm in Pennsylvania and the Washington DC location pings worse for me than the Salt Lake City location. Unfortunately we're all players from the northeast, with some in the Maine area. Salt Lake City is fine for me, but not the others.

If you're looking for suggestions on locales, I would suggest Chicago.

In arma latency is not as much of a drama. what ping are you getting ? i play on a texas server and im in australia my latency is about 240 and it does not make a difference as most engagments are from over 500m

it actually hurts me on the inside that such a low latency like what you have is not good enough.

The datacenters we use are widely considered to be on the best-connected network in the world (Softlayer) - if you're getting bad pings to Washington DC from Pennsylvania I'd wager that it's related to your internet connection. I live in Florida and I get 39ms consistently to WDC. None of our providers have datacenters any closer to Pennsylvania, unfortunately.

We are currently sold out but have six new nodes on order (they'll probably not be setup until Monday because of the weekend :( )

Salt Lake City

Seattle

Amsterdam

Dallas

London (probably not until tuesday or wednesday though)

Singapore (new)

Singapore should provide very good pings to East Asian customers and significantly better pings than our other locations to Australia (75ms or so)

Edited by ersan191

Anybody else ever have this issue and know how to fix it? I am trying to change maps on our server but it will not allow us to. I change the Map, click Change Settings and restart the server. After doing that it stays on our previous map (but changes everything in the database).

@ersan191

I am still unable to change maps at all. When I do change maps it updates the database, but does not change the map.

@ersan191

I am still unable to change maps at all. When I do change maps it updates the database, but does not change the map.

Fixed, replied via e-mail.

Fixed, replied via e-mail.

Thank you! You are awesome! Don't know why that was causing the issue for us when it has been the same for all the other map changes we have done, but oh well. Keep up the great work!

Any idea on when Taviana is going to be supported for the Edit Map?

Edited by almaxkiller

Any idea on when Taviana is going to be supported for the Edit Map?

In about an hour, will post here & twitter when ready.

EDIT: Taviana added to the map tool (these are spawn points - there are a lot lol)

Uchni.jpg

Edited by ersan191

If I want to try a new map or a few days is the process of backing my DB up so I can't switch back when I change back to my original map automated or do I need to do that manually?

If I want to try a new map or a few days is the process of backing my DB up so I can't switch back when I change back to my original map automated or do I need to do that manually?

The automated backups will work but they are deleted after 48 hours.

I just recently tried to fire up rMod and my server and everytime I connect I get teh error about the content being deleted. I just want to confirm the correct param I have to have my players and myself type into DayZCommander. I have tried -mod=@rMod, -mod=@rModChernarus, and just @rMod. Still same error. Is there more I have to do in the database or anything to get this working on my server than just checking the box off?

I just recently tried to fire up rMod and my server and everytime I connect I get teh error about the content being deleted. I just want to confirm the correct param I have to have my players and myself type into DayZCommander. I have tried -mod=@rMod, -mod=@rModChernarus, and just @rMod. Still same error. Is there more I have to do in the database or anything to get this working on my server than just checking the box off?

I think this might be an rMod error, this started happening to me a couple of days ago but would still allow me to connect to the server.

Now it is coming up all the time and I have recieved multiple complaints now that everyone is seeing this message.

I have the correct information on my DayZ Commander, it just doesnt work.

ersan quick question

need to get away from my current provider(SS) when will you have more servers out of dallas?

try putting a space between = @ so it will look like this -mod= @rMod

Edited by MTUCKER0

ersan quick question

need to get away from my current provider(SS) when will you have more servers out of dallas?

We are currently sold out but have six new nodes on order (they'll probably not be setup until Monday because of the weekend :( )

Salt Lake City

Seattle

Amsterdam

Dallas

London (probably not until tuesday or wednesday though)

Singapore (new)

Singapore should provide very good pings to East Asian customers and significantly better pings than our other locations to Australia (75ms or so)

i had them working on chernerus server but cant get them to work on Taviana

anyway just go to message and add them there ( 100,<message here>,200,50, and your instance id here )

so it will be ID,PAYLOAD=message,LOOP_INTERVAL,START_DELAY.INSTANCE_ID

try putting a space between = @ so it will look like this -mod= @rMod

No it must be an actual bug that has happened past couple of days.

It was all working fine for me and the people on my server, then about 2-3 days ago the error keeps occuring, I had numerous people ask about it. Although rMod still works on the server for people who have it installed.

People who don't have it installed can also join the server and can play as normal but they can't see the rMod vehicles, it is very strange.