ersan

DayZ.ST - $30/mo for 50 Slot US/EU Servers - FTP - DayZ 1.8.0.3 - Epoch 1.0.3.1 - Instant Setup - Custom Panel - Live Map Tool

My server seems to not be working, hitting the stop button and it just stays on, with player count "Unknown". Any issues?

EDIT: Toker fixed it on IRC, thanks a lot man!

Edited by Sinoco

Amsterdam was DDOS'd yet again earlier, seems to be working now.

Ive been having this really weird thing happen on my server. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

I have the starting loadout on my server set to the plain old vanilla default. You start of with the basic backpack, painkillers, bandage and a flashlight.

I noticed that some of the players who were spawning in on the coast were spawning in with pretty much all the tools, antibiotics, sa58 primary weapon, tent etc

So I checked the edit Starting Loadout in the control panel and all that stuff was in the starting loadout? I did not set this, and it's not the first time it has happened. It's also happened on other maps.

It's really weird and random, sometimes there's pistols, other times lee enfields... when I notice it I always set it back to what it should be.

Has anyone else noticed this? Im a bit worried as I dont want this to put people off playing on my server cause they think it's too noobish/easy/not a challenge.

Beans for your thoughts...

Yes I have Had The Same, It only seems to occur after a service outage.
  • Like 1

Ive been having this really weird thing happen on my server. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

I have the starting loadout on my server set to the plain old vanilla default. You start of with the basic backpack, painkillers, bandage and a flashlight.

I noticed that some of the players who were spawning in on the coast were spawning in with pretty much all the tools, antibiotics, sa58 primary weapon, tent etc

So I checked the edit Starting Loadout in the control panel and all that stuff was in the starting loadout? I did not set this, and it's not the first time it has happened. It's also happened on other maps.

It's really weird and random, sometimes there's pistols, other times lee enfields... when I notice it I always set it back to what it should be.

Has anyone else noticed this? Im a bit worried as I dont want this to put people off playing on my server cause they think it's too noobish/easy/not a challenge.

Beans for your thoughts...

this means you have been hacked. its the first thing most of them do when logging in.

Yes I have Had The Same, It only seems to occur after a service outage.

Thanks mate, thought it might be something like that...

this means you have been hacked. its the first thing most of them do when logging in.

I dont think hackers are able to change the server starting loadout are they? Ersan, can you please confirm or deny this?

It's happened before when I had the server password protected too, so I dont think it's hackers... but im open to suggestions.

Massive update just finished, here's everything we did:

Updated ArmA2 Beta to 101747

Updated Namalsk to 0.74

Updated Celle to 1.7.5.1

Updated Taviana (dayzland.eu) to 1.5.1

Added map Oring (currently 1.0.7)

Added map Utes (currently 1.2)

Moved database and website to a much more powerful server, you may need to wait for DNS to propagate, if you can't wait you can go to the new site at http://us.dayz.st in the mean time. The EU pop for the website/databases will be worked on this coming week, which should reduce desync for players in London/Amsterdam/Singapore.

Taviana and Oring do not support bliss addons (buildings, per-user custom inventories, wrecks, care pkgs, kill messages, messaging) currently. They also do not support rMod yet.

Oring and Utes do not have the live map tool yet, it will be added tomorrow most likely.

Edited by ersan191
  • Like 3

I dont think hackers are able to change the server starting loadout are they? Ersan, can you please confirm or deny this?

It's happened before when I had the server password protected too, so I dont think it's hackers... but im open to suggestions.

They are able to.

You can inject a script that is executed at players spawn, so yes, you can modify the spawn loadout remotely (that's what you do normally using the server-side script locally).

Have you changed any settings in your control panel ? started a new map or restored a backup ?

I've found that when i changed maps or restored a backup it would change the starting spawn gear, It's easy to miss because you only notice when you respawn or someone mentions it but that's hours after the change has happened.

The strange thing was that each time it happened the loadout was different, It's totally random what gear it adds.

• Like 1

i know the hackers can do this its a script. sorry i forgot to mention that everytime this has happened it was right after i banned a hacker. some of them will change it very little so Admins dont notice it right away. others will go crazy and change it so people get everything. i make it a point to always check my starting loadout now for that reason. it never changes unless there is a hacker or you change the map. if you had a password on it then you probly changed the map and did not know that the starting loadout changes back to default. or your password was not strong enough and they hacked into the server anyways.

Edited by stinkybird

Massive update just finished, here's everything we did:

Updated ArmA2 Beta to 101747

Updated Namalsk to 0.74

Updated Celle to 1.7.5.1

Updated Taviana (dayzland.eu) to 1.5.1

Added map Oring (currently 1.0.7)

Added map Utes (currently 1.2)

Moved database and website to a much more powerful server, you may need to wait for DNS to propagate, if you can't wait you can go to the new site at http://us.dayz.st in the mean time. The EU pop for the website/databases will be worked on this coming week, which should reduce desync for players in London/Amsterdam/Singapore.

Taviana and Oring do not support bliss addons (buildings, per-user custom inventories, wrecks, care pkgs, kill messages, messaging) currently. They also do not support rMod yet.

Oring and Utes do not have the live map tool yet, it will be added tomorrow most likely.

so after the update to the database nothing is recording to Bliss. everything is saving fine its just not showing up in the database. i have switched to default settings as well and still nothing is recording as it should. new survivors/deployables/vehicles/buildings are being saved somewhere cause resetting does not delete them, but they wont show up in the Bliss database.

yeah but nothing is recording to the database atm

Try connecting to db-us.dayz.st instead of db.dayz.st if you're connecting externally. You are likely connecting to the old database because your DNS has not yet updated. Same with the map tool, use http://us.dayz.st - if you have an old link to the map it may be using the old server as well.

Edited by ersan191

Hi, I also happened to have the loadout changed if it is this that has happened to you. For me, it happened after a rollback.

The contents of the loadout was not that I had set up, but there was a ak74, supplies, care, secondary weapon etc. ..

And it does not belong to any changes that I have made. Probably a "bug"? I do not know, but it can help you ..

• Like 1

Try connecting to db-us.dayz.st instead of db.dayz.st if you're connecting externally. You are likely connecting to the old database because your DNS has not yet updated. Same with the map tool, use http://us.dayz.st - if you have an old link to the map it may be using the old server as well.

Not sure if this is related to other servers but on the Oring server every time you log out and come back ingame it creates a new player. In the survivor tab both lines have 0 in the "is_dead" field in the database.

Not sure if this is related to other servers but on the Oring server every time you log out and come back ingame it creates a new player. In the survivor tab both lines have 0 in the "is_dead" field in the database.

It's set the wrong instance number in the cfg file or in the DB instance table, so the progress is saved into the DB with the wrong instance number (and world_id) and isn't loaded inworld.

It's set the wrong instance number in the cfg file or in the DB instance table, so the progress is saved into the DB with the wrong instance number (and world_id) and isn't loaded inworld.

I *think* this should be fixed now.

Celle is currently broken, we are working on it.

I fixed the problem with Celle, had to disable all the bliss optional packages for it (buildings, kill messages, care pkgs, etc.) - the keys still need to be deployed to most servers.

Also FTP access on some servers isn't working.

Both of these problems will be fixed in about 3 hours.

Edited by ersan191

I fixed the problem with Celle, had to disable all the bliss optional packages for it (buildings, kill messages, care pkgs, etc.) - the keys still need to be deployed to most servers.

when i go to EDIT DATABASE its asking for a username and password. i have used the username and password on the controll panel and nothing happens. saying its not the right username and password. whats the deal with this?

Hey Ersan thanks for all of the hard work you and your team are doing! Any timeframe on when the map will be available for Oring? I wanted to add 80-90 pbx's!

So what about the missing heli crashes, carepackages and wrecks for Dayz+ ? is there any eta on a possible fix for that.

Celle and FTP have been fixed.

So what about the missing heli crashes, carepackages and wrecks for Dayz+ ? is there any eta on a possible fix for that.

Care packages and wrecks will never work for DayZ+ as far as I am concerned. Heli crashes are not an easy fix, but we will probably take a look into it soon.

Edited by ersan191