Sign in to follow this  
Ejaculacid

RU7 - Locking servers?

Thought locking servers were forbidden? ;D

Obviously gathering stuff is obvious.

Honestly, they are also under the minimum player count. I think a server needs to have at least 20-25 slots. Unless they are testing, then something is possibly going on.

Keep in mind locked =/= passworded. But it's odd to me their server name is that. I thought you needed to restart the server for a name change to take effect. It's almost like it's planned?

Honestly' date=' they are also under the minimum player count. I think a server needs to have at least 25 slots.

[/quote']

This is becoming more of a regular thing over the months.

OTT: This size of map im waiting to see IF they can cram 200 people onto one server :P

keep in mind locked =/= passworded. But it's odd to me their server name is that. I thought you needed to restart the server for a name change to take effect. It's almost like it's planned?

Yeh more than likely planned thinking the server name will throw people off & less obvious than the password option.

Those locks normally come off after a few minutes but it was on for a solid 15 minutes before i got a space on another server.

Honestly' date=' they are also under the minimum player count. I think a server needs to have at least 20-25 slots. Unless they are testing, then something is possibly going on.

[/quote']

The server has 30 slots. as soon as the hive will make a stable, then it will be 25-30 slots in the evening, at this point in the evening at 25-30 slots to play unreal. And it closed until the first 3-4 people are not loaded and so on, because if you just climb 10-15 Arma itself hangs.

Сервер имеет 30 слотов. как только сделают стабильный улей, тогда и будет вечером 25-30 слотов, на данный момент вечером при 25-30 слотах играть нереально. А закрытый он до тех пор пока первые 3-4 человека не загрузятся и так далее, поскольку если лезет сразу 10-15 Арма сама по себе зависает.

Honestly' date=' they are also under the minimum player count. I think a server needs to have at least 20-25 slots. Unless they are testing, then something is possibly going on.

[/quote']

The server has 30 slots. as soon as the hive will make a stable, then it will be 25-30 slots in the evening, at this point in the evening at 25-30 slots to play unreal. And it closed until the first 3-4 people are not loaded and so on, because if you just climb 10-15 Arma itself hangs.

Сервер имеет 30 слотов. как только сделают стабильный улей, тогда и будет вечером 25-30 слотов, на данный момент вечером при 25-30 слотах играть нереально. А закрытый он до тех пор пока первые 3-4 человека не загрузятся и так далее, поскольку если лезет сразу 10-15 Арма сама по себе зависает.

It's not a personal attack on you or your server but it just looked like you were gearing urself up. I'm a regular on NY13 which lags to hell but it's always open.

I'm looking for a comfortable game, and not to just work, it is better to let the 15 slots and comfortable than the 30 slots in the brake

я слежу за комфортной игрой, а не за тем чтобы просто работало, лучше пускай будет 15 слотов и комфортно, чем 30 слотов и в тормозах

I'm looking for a comfortable game' date=' and not to just work, it is better to let the 15 slots and comfortable than the 30 slots in the brake

я слежу за комфортной игрой, а не за тем чтобы просто работало, лучше пускай будет 15 слотов и комфортно, чем 30 слотов и в тормозах

[/quote']

Agreed, the massive lag spikes/de-syncs can be abit depressing.

yeah alot of servers hit the lock button but useualy for short amounts of time and fair play, at peak times the servers can get hammered and it just causes massive lag / desyncs.

IT doesnt help when people spam the connect button to try and join, this not only connects and pings the server but also the main dayz database slowing everything down.

Spamming the button is no different than DoSing a server when lots of people all do it at the same time. People lock there server to avoid this, normaly for short amounts of time and then unlock it again. 15Minutes is well wthin reason.

2Ejaculacid

OK. Why admins cant lock servers for a limited amount of time?

And did you read Information in server name string? - LOCKED BECAUSE OF HEAVY LAGS

Maybe disallow to admins to do anything with their servers?

I'm agree thats is bad when admins kick you because you are talking in foreign languages or killing them. But when the temporary server lock is required for stable loading or something that is not bad