Sign in to follow this  
Cyan-Eyed

I'm not sure I fully understand the updates for ArmA2 and ArmA2:OA

I've played DayZ fine before, just ensure about how to work the ArmA2:CO updates and if they're working.

I installed DayZ correctly and played a few games of it, although some servers require certain updates or higher and I don't think I have those updates. Most of these servers don't allow me to go on them because of the ArmA2 updates.

I have the 1.7.0 DayZ update (current) but it's the ArmA2 updates that I'm unsure of.

It says in the bottom right corner of the Arma2:OA menu that I have version 1.60.87580.

I tried installing OA patch 93616 (from http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php)

Is this the latest version? I see servers requiring "1.60.93616" and I can't join them. But mine didn't seem to work when I tried installing OA Patch 93616. How do I get it to recognize on my game? What is the correct way to download these latest patches for ArmA2:OA?

Look in the zip you downloaded how to run the beta-patch. Installing it is just half the job

Look in the zip you downloaded how to run the beta-patch. Installing it is just half the job

I looked in there and ran the only application file. It said that it patched and had installed correctly...

Didn't do anything.

You have to start ArmA 2 with the beta-shortcut.

Ahh ok thanks, that worked.

But does that mean I have to run the game through that shortcut every time now? Because I'd have to link it through Steam as a "Non-Steam Game". It's like a different game or something? Also, does that mean it still includes ArmA2 and ArmA2 Operation Arrowhead when I launch that beta version because I used to right click on ArmA2:OA in Steam and select "Launch ArmA2:CO". Just to make sure I had all the skins and such available.

Yes. If you use your original Steam shortcut, it runs the regular, non beta-tized version of Arma.

The batch file jiggers your registry to point to the beta executable and attendant files.

You can add it as a non-steam game, but I don't use the steam interface while playing, so I prefer the performance boost that I get by NOT having steam running.