Sign in to follow this  
Welch (DayZ)

What is the worth of an AKM?

You might be able to trade it for a bullet to the head in your way to a shady meet-up with some forum bandit.

DON'T GO OFFERIN' THE WELCH NO TREE FIDDY WOMAN!

I thought if I gave it to him he would go away.

I thought if I gave it to him he would go away.

You came into my turf, home dawg.

Worth a magazine for a mid-rarity weapon at best. Aside from power and firerate, it is a throwaway gun. The zeroing feature is pretty much made moot by the iron sights which aren't exactly high visibility or pointable.

i am trying to trade a m14 aim for 3-4 clips but no chance by now (the m14 is a M rated gun and unf*ckingbelievable in combat). so i think the value is about zero (or near it), its a gun i run into about 3-4 times a week and in most cases leave it where it is because the clips are not that easy to find.....duping ruined the market, sorry :(

i have to correct myself : it seems to be worth enough to shoot someone who is shouting "friendly!" without even a warning shot. at least thats what happened to me 2 minutes ago.

All these answers are obvious. I'm very aware of the volume of the shots, I don't even wield my main weapon when in towns, or even shoot for that matter. I just like it for it's PvP reliability (from past experience, and opinion). I'm saying, if you had one, what would you want for it?

z

People are answering your question; it's worth jack shit.

I picked up an akm last night in elektro. I was a little annoyed because even though it's a nice gun, it's a little loud for killing zombies. I gave my AS50 to a friend. That's a big, bad gun.

Of course, "value" has many meanings, depending on the context and even the location. :) :thumbsup:

Oh and no gun is "worth nothing". Stuck in a corner, surrounded by zombies, I'd even take a makarov if I had to. AKM is a good weapon. It's not one of the fanciest, quiet sniper type guns but so what. :thumbsup:

Edited by Sula
  • Like 1

The AKM's only problem is the scope and the noise. Having the standard iron sight makes it harder to headshot a zombie or a human but it's one shot kill on a zombie makes it good if you fire at a player and attract a zombie. It's a pretty nice weapon because you can find it in a fire station, balota or any easy loot place. In my opinion it doesn't have a high value but it's still pretty decent.

It is risky to trade and the AKM is a common weapon, so while it is a solid weapon for PvP, it doesn't really have any trade value.

I think that when people are saying it doesnt worth shit, they actually mean it just doesnt pay to set such a trade, the rist and the overall trouble of meeting someone is just not worth it.

In the current currency I'd say you could get one for 1-3 mags of some of the high end weapons...