Sign in to follow this  
yuk (DayZ)

Stand alone Questions.

As They comfirmed theres going to be a standalone verison of dayz. People say its 100% there going to be done by the end of the year. Which means by januray comes. Is this true? Also am I going to need arma with the stand alone? Is the standalone going to be alot such as 40$+? Anyone have a estimate of how much it cost.

If you read the I think it was the IGN or FPSGuru interview with Rocket he said it wouldn't cost over $30 and during the Beta of the standalone it would be cheaper. He also said he wants to release this year but its just kinda of a dream, don't quote me but he said something like that.

Edited by Zacx

People say its 100% there going to be done by the end of the year.

This is about the furthest from the truth as possible, although I think it's a misunderstanding on your part or the people you're talking to's part.

The very first alpha build of DayZ standalone will be released by the end of the year. That's the only thing Rocket has essentially confirmed. Standalone will be *far* from "done" (out of alpha/beta). It is just the timeline given for the very first public alpha build being pushed out, of which will require a small fee to participate in the closed alpha. The development cycle will be very familiar to Minecraft in that you pay a reduced fee to participate in the alpha and continually receive alpha/beta updates all through its official release.

So, hopefully that clears this up. It will not be "done" by the end of this year.

When it's called DayZ standalone, it means exactly that -- it stands alone by itself. You won't need any other games other than DayZ standalone itself.

The cost has yet to be officially announced, but rumors have it around $15. Take that with a grain of salt, though. It could be less or more.

Edited by Venthos

More importantly... with the money from the standalone, will they buy better hosting for the forums?! :P