Sign in to follow this  
.:14A41:.Pvt.p4lztZ

All the different server options/settings?

I'd like to know what options (they can enable and disable or min/max) are available for DayZ servers? There are sever side updates that I (we) have no idea about. Like the one with backpacks (when they weren't spawning) and vehicles. I only knew 'cause I was on a server at the time of the change and the admin told everyone. I was getting annoyed by looking for servers with 3dp off and all the other shit. Now they have the option to enable or disable chat channels and w/e else. Making it more annoying when looking for servers.

There must've been one as recently as of yesterday that changed quality settings. Specifically brightness, gamma, and or HDR. Are they able to enable/disable or just min/max (like view distance) that as well? I was using 93616 all day, then at night is was horrible. So it wasn't a beta patch. I didn't upgrade to 666 until a couple hours ago.

Would it be possible to get a server side change log along with DayZ update change logs? This whole servers do what they want is kind of lame. I know they pay for it and w/e, but damn...how many more options are they going to have a choice over that we the players have to sift through? /shrug

Also, in the future are there plans to be able to filter certain servers with all of these different options?

Cheers.

Servers can't disable chat channels. Latest version of DayZ mission (with latest ArmA 2 beta patch) disables them. Info and discussion about voice and text chat channels here: Voice & Text Communication

As for server naming and filtering, the difficulty settings are not mandatory elements of the name at the moment. There's discussion about making some of them (3dp and ch) mandatory here: Server Naming.

All that server admin can change are the config options such as voice chat quality and the these difficulty settings. Whether it is recruit, regular, veteran or expert is quite irrelevant because server owner can turn individual difficulty settings on and off.

Cheers, Wüstenfuchs. I didn't post it in here because I wasn't sure about: DO NOT post any bugs/problems or issues here.

To me it is an issue.

This reads that they have the option to enable or disable chat channels:

[93398] New: System chat like player connected/disconnected switched to CCSystem=6 channel. New configuration opportunity disableChannels[]={chan1,chan2,...}; in mission description.ext file possible.

I'm assuming that chan1, chan2,...are global, side, etc? If not, my bad...

I was just on a RU server that was on 93666 and 1.7, but still had side chat. /shrug

Do you know what the deal is with the quality settings? That's not listed either anywhere, but they're able to obviously (in this thread it talks about it) change that as well now. As I said it couldn't have been a beta patch 'cause it happen while on 93616. I didn't change anything.

This reads that they have the option to enable or disable chat channels:

[93398] New: System chat like player connected/disconnected switched to CCSystem=6 channel. New configuration opportunity disableChannels[]={chan1' date='chan2,...}; in mission description.ext file possible.[/i']

I'm assuming that chan1, chan2,...are global, side, etc? If not, my bad...

Yes, they refer to global, side, command, group, etc. But this option to remove channels is in the mission file (not server option). All DayZ servers receive their mission file from DayZ developers, and in the latest mission file, these channels are removed. However, only those who use the beta patch will get this effect of removed channels.

I was just on a RU server that was on 93666 and 1.7' date=' but still had side chat. /shrug[/quote']

This RU server must be using an older version of the mission file, where the channel removal has not yet been implemented. Once they start using the latest mission file from DayZ developers, the global channels will be removed in that server too.

Do you know what the deal is with the quality settings? That's not listed either anywhere' date=' but they're able to obviously (in this thread it talks about it) change that as well now. As I said it couldn't have been a beta patch 'cause it happen while on 93616. I didn't change anything.

I don't think server has options for such changes. As far as I know, only view distance is taken from server's profile, and even that only if mission doesn't overwrite it with the setViewDistance command.

Edit: Just read through the other thread, and realized it must be the postprocessing effects. Replied in other thread.

EDIT: You answered it in another thread. Cheers. I guess if you want you can close this. And hopefully server filters/naming will become common place in the future.

EDIT2: Forgot to add instead of server change log could we get list of mission file chages? I guess that's what I meant with all this. I wasn't sure wtf the deal was. Hehe.

The mission file is very easy to edit as a server owner, it's just a text file with a different extension.

That is probably how any server running 1.7/beta is still using side chat, because it's simply deleting a line.

I'm assuming this is against the rules though, and do not advocate editing the mission file in any way.

Bah they can change mission files as well? So now I'll have to look for servers without this quality setting. And if it's against the rules then I'll have to look for a very special one...shit...oh well...fuck.

Bah they can change mission files as well? So now I'll have to look for servers without this quality setting. Shit...oh well...fuck.

When I said that they can edit the mission file I meant it purely as a validation of actually being able to and did not mean that it is allowed, in fact, I highly discourage anyone editing their mission file, as, odds are, you could get blacklisted if caught.

Yeah man I get what you said. I really can't play the way those settings are though. Destroys the look of the map in the day time. Trees look all bleh...colors aren't represented correctly, etc. At night without a light source it's impossible. At too much of a disadvantage with any light source. So might as well not play then either lol. If it doesn't change and since mission file changes are frowned upon. I'll just stick to the forums instead of playing until it's changed or some shit. No worries. I know it's alpha and these thing's need to be tested. I just can't stand it. So I guess I'll just sit this phase out. :P

EDIT2: Forgot to add instead of server change log could we get list of mission file chages? I guess that's what I meant with all this. I wasn't sure wtf the deal was. Hehe.

All the mission file changes are changes for DayZ so technically I guess they should be in the DayZ change logs. The way DayZ is designed anyways is that the mission file is extremely small, and it only calls functions from the mod files so most of the mission scripts are actually in the mod's pbo files. For this reason, there won't really be much changes to the actual mission file.