Danjel

Can't get myself to buy it for one reason

As the title says I just can't buy it because of the awful way the zombies behave, running fast as a car randomly and then slowing down running around all crazy and when u shoot at them it takes about 3 seconds for the game to realize they have been shot and they then die.

So why is this not their main focus to do something about? Its been out a while, still no change.

I have never seen one run as fast as a car. I can out run every zombie that I have come across on foot.

when they run u cant hit them because of how fast they run and theres horrible delay when u shoot the zombies or a player

They use the animal AI as all the other AI in ARMA II uses "shoot you with guns" or "run away" routines. Therefore the zeds act a bit weird. The AI really wasn't meant to pilot a zombie, but stand in the field and go "baa" now and again.

• Like 3

This is a mod based off of the Arma 2 engine. It is something they are 'fixing' in stand alone. No point in them reprogramming/redeveloping Arma 2 base code for the mod, when the time can be spent refining those finicky things for retail.

I suggest you watch a fair few PAX interviews with Dean Hall, he has basically answered alot of questions for what stand alone will resolve.

You're doing the right thing if you can't put up with things that small. You would get used to it after a while, infact it does teach you to remain calm and conserve ammo. Dare I say you become accurate and quick when you have the chance to take down.

Edited by Banicks

What PoisonedAI said, and I've heard that it will be fixed in standalone. For now, since they can't attack and move, they'll never hit you as long as you're moving, and typically what people do if they plan on killing them is wait until they stop to attack, take a step or two away, and pop a cap in there head.

well thing is they were a LOT faster and glitchy, in fact today's zombie is child's play compared to say a month and a half ago.

Also it's perfectly acceptable to not buy Arma II for dayz when you have info that DayZ stand alone will come out.

imho if I knew about the upcoming stand alone when I first walked by these forums I wouldn't have bought arma II. Then again you're missing quite the experience. The alpha players will cherish the standalone tenfold... or cry about it since there won't be any exploits left.

Also they're INFECTED, they're still living beings... sort of. Their speed is motivated, unlike the walking dead *zombies* that barely stand up.

Edited by kryvian

That sounds like connection issues to me, not the game.

I have not experienced what you have seen, and have been able to outrun every zombie I have come across. They used to be very sporadic, and now (1.7.2.5) path pretty well - although sometimes they still run away from me before closing, but once they do, they don't teleport around like before.

I highly recommend getting this mod, even though the standalone will eventually come out, it's still a ways off. The benefits seriously outweigh the detriments in this mod. It's a unique experience, unlike any game I have ever played. I haven't been this immersed in a game since I played the Aliens mod for Doom II.

That sounds like connection issues to me, not the game.

I have not experienced what you have seen, and have been able to outrun every zombie I have come across. They used to be very sporadic, and now (1.7.2.5) path pretty well - although sometimes they still run away from me before closing, but once they do, they don't teleport around like before.

I highly recommend getting this mod, even though the standalone will eventually come out, it's still a ways off. The benefits seriously outweigh the detriments in this mod. It's a unique experience, unlike any game I have ever played. I haven't been this immersed in a game since I played the Aliens mod for Doom II.

Word. I was skeptical about the zombie behavior but bought the game despite and boy am I happy. This game isnt about killing the zombies, its about evading them. But when they do attack you, your connection to the server will have an impact on their behavior. Ive been on servers with great connection and the zombies have been responsive and clean, and servers with horrible connection where the zeds are impossible to kill. This is an experience unlike any other offered in modern gaming, go buy It and be happy. (Sad and frustrated at first most likely, but then happy very soon after.)

Edited by FractalMind

They have fixed the Zeds a bit. Before they would zig zag around you, almost impossible to shoot. Now they are still going crazy but the zig zagging seems to be gone. But the Zeds are the least of your problems in DayZ. So, don't worry about them.

I have never seen one run as fast as a car. I can out run every zombie that I have come across on foot.

Maybe he means a GAZ driving uphill in deep forest, using Q?