Sign in to follow this  
batflaps

Reset vehicles

So me and my mate just bought a server and we are just playing away as normal...

We decide to go and try to fix the helicopter today. There was a couple of people playing on the server but when we got to skalisty there was no Chopper and a hacker box just sitting to the side of where the chopper would be! Great!!!

So my question is in the event of such things happening is there anyway you can reset the vehicles and even wipe all the tents etc at the same time on the server. Basically returning the server back to "stock" ?

Depends if it was a new instance, the most probably answer is no as the previously created "stuff" is stored in the hive and will be read from there when the server comes on-line.

That would be admin abuse, so nope.

How is it interpreted as abuse as all I want to do is put the whole server to stock? Wipe the slate clean. My camp and vehicles would be reset as well.

I would consider it abuse because you would be forcing a reset of tents/vehicles upon your player base. They would lose their work. You'd also be resetting things on your request/ability, guaranteeing first shot at vehicles and the like.

The ONLY way to reset a server's tents/vehicles/etc. is to open a support ticket with DayZ staff and request a brand new instance ID. I'm not sure what the prerequisite is for a new instance ID and if it's even something they'll do. But, that would be the only way.

Lots of bad information already here.

No, it isn't admin abuse, you should restart your server often anyways, it's an important part of server maintenance (I think people don't know that and think every time a server restarts it's because the admin is greedy and wants a helicopter. Those people are...simple). Doing it right after you're killed is one thing, doing it when a hacker hacks a vehicle of course isn't abuse. That is obvious to any adult.

Venthos is way off, most tents will stay on a restart but your vehicles should all respawn.

• Like 1

To clarify, I'm using Host Altitude and maybe Venthos is using a different hosting service so we could both be right, not trying to be a know-it-all dick.

• Like 1

No, it isn't admin abuse, you should restart your server often anyways, it's an important part of server maintenance (I think people don't know that and think every time a server restarts it's because the admin is greedy and wants a helicopter. Those people are...simple). Doing it right after you're killed is one thing, doing it when a hacker hacks a vehicle of course isn't abuse. That is obvious to any adult.

Venthos is way off, most tents will stay on a restart but your vehicles should all respawn.

You totally missed what he's asking about. He wants to restart the server from a clean slate so all the vehicles will be at the original spawn location(like a brand new server). Different than a normal restart.

Like others mentioned, the only way to do that is requesting a new instance ID. But I'm not sure they'd do that because the Heli is gone.

How is it interpreted as abuse as all I want to do is put the whole server to stock? Wipe the slate clean. My camp and vehicles would be reset as well.

Because the players who took the time to gather the parts and fix it. They now "own" it, until you can find it and take it from them. Wiping the server clean, is abusing your admin powers to take something you want, away from them without any effort.

Atleast, that is how I view it.

Lots of bad information there. If you read the original post, you would see he's explicitly asking about how to:

"reset the vehicles and even wipe all the tents etc at the same time on the server"

He's asking this because he noticed the chopper gone and a hacker had spawned a gearbox in its place. He's now afraid he's been screwed out of vehicles/has spawned gearboxes all over and wants to "reset" his instance ID to a brand new one.

He is not asking how to just simply restart the server. You just read the word "restart" and made wild assumptions. Of course restarting the server isn't admin abuse. You really thought that was the train of thought here?

I hope you feel dumb here, because you are. You'd have to be to think that 3 different people in the thread are all claiming it's admin abuse to issue a server restart.

I hope you feel dumb here, because you are. You'd have to be to think that 3 different people in the thread are all claiming it's admin abuse to issue a server restart.

I didn't, can I have a chufty badge? :)

I've felt dumb all afternoon, I think it's because it's a Friday and I've got a 280 miles round trip coming up :(

Christ sake.

I am not coming here to ask how or if I can do this for the explicit purposes of getting a helicopter.

The fact I want this done is because it appears that a hacker has taken the chopper. There was a hacker box next to it with you know EVERY item in it. So obviously that is how he fixed it.

I am investigating the server further for other vehicles to see if they have in fact gone missing as well. the server has been up a week at the most.

So to reiterate. I want my server restarted so that the hacker abuse can be undone. I very much doubt people have put lots of camps up in such a small space of time when there has only ever been 10 at peak times on this week.

If you want your vehicles to reset, just restart your server. It will respawn the heli. That is what he asked for, that is what I told him to do.

Venthos you must have some kind of social awareness problem because the OP clearly just didn't understand what he meant by restart, he just wanted the helicopter back. Once again, I'm gonna give you leeway and assume that you have a different host and maybe restarting your server doesn't respawn all your vehicles. Hell, you claim that a restart would wipe tents which has never happened to me so obviously things work differently on your server (or you don't understand it, can't tell really because you got all defensive). It does for me on my server though, so if you don't know what you're talking about maybe just bow out of this thread gracefully and save some face instead of calling me "dumb".

If you want your vehicles to reset, just restart your server. It will respawn the heli. That is what he asked for, that is what I told him to do.

Venthos you must have some kind of social awareness problem because the OP clearly just didn't understand what he meant by restart, he just wanted the helicopter back. Once again, I'm gonna give you leeway and assume that you have a different host and maybe restarting your server doesn't respawn all your vehicles. Hell, you claim that a restart would wipe tents which has never happened to me so obviously things work differently on your server (or you don't understand it, can't tell really because you got all defensive). It does for me on my server though, so if you don't know what you're talking about maybe just bow out of this thread gracefully and save some face instead of calling me "dumb".

Don't even read his replies. He's a post whore.

• Like 1

Damnit now I do feel dumb, I typed out a reasonable response and then checked your posts and saw what a jerk you are around the forums, Venthos

Go ahead and ignore this, I wouldn't want to take time out of your trolling.

Edited by plhogan

Hell, you claim that a restart would wipe tents ...

I've never made such a claim. Let's see what I said:

The ONLY way to reset a server's tents/vehicles/etc. is to open a support ticket with DayZ staff and request a brand new instance ID.

You need to up your reading comprehension, you're 0 for 2 now.

Keep on coming back though, it's hilarious being able to prove right to your face with quotes how you fail at reading comprehension.

And no, the OP didn't say he wants to just reset the helicopter.

I am not coming here to ask how or if I can do this for the explicit purposes of getting a helicopter.

As the OP has stated, he wants to 'reset' the server to its state pre-hacker abuse. That requires a new instance ID, just like I originally stated.

Go ahead and make more erroneous claims, phlogan, you make this so easy.

...checked your posts and saw what a jerk you are around the forums, Venthos

I sure am a jerk. I help people who make reasonable requests, and make people who act like idiots feel like idiots. But, really, you've done all the work for me in this thread making yourself look dumb.

Carry on.

Also, hey Netro. Still waiting on someone to help you in that thread? ;)

Thank you venthos, I think your the only one who understands my problem while others just assume that I'm some dickhead admin. :)