Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy James

Fixed tents/vehicles? Wipe the hive

Now that tents and vehicles are fixed, lets wipe the hive and get a few zillion thermal as50s out of the game.

• Like 3

when 1.7.3 eventually comes out all the hacked guns will turn into makarovs

and there are other dupe methods that will make hacked guns common again

but yeah im down for a reset, considering the only thing i do now is make / suicide characters and play for the start :D

• Like 1

Even if you wipe the hive whats to stop another script kiddie to come in and spawn a ammo box with everything inside? The only way all this is going to be sorted out is if the hacking was taken care of and then the duping got fixed then and only then you can even suggest a hive wipe.

Even if you wipe the hive whats to stop another script kiddie to come in and spawn a ammo box with everything inside? The only way all this is going to be sorted out is if the hacking was taken care of and then the duping got fixed then and only then you can even suggest a hive wipe.

The hive needs to be wiped because there are tents and barbwire everywhere and reduce the artifacting..if i said that correctly.

Also i think the many scripted in objects on official servers are causing the massive fps drop.

If they did regular hive wipes then all of the hacked in weapons and such would be reset, yes, they'll probably be back in a week or so later but why not just do regular hive wipes on a weekly basis? Sure you're going to lose gear but it'd take care of some problems and this is dayz you ALWAYS lose your gear. Anyways, maybe it's just because of the recent patches or because I've played so long now, but I'm with buff and I prefer just respawning and killing snipers on Doubry or North of cherno with hatchets and crossbows.

Well, I am against a Hive wipe...since I got myself a MK 48, Enfield L85, NVGs, GPS, etc etc etc..All I need is Rangefinders, radio and a coyote backpack.

All of this loot, I have gotten legitimately, even without killing a single player.

A hive wipe, would suck for me.

Well, I am against a Hive wipe...since I got myself a MK 48, Enfield L85, NVGs, GPS, etc etc etc..All I need is Rangefinders, radio and a coyote backpack.

All of this loot, I have gotten legitimately, even without killing a single player.

A hive wipe, would suck for me.

wait what

a hacker hasnt come and slaughtered you yet?

thought that happens to everybody every 2 hours or so

da fuq

Edited by Buffjesus

I realize this has come up in many threads in the past but it's long overdue. The real issue with weapons and tents was duping by people who weren't running scripts. In fact most people were duping without even trying, while loads other worked this into their gameplay—setting up many many spots where they could be completely kitted out within minutes of dying, having a full chopper repair setup every reset, etc. People will hack it all in, sure, but it won't be nearly as widespread as it was prior to the tent/vehicle fix.

I'm astounded you haven't been instakilled either Tweakie.

Now that tents and vehicles are fixed, lets wipe the hive and get a few zillion thermal as50s out of the game.

Wait, tents and vehicles are fixed? When did that happen?

Edited by Axz

You wipe my tents I'll fucking kill you.

Took me DayZ to fill both of them up for goodies.

Don't get attached to your gear. Don't worry, the wipe is coming, just may take some time.

When will you people understand that duping and scripting is never going to go away from the mod?

If they did regular hive wipes then all of the hacked in weapons and such would be reset, yes, they'll probably be back in a week or so later but why not just do regular hive wipes on a weekly basis? Sure you're going to lose gear but it'd take care of some problems and this is dayz you ALWAYS lose your gear. Anyways, maybe it's just because of the recent patches or because I've played so long now, but I'm with buff and I prefer just respawning and killing snipers on Doubry or North of cherno with hatchets and crossbows.

Terrible fucking idea. I've had characters alive with legit gear for multiple weeks. Hell, I have 1 right now that's been alive with good gear that's on it's 27th day.

And to the hive wipe idea that everyone wants in 1.7.3? Another terrible idea. Like said previously, until the hackers and duping is surely fixed, then there's always going to be duped and hacked in weapons. What's the point in wiping the hive if hundreds of hackers are just gonna come on the next day and spawn crates of weapons everywhere?

Edited by 8-BitSpirit

Terrible fucking idea. I've had characters alive with legit gear for multiple weeks. Hell, I have 1 right now that's been alive with good gear that's on it's 27th day.

And to the hive wipe idea that everyone wants in 1.7.3? Another terrible idea. Like said previously, until the hackers and duping is surely fixed, then there's always going to be duped and hacked in weapons. What's the point in wiping the hive if hundreds of hackers are just gonna come on the next day and spawn crates of weapons everywhere?

Script kiddy spawned items + over 9000 tents v script kiddy spawned items.

Guess which is higher.

I'm new and a sniper got me, so my mom told me to get him back was to reset everyone. kk gotta pack my sack lunch for school now guys, maybe i got a gogurt!

The day the hive is wiped because of casual baddies, is the day i uninstall and decide to never buy standalone.

Edited by CM LEGION

Script kiddy spawned items + over 9000 tents v script kiddy spawned items.

Guess which is higher.

Who cares if duping is fixed? Even after a hive wipe. Spreading weapons via hackers spawning stuff and spreading weapons via tent duping is both bad. And I can bet that if the duping is fixed, then because of the sheer amount of hackers, they are just going to spread weapons like wildfire. You can bet that within a week, the majority of servers will have illegitimate weapons, vehicles and items...

And I already stated why a hive wipe every week is terrible.

Wipe the hive every month, people moaning about losing gear (which can be found in 4-5 hours) are just butthurt. Hackers are a lot less than a month ago (look at the active players atm).

And btw idk which servers you people are playing on, but clearly its the wrong fkin one. Only hacked in weapon i have seen is a M4a1 holo sd which idc about really since SD weapons suck dick.

P.S every Alpha I have had the pleasure of playing had wipes every week / month. Its people like you who moan that don't allow open Alphas.

Edited by HighPiez

I'm new and a sniper got me, so my mom told me to get him back was to reset everyone. kk gotta pack my sack lunch for school now guys, maybe i got a gogurt!

The day the hive is wiped because of casual baddies, is the day i uninstall and decide to never buy standalone.

Wow, you sure told them!